Reviews for The Human Species
AGuyWithNoSkills chapter 122 . 1/31
Whew! After such a long 3-4 days, I'm finally up to date!
Anyway, at the start, (121 chapters ago!) Lucario seemed like one of those cool guy ones, alone on a journey. But he kinda was just lost and running away. But that was pretty good. Anyway, when Lucario's first encounter happened, he seemed, a little bratty. :I Just a little. Just because he abandoned the Piplup who evolved into the Prinplup we all know and love today. Not really. But, Lucarios seemed like a total as*. I told myself that this was a typical story, the protagonist getting everything he wanted and gets out of every single situation, easily. Well, such was not the case when I realised, this behavior was something that seemed planned. By reading the normal text compared to the dialogue, I saw that this story, was a really good one. So I read. First day, spending up to 4 hours in bed. But it was all worth in the end.

Anyway, as time went on, the story became something from a ten-year-old's mind, to something deep and darker. Kinda. Things life threatening. And everything about Deoxys and the death of so many people and pokemon. Two of those, were very important. Cyon, and Ethan. To become one, Ethan as the mind and Cyon as the body, Lucario travelled, meeting many people along the way. Most of them females for some reason, but regardless of their gender, they had pretty bad things happen to them, and apparently, they were all good fault. And well, it seemed fine, until that last death. Now, the story went from something with achievements, to depression and all. Lucario seemingly to be taking it the worst. Then Celebi. But does it really matter how sad they were? They were both sad, extremely sad. Not much could help them cheer up.

Anyway I really am getting tired from the lack of sleep and reading all day. Perhaps I'll continue this in detail once the next brilliant chapter pops up. So, this story, as well as you, deserves a follow, and favorite.
Poltoi chapter 122 . 1/20
I shall blame college as well for not reading up to date. Seeing as how an entire year has gone by since I've given a review, I've changed my FF name in the meantime.

This story about Kyogre and Groudon was probably stopped by Rayquaza? Darkrai definitely seems strange, a person forced into an immortal, but I was really intrigued by your storytelling. At first glance I was put off by the bold text you've used for it, in addition to it being just what Darkrai had said it seemed like a mouthful. However after reading it again Darkrai's storytelling to the Mew of a different generation, fit in as an explanation to his creation. It did sort of feel like listening to someone tell a very long story to me while at the same time I felt distant from the speaker. It also fit as an explanation for the destructive Groudon, so I liked this story within a story a lot.

One of the thoughts I was wondering while I was reading the last couple of chapters was how Entei would ever enter the conversation between Zoroark and Lucario. Red did foreshadow Zoroark's connection to Entei.

I should listen in on this first chapter, but I haven't listened to an audiobook for... eight years on a cassette? So I'm not sure what I should be looking for in quality.

Happy New Years, 2016 should be exciting.
OseanSoldier chapter 122 . 12/10/2015
...
Something went terribly wrong that I forgot to read this chapter... I blame college.

Anyways, very good chapter. The beginning got a good chuckle out of me. The story told by Mew was very interesting. It is always nice when people infuse their own personal takes on history into Pokemon as you did this chapter.

The one thing I pity is how often Darkria is made an antagonist. Nothing against your story with that, just an observation.

And as far as the link on the bottom goes... sadly FF did away with being able to copy from stories (I guess to prevent plagiarism) so we can't use it effective... placing it one your profile would be a better option.

Anyways, great chapter again. Keep up the good work.
SirCreepington9th chapter 122 . 11/27/2015
The link is incomplete.
Can't wait for more!
GameManiac chapter 122 . 11/26/2015
Haha... You mislead me with the description that led to the group lazily watching TV.

Groudon and Kyogre now make an appearance in this story, and you fittingly highlighted their age by making them behave like relics in the past..Having them learn of books was amusing to read, especially when they realized humanity still knew of them through books.

