Reviews for Male Pride
intensewhatever chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
This was amazing! I loved it! Awesome job! :)
XiphiumIris chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
This, I think is really too much with the f-word... There's like 20 of 'em. But you really showed that Kurt is not girlish and has male pride too. Well done! :DD
Steffi Star chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
One of my favorites. They fight but end up in smutland. It's awesome. :)
Pyrofrickenmaniac chapter 2 . 2/26/2011
All I know is that I LOVED this story and because u made it clear that this was going on in Kurt's head, it is totally exceptional to use the f-word since this is in his mind and he can use it when he's upset b/c hes around someone he is comfortable with and upset with.

I do not see the misogyny in this! Kurt was just angry!

(this is a note to the mean reviewers.) XD
Pyrofrickenmaniac chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! i loovvvveeee this! I totally agree with you! I'm always saying "they make him act like such a girl" when I'm like he has a penis too!

Im so glad u wrote this and it was very entertaining, i especially loved those last few lines!
Muchacha chapter 2 . 12/30/2010
Basically, everything “The Kurt to your Mercedes” reviewer just said, you need to adhere to. I want print that review, frame it, put it up in my locker, and just sigh besottedly at it. Definitely gives me hope for this fandom. If only I was still in high school to have that locker. So, while I don’t want to reiterate what that person explained…

I think that type of review is going to help you more as a writer than those “oh, ignore the haters,” “they’re just rood/jealous/pmsing,” or “not worth your time.” That is not a good attitude, and that is why I am not ignoring the misogyny of this fic. I tip my hat to you for actually responding to your reviews, especially the ones criticizing. I don’t think reviews that are just given to pat your back are worth much.

What I don’t tip my hat to is the cheekiness in the brazen excuses you give, welcoming flames and explaining your view on how girls should act. It comes off as ignorant.

“Prejudice it just ignorance.” Why yes, it is, Blaine, and that’s why I love you, you‘re so smart. Who cares if you’re a robot. I’ll welcome the robot apocalypse as long as they turn out to be as well mannered as you.

I just love how you say there’s no reason to “flame” you on our note about why Kurt uses the f word a lot. Ok, then here’s my simple thought on the matter. Kurt is a fictional character with class, and it seems unclassy to be cursing so much over his little (air quotes there) prejudice about females. Seriously, I don’t know how many times he vehemently says/thinks he’s not a “fucking girl.” Yes, he is just talking about the girls who make guys pay all the time on dates… but it’s enabling the women hating thoughts. In the yaoi fandom with impressionable young girls who are constantly bashing female characters, I’m just sick of it.

About the misogyny… things that offend people are usually unintentional, so don’t worry, you’re not the first to upset a group of people unintentionally. I see it all the time on the internet. I definitely think you’re being biased in your explanation, with all the “I think” and “I believe” about how girls need to be acting. It’s simple, it’s either misogynist or it’s not. This is. Kurt is misogynist in this story, therefore he is out of character. I am telling you he is misogynistic and OC so you can improve your writing and work on that.

The criticism you’re getting is not about the debate of paying on the date. It’s unnecessary for you to explain that point. We know, you think girls who always make the guys pay are atrocious human beings. You’re hating a group of women and it’s your opinion, okay then. Don’t project it through Kurt and everything will be hunky dory. But if you must, do it without so much “fucking girl” this and “fucking girl” that with their skirts who need protection and can’t play football because they fall apart at the slightest tremor. Nice speech, Kurt. That’s where the misogyny mainly lays.

…Oh, wait, I just reread some of the first half in chapter 1. That is a lot of girl hating thoughts there. Wow. I’m too tired to be worked up again right now.

If a lot of this seemed like fragmented thought, it is 7 am and I didn’t get any sleep. That’s my excuse for this being too flamey.
hpswst101 chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
I liked it! Even though that last line about male pride... there's a double meaning in that. It's a nice twist, which I do agree with some of the time. Thanks for posting!

hpswst101
The Kurt to your Mercedes chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
I read this story a few days ago, and tried to find the right words to put into a review that wouldn't come off as ranty or as a 'flame.' Looking over the reviews that you have received for this story, it looks like I'm going to be in the minority of those who do not like it. Before you skip over my review, let me explain why.

Kurt's character in your story, is essentially an OC. Kurt understands girls. He understands boys. He understands that being a girl doesn't always have to mean that one has to have girl parts, and that being a boy doesn't always mean that one has to have boy parts. In your story, he doesn't seem to understand that. He thinks that by accepting chivalry, he's being turned into a girl. He demonizes being a girl in the same breath. Kurt is not one to do that. He is not misogynistic, like this story makes him come off to be. And, by brushing it off in saying, "They're his thoughts!" shows that you might not understand Kurt as much as you think you do.

The fact is, you try to make Kurt come out of this supposed characterization that the show has given him, but you've managed to write an extremely misogynistic piece. You say Kurt isn't a certain way? Not all women are the same. I think it might help you to take a course on gender studies. Just saying.

Lastly, just because Kurt is angry, that doesn't mean that he swears. The show has made it clear that he's more refined than that. I believe that he swears more than Noah in this, and that's saying something.
Natalie C chapter 2 . 12/29/2010
I was one of the people who commented on the use of the f-word, thanks for explaining! I really appreciate it. :D
Emmettsgirlyeayourjealous chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
I loved your story and I personally loved how Kurt had a bitch fit. Chivalry is nice but to much for any one will piss you off eventually. I understand completely where you ment this story to come from and anyone who either didn't like it or didn't make an attempt to understand can go read and review somewhere else because you shouldn't have to clarify your work of pure geneuis for some morons with the iq and understanding of karofsky because reading some reviews that's what it seemed like reviews are for POSITIVE feedback in my book not for people to be ass holes your story was fantastic so don't listen to those people because really their just scared to admit that their jealous of your superior writing skills
GreatPretending chapter 2 . 12/29/2010
Anyone who's offended by your story should just be polite and ignore it. Otherwise, their not worth your time, dear. ;)
IzzyBoleyn chapter 2 . 12/29/2010
I, personally, loved the story and I totally get where you're coming from. I honestly don't think you should have had to explain because this is your story and your thoughts, but hey it was nice to get a little insight. Again this was a great story and I liked that you didn't make Kurt this passive aggressive little boy that people always seem to assume that he is.

Happy Writings,

.Skittle
Kurtsie chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
omg I love Kurt when he's all angry and in charge! It's SOOOOOOOO much hotter than in the fics where he DOES let Blaine control everything! Way to break the steriotype! ;) Remember where that line is from? I hope so, if you're a True Gleek!
Genevia chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Man, I laughed at this. Nice story!
The Fabulous A.J chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Yeah, in the Britney and Britney episode, Kurt wore a skirt. I mean it might have been a kilt of some sort, but I dunno... Just sayin'.

Other than that, I totally like this and the message. Good one!