Reviews for Halo: Chimera Rising
Zakeraz chapter 32 . 9/20
This was quite a riveting and gripping story. Greatly enjoyed the suspense, character building, and intrigue. You have me hooked for the next story but I'm confused on a few things. In the combat chapters, I don't understand what some of the acronyms are. I figure AT refers to artillery but couldn't figure out what AP meant. Armor Piercing machine guns maybe? Typos and errors were few and far between but noticeable when they appeared.
Mr. 125 chapter 32 . 8/29
Paying my dues for a story you've undoubtedly labored over, as all are.

One thing that stands out that I maybe have or haven't said about your other work, is a remarkable consistency across all three stories. Not to say there aren't any developments in style, but for a story you've written over a number of years, it flows so goddamn well. I can only chalk that up to your tight scripting. I have the impression you have very specific plot beats to hit, and everything builds up to its climax with precision. The suspense and pacing in this one is perfect. You know when to hold back and when not to. The fact that you've got the amount of chapters you have and none of them feel samey or old ground is astounding to me. Again they're building towards a conclusion without, I feel, meandering.

But you do have digressions that I really, really appreciate. It's a different texture again from Enemy, the warzones of Rising, and something I'm seeing resurface a little in Rogue. And once more I feel like these interludes were paced so deliberately they hit at all the right moments. Little variations above and below the melody line that makes the whole thing all the richer.

As a lore junkie (at times) I love that there is this history that runs throughout the whole 'verse. It's made possible, I think, because your world feels so established. I don't read it like you're coming up with everything on the spot, but rather that you're reaching back and dropping a tome into my lap, like the existence of everything that's happened has been validated by common knowledge and careful research.

Great cast of characters you took your time with, crafting. They already feel like television characters you've come home to for the last seven years, old friends by this point. You already know how I feel about seeing familiar faces popping up. That there is the rest of the trilogy to come gives me a feeling of pure satisfaction, because I just bet everything - Rogue, Chimaera 3 - is already pinned to a corkboard somewhere with yards of string.

I know people want to experience the story as it drops, but buddy I'd kill to take a peek at one of your outlines, even if it's just in your head.

Thanks for this. It was a good one! Few other stories combine such sweeping, thought out settings with politics, history, sociology, and your particular brand of hard action. That's another epic you can put on your shelf and call a day. See you on the next.
anon chapter 32 . 7/9
Humblescribe chapter 32 . 7/3
And so another story comes to its end!

I've been following this fic from near its start and I'm sorry for not posting a review with each chapter. But it's not too late, and I want to say that the scope, the military tech-speak, and the Tom-Clancy-like individual snapshots in the midst of the whole battle is

In fact, Chimera is the least interesting story, and that's including all the action they get and the fear they inspire; the Marines need some love too!

Thank you for your work and time, and I look forward to the sequel or your next piece!
Commissar Critical chapter 32 . 7/1
Hmmmm. Very interesting. Caught my interest, again.
I like this peice of artwork alot. I hope to read another chapted soon
pyrotorch246 chapter 32 . 6/30
Recorded by Anansi Sees You ONI? Good name for an eavesdropping program.

What do you mean it's over?

Can we expect a equal sometime soon?
lynda.key1 chapter 32 . 6/29
Wow he pulled it off. I hope that's not the end of Chimera! Thank you again for continuing and finishing this story. I'll look forward to your next.
cannonfodder43 chapter 32 . 6/29
This is getting really beginning to turn into what appears to be a large conspiracy against Chimera. I am liking it and will be waiting for more in your next story.
lynda.key1 chapter 31 . 6/7
Absolutely amazing chapter!
Rory chapter 31 . 6/5
Truly a glorious writing. My only wish is I would love to see more, but I suppose greatness must not be rushed.
cannonfodder43 chapter 31 . 6/4
I clapped out loud when I saw that the chapter was up. Proceeded to let my jaw drop to the floor at your descriptions of what happened when the city was destroyed. Rest In Peace Luke. Other than what I believe to be a typo regarding the date of "March 2015" which I believe you mean 2555. I may be wrong but it sticks out.

I cannot wait for more and the conclusion. :)
Commissar Critical chapter 30 . 5/26
Damn. Harsh.
Commissar Critical chapter 3 . 5/26
Highly unlikely scenario. The indoctrination comes faar before the augmentation.