Reviews for Taken
Mel72000 chapter 5 . 1/8/2011
Thank you for this great chapter, I love it !

But, I have a question : in the chapter three, in the room where Conan is prisonned, you discribed two computers... It isn't dangerous for the Organisation to let an ennemy stay near a computer ? If Conan is locked to the table by the chain, He can access to this computer and to find elements to escape, no ?

Sorry for spelling or grammar mistakes, but I am french and not very gifted with Sheakespeare's language...

I wait impatiently to read the next chapter !
MiaHarpy chapter 4 . 1/7/2011
This is a good story so far! I like it _. But I want to say a few things. But even with these 'bone to pick' sort of statements, I still like the story.

1. Gin HAS seen Conan. In Season 14, Ep 425. Gin ordered to kill both Kogoro and Conan. He wasn't that far away because he and the other BO members could hear Conan and Kogoro's conversation. The fact that Conan is related to "the great sleeping detective" would make Gin remember him even more.

2. BO members should be smart enough to check all equipment that their captive would have.. Bugs, transmitters, radios, etc. before letting that person into the headquarters.

3. This bugs me the most, if the cuffs had chains or anything attached to the metal table, Conan shouldn't be able to reach his badge. The reasons are 1. Conan usually put his badge in his front pocket of his shirt/jacket. 2. If the length of the chain was a 'fit all' size then being a kid would make it be harder to reach while a adult can move easily. Of course, this can be altered if the chain length could be changed, but I doubt they'll have so anyone could sit up.

Sorry if this sounds harsh or anything. I'm a big Detective Conan fan so I end up noticing these things. Though, this is a great story and should be continued. _
Dragi chapter 4 . 1/7/2011
interesting start looking forward to read more
angelwingsonline chapter 4 . 1/6/2011
Ok, I'm sorry but there is NO WAY that Kaitou Kid would be bad with computers. Not only is he a teenageer in Japan, one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world (in fact, I'm pretty sure (90%) it's THE most advanced) where I'm sure they have computer classes just like we do in America, but as a thief he would absolutely NEED to know computers (and WELL) in order to do his job due to the VERY high use of technolocigical security systems (especially in places like museums and jewelry stores).

Oh, and I'm thinking Vermouth left a hairpin which supposedly can be used to pick the lock on handcuffs - though it'll be interesting to see how Conan would maneuver to make that work - maybe you could give a bit more description of the how he's tied/chained up? (ie how long are the 'chains' and how much can he maneuver).
angelwingsonline chapter 3 . 1/6/2011
"The Detective Boys to save the day!"

Gah...whenever they say that, it makes me want to turn and run they other way...-_-;

Also, did Irish just use regular handcuffs? Cuz if so that must be a really small table...
angelwingsonline chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Nice. I've always wanted to read something on this *reads other reviews* lol, and apparently so have alot of others.

But I noticed something that REALLY clashed with the facts of the movie: Irish had NO intention of revealing Conan's true identity to Gin. Rememember, Irish told Conan that the reason he's taking him back alive is to prove to the boss that Conan is Shinichi and thus to reveal that Gin majorly screwed up to get revenge for Gin killing Pisco. Even though he didn't TELL Gin in the end he gave him enough clues for Gin to figure it out which would ruin his plans - Gin would simply kill Conan/Shinichi (plus anyone close) to rectify his ealier mistake. He might also kill Irish to keep it quiet.

For now I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume you know this (it WAS a HUGE plotpoint of the movie after all) and have made appropriate changes to the plot.

Anyway...:P thanks for the story! First chapter's good. Now on to the second.
Kittychan H chapter 4 . 1/6/2011
Hmmm... I'm thinking Vermouth left him a present, lock pick or hairpin maybe? Well it would be nice, but she's not known for nice.

She may be pointing out something on the table tho, like the broken pin from his detective badge that was just snapped and then stomped underfoot. I must admit that I didn't have a clear picture of how he was chained to the table before but now I can imagine that he's on the table top, spread out like a human sacrifice, and chained by at least 3? but possibly all 4 limbs to the table legs beneath. (ouch, gonna have some cramping there when he gets loose...)

One thing I did disagree with is that Kaito does not know computers. He seems very proficient in the Magic Kaito special... However, that's on his modern computer out in the 'public' area of his home... the 'ancient white computer' in the room sounds like the old apple II my hubby had. Truly a dinosaur... it should crash any moment or when he tries to save. But, if he can answer complicated math problems while being chased with a mop he should be know when to cut his losses and just move to the better computer.

Speculating again...

I'm still not to sure how anyone is going to 'track' where Conan is, unless Haibara knows where the HQ is accessed... she may not, or she may have only known of the one entrance at her lab that was destroyed. But, even if Conan can get out, he's still in danger from Irish and anyone else curious about the 'kid' he brought in. My only thought on that is explosives make a nice distraction and get rid of so much evidence.
42-kami chapter 4 . 1/6/2011
I really like this idea you have taken from your mind and made a story of. Usually I don't review since others sum up what I want to say anyway. Just wanted to point out that the broken promise heiji scream about can be refered to in-movie at time 59:15.

Keep up the good work and do so in your own pace. We'll still be here, waiting for the next chapter )
Ally Marton chapter 4 . 1/6/2011
As for Vermouth, I'm thinking a hair pin, but I don't quite know how that would keep one's hair tidy (perhaps supressed from appearing untidy, but...) anyway! :D This chapter was in no way TOO LONG, in face, I fell it was TOO SHORT! XD No no, it was just the right length, I only wish I could read more! I hope your able to add more to it soon, I am totally in love with this plot!

~Ally
Ally Marton chapter 3 . 1/5/2011
Oh sure, like you REALLY need to ask politely for reviews, as if people aren't naturally COMPELLED by your writing to review. :) Really, I love this story so far, I want more, like, I really want more and I want to know what they heck is going to happen to Conan and how the heck everyone can save him! :"D Also, when the Detective Boys decided it was time to save their friend, I had a total, 'AWWWWW!' moment. That's the thing about how you write, most writings still hold the same general emotions even after you laspe to a different part of the story, but yours changed all around! The kiddos I felt the 'AW!', Ai I felt fear for, Heji nervous compassion (since he wants to save his friend), charmed wit with Kaito's discovery, and just a sadness for Ran. Oh, not to mention total suspense holding-me-by-the-throat intensity on Conan-ah, Kudo's part. :D Please write more soon, I'm so excited for this story!

~Ally
Ally Marton chapter 2 . 1/5/2011
This story is so stink'in good so far, AHHHH! This is personal preference and slight fantasy wishing here, but I TOTALLY want to see Heji and Kaito team up to rescue everyone's favorite and totally awesome detective, SAVE SHINICHI FROM THEM AND HURRY!
Ally Marton chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Continue, oh please continue. Oh, you did! Yay! :hurries to next chapter: :D I got an adrenaline rush reading this, not only from the memory of the movie, but the add-ins you put, it's brilliant! Can't wait to see it's outcome!
Akakata7 chapter 4 . 1/5/2011
I really like long chapters! If only you could update them fast too... -3- AWESOME CHAPTER! I liked how we switched from different points! I have no idea what Vemouth did. 3 Ooh! Is Ran figuring it out? I CANT WAIT! UPDATE PLEASE! Arigato~
Pu7o chapter 4 . 1/5/2011
Hm. The hair thing... I'm thinking it might have something to do with Kaitô Kid, since Kaito and Shin'ichi only differ by their hair, but I don't see how that'd help Conan in any way, so I dunno...
Myvampirepuppy chapter 4 . 1/5/2011
Yeah, this chapter length is pretty good. Please don't stop with this!
187 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »