Reviews for Halo: Chimera Rising
Commonwealth chapter 32 . 8/5
Wow what a way to end it. Revealing the ground work for a conspiracy bigger than what readers had orginally imagined. Nonetheless an epic conclusion for the first part of chimera's story and eagerly awaiting the second. Hopefully some more of our favored cast from carcu will make an appearance
Commonwealth chapter 32 . 8/4
Wow what a way to end it. Revealing the ground work for a conspiracy bigger than what readers had orginally imagined. Nonetheless an epic conclusion for the first part of chimera's story and eagerly awaiting the second. Hopefully some more of our favored cast from Crassus will make an appearance.
Commonwealth chapter 5 . 7/27
Vtan makes an appearance (squeals like a fan girl)! Albeit flashback though. But still it's nice to see him and hopefully some more in later chapters.
But great work on the writing and plot, delving deeper into the mysterious chimera team. It'll be great to see another spartan training regime that John 117 had to endure from the rivalry to the bonding. Though I hope it doesn't take longer than necessary for them to reach actual combat.
Good work so far.
Sergeant Sargent II chapter 32 . 1/25
Awesome. I love it.

Sorry I didn't review more in the middle, I got caught up in the story.

I love that gas station guy mad the cut!

Chimera are great characters. Victorya is my favorite. I think I'm in love. Lol, she'd tear me in half.

The plot thickens. Im curious to see how all of this plays out.

On that note, allow me too clarify:
Now to start reading the sequel. Keep up the awesome work!
Yeah, she might be hard to reach. Curious to see how you write her.

Black coat. .. director?
"Not kidnapped" lol.

That's a little better than I was expecting. Not quite as bad as the twos. Though, what would black coat have done otherwise I wonder?
Favorite line: they're bored.

I'm on Damien s side with this... he's less experienced, but he's protecting his team too in my view. Just from a different enemy.

Reading eagerly on...
I like this lady.

Mixed feelings about the director, reserving judgment. Knowing how oni generally is portrayed, I can see his intentions being less humane than he's suggesting. ..

Eric is fun. Eager to see more of him. I want to see how he interacts wirth chimera. Pardon if I missed a detail, but is he a spartan II or III? The twos were arguably brainwashed, the threes not so much. This would have a substantial impact on his interactions with chimera, as their brain washing has failed thus far. I'm eager to read more.

As for chimera, I love them already.
Zakeraz chapter 32 . 9/20/2015
This was quite a riveting and gripping story. Greatly enjoyed the suspense, character building, and intrigue. You have me hooked for the next story but I'm confused on a few things. In the combat chapters, I don't understand what some of the acronyms are. I figure AT refers to artillery but couldn't figure out what AP meant. Armor Piercing machine guns maybe? Typos and errors were few and far between but noticeable when they appeared.
Mr. 125 chapter 32 . 8/29/2015
Paying my dues for a story you've undoubtedly labored over, as all are.

One thing that stands out that I maybe have or haven't said about your other work, is a remarkable consistency across all three stories. Not to say there aren't any developments in style, but for a story you've written over a number of years, it flows so goddamn well. I can only chalk that up to your tight scripting. I have the impression you have very specific plot beats to hit, and everything builds up to its climax with precision. The suspense and pacing in this one is perfect. You know when to hold back and when not to. The fact that you've got the amount of chapters you have and none of them feel samey or old ground is astounding to me. Again they're building towards a conclusion without, I feel, meandering.

But you do have digressions that I really, really appreciate. It's a different texture again from Enemy, the warzones of Rising, and something I'm seeing resurface a little in Rogue. And once more I feel like these interludes were paced so deliberately they hit at all the right moments. Little variations above and below the melody line that makes the whole thing all the richer.

As a lore junkie (at times) I love that there is this history that runs throughout the whole 'verse. It's made possible, I think, because your world feels so established. I don't read it like you're coming up with everything on the spot, but rather that you're reaching back and dropping a tome into my lap, like the existence of everything that's happened has been validated by common knowledge and careful research.

Great cast of characters you took your time with, crafting. They already feel like television characters you've come home to for the last seven years, old friends by this point. You already know how I feel about seeing familiar faces popping up. That there is the rest of the trilogy to come gives me a feeling of pure satisfaction, because I just bet everything - Rogue, Chimaera 3 - is already pinned to a corkboard somewhere with yards of string.

I know people want to experience the story as it drops, but buddy I'd kill to take a peek at one of your outlines, even if it's just in your head.

Thanks for this. It was a good one! Few other stories combine such sweeping, thought out settings with politics, history, sociology, and your particular brand of hard action. That's another epic you can put on your shelf and call a day. See you on the next.
anon chapter 32 . 7/9/2015
Humblescribe chapter 32 . 7/3/2015
And so another story comes to its end!

I've been following this fic from near its start and I'm sorry for not posting a review with each chapter. But it's not too late, and I want to say that the scope, the military tech-speak, and the Tom-Clancy-like individual snapshots in the midst of the whole battle is

In fact, Chimera is the least interesting story, and that's including all the action they get and the fear they inspire; the Marines need some love too!

Thank you for your work and time, and I look forward to the sequel or your next piece!
Commissar Critical chapter 32 . 7/1/2015
Hmmmm. Very interesting. Caught my interest, again.
Guest chapter 32 . 6/30/2015
I like this peice of artwork alot. I hope to read another chapted soon
pyrotorch246 chapter 32 . 6/30/2015
Recorded by Anansi Sees You ONI? Good name for an eavesdropping program.