Reviews for Gambling Man
ghosthead8503 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Maverick this boy ain't.
sugarapplesweet chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Ha! I think it was worth the wait... if only because all the drinking makes me think more of New Year's Eve than Christmas. XD

It's been a while since I've seen a fun-loving drunk Karen instead of the usual drunken "whore" image, so I have to say it's a nice change. Reminds me of how fun it can be to be around those kind of folks.

Happy New Year to you!

Peace and Love
SweetieLove chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Definitely worth the wait, Scarlet. It was really easy on the eyes and you portrayed them perfectly with a great blend of humor in it. :)

Happy Holidays
Shimmerleaf chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
I thought this was good and well worth the wait. Although it was short, the whole thing was very well written.

Have a happy holiday!
xXLittle Rose AngelXx chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Well, I thought it was worth the wait. Very well written, even though it was short. Easy to follow and easy to enjoy. I'm glad you finished, even if you were just a little late.

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas, and have a Happy New Year.
DoubleKK chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
I dont even care that this is late. You brought me the first great Jack x Karen I've read in years, and that I thank you for. As I said in the forum, I totally understand that life gets in the way sometimes. You captured Karen's personality perfectly, and I loved Jack's sort of quiet, pondering quirks. I think it was indeed worth the wait.

Love it!

KK
LillyMeg-x-xlol chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
totally worth the wait :)
EwanChaos44 chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Hahaha Karen is so funny. It would be like her to swindle the farmer into poker and such. She'd definitely do well in the city, seeing as she wants to go there so much.

Annnddd her drunkness reminded me of her proper drunkness in the actual game. You did this pretty good for not actually owning the game. Good job!
SasukeBlade chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
I loved it. Karen's kind of the Queen of Clubs, huh? Not exactly subtle, though Jack still doesn't get it.

Good job! I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping you'll return and write more.
OffCenterFold chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
I'd say it's worth it! It's light and sweet, a bit like Manischewitz. n_ Personally, I'm a Mineral Town Girl at heart but seems to me that you capture the essence quite well.