Reviews for Midwinter
kiwihipp chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Wow! That was one very sad piece of writing but I think it is one of those times that Edward had to experience, to make him the person he is to become later.
ohtobeyoung chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
I like this and would love to see it continue.
k1942 chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Such a sad, lonely time of year, when your family isn't together at Christmas. Human or vampire, love of family is everything good.
Raum chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Wonderful, brilliant, moving... I have no words to say how much I appreciated it!

CONGRATS,

Raum
beckystrawberry chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
This is very good! It's difficult to find well-written stories of Edward's darker periods. Please continue, I really loved it.
Mackenzie L chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
This is so beautiful! These characters have such wonderful sensitivity in this time that you've written about and you bring it forth so wonderfully in your writing. Thank you. :)
InspiredByLemons chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Dearest WoodLily,

I read this yesterday and have to tell you how wonderful I find your writing. You have such a way with words...

This is an excellent vignette - I was transported to a cold winter's night many many years ago. The love between Carlisle, Esme and Edward seems so tragic...

Off to make a start on Fox Fire now :-)

CC x
Wont2nach chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Oh wow, really enjoyed this. The love of parents shines through. Tortured Edward pines for his parents. Definitely looking forward to some of these vignettes.
Shamatt0403 chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
I like this very much.
robsjenn chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
liked this a lot - would be worth expanding, i think.

i also am fascinated by edward's solitary year. i actually love thinking about edward's isolation and loneliness in the decades he spent as the odd man out. pretty much i'm fascinated by anything edward does. like you, he's what keeps me hooked on twi.

have you read Da Capo by Giselle-LX? it's a short novella on edward's time away and his return, and its effects on esme and carlisle. it's especially good because of how well-drawn esme's character is.

i'm a new reader - have had Fox Fire on my list to read for a while and heading there next - so glad i found your work, as i crave vamp/AU and it seems there isn't enough of it among the tens of thousands of twi fanfics!

thanks for writing and cheers,

jenn
favludo chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Ive been away in the North Island for Christmas and New Years, staying up in Mahia Beach and then in Auckland city. Stunning, amazing and sooooo warm and sunny. And now Im back home in dols, rainy and still earthquake riddled Christchurch, sigh. The upside is that now I have internet access again, and just now I was able to read this beautiful one shot of yours. I love the way you write because you make words come alive so much that I can see what you are saying. Thanks for posting :)
Just4Me chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Beautifully done. I hope you do more. Edward needs to go home.
Malianani chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Thank you for this Christmas story! It is achingly wonderful. I must admit, I identified with Doris (especially when it comes to boring sermons! LOL). The sadness you paint in each of the characters is moving, but I will admit to being moved the most by the almost "shadow sadness" you create in Edward. I appreciate how we see Edward from a stranger's perspective-so lost, alone, out of place. . .even clothes don't fit. I am moved by the way you show us Edward's humanity-he's still got a tenuous grasp on it, enough to spare Doris as he connects her to memories of his human family. I'm looking forward to more of your stories that take place during Edward's "avenging angel" years.
loveaprettyboy chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Hello, this was great. I do enjoy your atmospheric writing. It was terribly sad and poignant, and I think you should consider adding more chapters. Beautiful. Well done! Looking forward to more Fox Fire in the future!
ronjon chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Mmmm! I think I'm going to like it here. I just wrapped it around me like a comfortable, old coat. I'll be looking for the updates. But don't get sidetracked from FoxFire. Both are now on Story Alert!