Reviews for Adams' Greatest Contribution
LampofTwilight chapter 2 . 4/29
I laughed so hard at this. Not only is it interesting, but it's also hilariously witty and sharp. Keep writing like this, please do.
Barbossa'sGirl3 chapter 2 . 8/17/2013
I love this story! :D
Guest chapter 2 . 6/2/2013
Congress cannot do without a John Adams.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 7/24/2012
"Now we actually are at war," Wilson pointed out.

-Now, isn't that an interesting concession? And I suspect it isn't one that anyone would have made if Adams were still trumpeting, day in and day out. Even in this chapter Mr. Adams has learned a great deal about his fellow delegates that he never would have known otherwise.

Plus, all he has to do is to gently murmur something about a wager, and nobody would bug him.

I can't say I really blame Hopkins about the rum. If Mr. Adams could somehow transport the contents of a New England icehouse down there, sawdust and all, they'd elect him King.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Falls over laughing.

But John is learning a lot just by listening. Even if he doesn't think so.

Ok, he's got scars on his tongue...
KrnYong chapter 2 . 10/3/2011
Wonderful characterizations, and hilarious dialogue. Adams' thoughts are so sarcastic and blunt, as he always is; i love it.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 2 . 7/14/2011
Hilarious! So funny. Loved it. Faving. Now if only I could type in complete sentences...
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Very in character and highly entertaining. I'm rather enjoying this. :)
Brenda Shaffer-Shiring chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Delightful! 1776 has been a favorite of mine for decades, and this is a marvelous fanfic for it, light, deft, and beautifully in character. And oh so FUNNY - my husband, in the next room, kept asking what I was laughing about. My favorite bits were when Hopkins spilled a few drops of rum down Jefferson's neck to get his attention, and when Morris said that he had thought "Every. Single. Day," about defecting to New Jersey and becoming THEIR representatives.

Thanks for the laughs!
princessozmaofoz chapter 2 . 7/4/2011
I absolutely loved it. Especially Rutledge talking about his wardrobe and throwing the word "gentleman" into every conversation.

Poor Wilson. Just when he thought he had found a friend in Hewes, the NC representive blows him off for Rutledge.

I also enjoyed Morris's and Livingston's interactions.

Great job and Happy Independence Day!
Tabbyprincess chapter 2 . 5/25/2011
/Cackles/ Poor John...he's so obnoxious and disliked that he's lovable! You've done a great job with this story, I love it! _
Rosalind1776 chapter 2 . 1/16/2011
I'm not sure what my favorite part of this story is. I mean, first off, it's a 1776 fanfic, which is very rare anyway. And then the characters are so well-done and the dialogue is so sharp (Rutledge working "gentlemanly" into every sentence amused me *far* too much)...but "who says [I] have to pick one reaction?" ;) Anyway, great work!
onelilmonkey chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
my grandpa was the actor who played Franklin on broadway(No joke he was!). he would of loved these kind of stories and i do too. thanks for posting :)
Zone-Blitz chapter 2 . 1/8/2011
I love Adam's character in this one. You did an excellent job writting it. You can feel Adams getting frustrated.
Soraya the All Speaker chapter 2 . 1/7/2011