Reviews for Roast Rabbit Pieces On All Sides
MadCatta chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Ugh second thing of yours I've read and they're just fantastic.
frostfalcon chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Just found this one today and I have to say I want to shoot John and cuddle poor Dean. Thanks for sharing!
NongPradu chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
Oh hon. I just discovered this now and had to fight back the bawling fit that wanted to erupt. This is so very sad, mostly because I can actually see something like this happening. John was such a stubborn jerk sometimes, even from the tiny bits of him that we saw. (It speaks volumes, IMO, that when he's angry with Sam in "Dead Man's Blood" that he decides to take an unnecessary swipe at Dean about the state of the car.)

And poor Dean... He's such a tragic little hero, even at that age. I don't think I've ever seen such a compelling character as Dean Winchester, and you've got him nailed in this story.
wandamarie chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
wow it was a good one but John could of explain it better to Dean then he did good work
the-ear-that-isn't-there chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
I hesitate to say nice job, because though this was a great story - strong characterisation, well written - you're totally right about making you feel a bit sick. In a good way. Or maybe not. Oh god, I don't know.

I'm ashamed to say I am one of the many that get's far too much enjoyment out of abusive John stories (when Dean is the target, but I'm a Deangirl, so sue me). And this was one of the cruellest punishments out there; horrific without actually being 'abusive' per say. And you can totally see canon John doing this to Dean, just to prove a point. For those reasons, it was so much for effective than most of the other abusive fics I've read.

So, really, great job. Keep it up!

I'm going to go throw up now.
Drayconette chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Oh my gosh.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Aww poor bunny! John is so mean u.u

I wouldn't eat it and would make John stick it were the sun doesn't shine xD Then again, I'm not a kid and I'm certainly not Dean Winchester lol I think he know better than go against his father's crazy orders.

Well, see you later

Rosetta
Liannabob chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Ooooh, I feel bad for liking this story as much as I do. The Dean/Sam dynamic was perfectly in-character, and I found it really easy to picture John doing that kind of horrible emotional damage to Dean out of his misguided, stubborn drive to teach obedience. The series shows a lot of the 'effect' of John's upbringing, and this was a believable 'cause.' Very well written - thank you for sharing!
sylia91 chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
I have definitely always had issues with John Winchester's parenting. So no complaints about how you portrayed him here. This also nicely explains why Dean's fondness for rabbits.
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
I think John here is too harsh. And Jim is awfully weak; John here is bullying the man in his own house. But the point about what the kids are being taught about not getting attached to things is effective.

I've read all your stuff here now. I hope you'll be writing more! (I just got into Supernatural a few months ago and have finally reached Season Five disc 4 via Netflix. I know what's coming - just haven't seen it all.)

I guess I'll have to go do some work now. Shucks.
anonimo chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
the point is got, good story,although it make me sick.
Blume chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Oh My God!

ok, frist, congratulations for such a nice story in Xmas time!

style is pretty good and I love th efact it's from Pastor Jim's POV.

Now on to the actual content:

for hald the fic I was expecting somethign funny to happen.. dunno why.. I think I even cackled at Jim's suggestion to "just take the other one"

but then, sweet Jesus! all I could think for the rest of the fic was me yelling at John "Oh my God, you're a horrible father!" what kind of sich wacko does that to their kids? on Xmas? and if Bruce was to be eaten "YOU finish your own damn plate!"

...ok, ok.. I get the whole angst adn devastation and need to make sure his boys survive past their 18 bdays, but still...

anyway! thansk for the fic, and I hope to read more from you this yeear!

moira4eku chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
How terribly sad. It could explain why adult Dean gets so upset when witches butcher bunnies. And why he doesn't make long range involvements with people outside the family. Thanks for the story. John truly was a SOB here.
astafir chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Yes, that story really makes you feel sick.. But it's good! Poor Dean! Poor rabbit... John... he was so wrong sometimes! This story just another proof of this fact!
Zyanya chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Poor boy, I know that John can be so mean...now I am sad, but it was great, really...Good job!