I'm almost certain now that Darkrai is your main antagonist, especially since you're nearing the end of your story. And I'm glad that I know very little of what he intends on doing. We only know of his past and his previous actions that ultimately led to Lucario's deepest anguish. But what do you mean by "goddess"? My guess is that it's either Cresselia, but Arceus already had a mate, and that mate became Missingno. if my memory is correct.
Guest chapter 122 . 11/24/2015
Been following this story for ages now, thought you had left it at one point until i found it here.
That origin story though! Love it! And the tease of a finale i cant contain my self ...s fgjk#£ncu964cio¥:hcr
Yellowclover chapter 122 . 11/20/2015
Glad to see you posting again.
SirCreepington9th chapter 121 . 11/19/2015
Wow... Such a great chapter! Can't wait for more!
Rediamond chapter 121 . 11/14/2015
I never like critiquing this story because it would require me to focus upon its flaws. I happen to very much like it so I don't like doing that. More battles and a nice conversation to end the Three Champions arc-thing was good.

Not entirely sure where you're going with the stratosphere Pokemon since all of the usual suspects for powerful flying legendaries (Darkrai, Rayquazza, Deoxys, Mewtwo) are either too big, two much not-like-light, or would have been recognized. Maybe Jirachi? It hasn't done much lately.

Also I'm increasingly realizing how long it's been since Mewtwo showed up. I think you mentioned at one point that you wanted to take this to 151 chapters. That's... actually quite a bit, I suppose. But with Silver, Mewtwo, and Darkrai still remaining as loose ends I look forward to seeing how you wrap things up. And also how Lucario might eventually beat Darkrai when still getting roughed up by Marowak and Primeape.
GameManiac chapter 121 . 11/11/2015
I think that might have been the single most affectionate thing you've done to your main protagonist throughout this whole story. You're beaten him to a pulp albeit have him overcome hardships like Guts from Berserk, you've had close friends of his die in his very paws, and you've tormented him with "garbage" for nourishment. And part of me wonders where's his cut when he defeated Lucas and Brendan before?

...I can't believe it's been eight months since you last updated, or since I finally got up to date with "The Human Species". I told you I wouldn't pester you about updating your story more frequently, as I simply mve on to other stories that demand my attention, work on my own stories and continuously add 1,000 words per day as I write new chapters. And because it's been so long, I've forgotten how similarly we decide to write our stories.

We both enjoy going into detail with a scene, and not simply summarizing it flatly. In this chapter, Lucario/Ethan reminisces with Red. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less. But in that core topic, with that idea for your canvas, you paint a landscape akin to Bob Ross. Only, instead of a paintbrush, you use a typewriter. Instead of shapes, you use thosands of words. You (and I) enjoy fleshing out each individual character and giving them their time in the spotlight. You (and I) enjoy making wonderful descriptions in the paragraphs, wonderful phrases in the dialogue, that sound good in our heads and turn out great on screen or on paper, depending on the intesity of the light bulb hovering over our heads.

In short, that's the most defining aspect of a writer, and what I look for the most when I read a new or ongoing story. I enjoy words that convey all five senses, that offer a key into escapism, that immerses you into a world that your imagination makes into a reality, a universe that you don't question.

And I hope I don't have to wait another eight months to dive back in.
Harriermk2 chapter 121 . 11/8/2015
Ah good to have you back, this was a nice chapter very eye opening to the characters who we have always seen as power hungry champions.. me like :)
Kangh chapter 121 . 11/8/2015
I'm glad you're still continuing this series!
unown1variable chapter 121 . 11/7/2015
Gotta say, loved this chapter. It really puts the characters and their issues into perspective. Keep up the good work!
Quadredurudoubleslash2 chapter 121 . 11/7/2015
DUDE I can't believe it, you're back man this is awesome now the story is gonna pick up and I think that was deoxys. Man now i really can't wait for the next chapter.
OseanSoldier chapter 121 . 11/7/2015
Well well well. It has certainly been a while. Had to go back and reread the last chapter as well so as to not be completely lost. Needless to say this story is just as good as I remember it being and it is good to see an update for it again. It was nice hearing Red reminiscence and his interaction with Ethan/Lucario. You did a good job with that conversation. I am still very much looking forward to this story being continued and where it will go.

Good job and welcome back!