Reviews for The Lesser of Two Evils
DaSalvatore chapter 2 . 8/10
From what I'm getting from the first two chapters, this isn't actually a Harry story. It's a Dawn-centric one where Dawn doesn't even understand her own brother.

This had solid potential but I think the concept of what Dawn and the story were to be about has muddled the actual telling of the story. It makes no sense for a younger sister of Harry to not know he hates his fame. Dawn is written as a younger sibling stuck on the outside of their famous older one without taking into account the reality of their lives mean.

Unless Dawn lived away from Harry (and then THAT'S a plot hole and a half), then she would know exactly how the Dursleys are ergo who the real Harry is. All the angst is therefore either forced just to follow a set path by the author or there hasn't been any real care in keeping consistency in the story itself.
Kim Creole chapter 4 . 4/9
Well, this is as far as I made it before I had to quit.

Dawn is an annoying brat.

Harry is a wimp who does dumb things for no reason other than the author NEEDS him to be dumb for some reason, and he won't defend himself from everyone who's picking on him.

Everyone else picks on Harry constantly over the least little thing, while ignoring the garbage Dawn pulls. Why Harry remains friends with any of them when all they can do is nitpick him to death is beyond me.

This is just frustrating to read.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 2 . 10/17/2017
So...not telling her about the wards is just really dumb on the face of it. It's weird when Ron is entirely in the right in an argument, but he is, here. I'm hoping there's some Buffy-related reason Harry won't tell her and he's not just being dumb for no reason.
agnar chapter 1 . 2/29/2016
Right, so Dawn will stop being a whiny little brat when? Because she sure as FUCK came off as a whiny little brat this chapter. You managed to capture a great deal of what makes me HATE her character.

Good job of putting it in chapter 1 at least, so I don't waste my time reading further.
Dramione311 chapter 10 . 7/20/2014
I love this story! Update soon 3 3 3
Dramione311 chapter 5 . 7/20/2014
Thank you for finally putting Draco in your story. More please!
Dramione311 chapter 2 . 7/20/2014
I love your story, but I hate Colin!
Dramione311 chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
WOW. Please make this Dramione!
TwotoTenth chapter 9 . 4/7/2014
I just finished reading Chapter 10, but I'm putting the review here anyway, because Chapter 9 was easily my favorite of the story so far, and one of my favorite chapters of any story I've read on this site in quite a long time.

I don't mean to gloss over Ron and Ginny's conversations with Dawn, or Neville taking the heat for Harry in front of the school, because I loved all of those things. But I do want to put a particular emphasis on the photo album (which I assume was the reason for Colin?) as being genuinely extraordinary work. That would have been an astonishing scene if it was just Harry's younger sister being given the same gift Hagrid gave Harry at the end of the first book of the series. But that was layered in with the immediately preceding revelation to Harry and Ron that nothing contained in those pages actually happened, which added an overarching melancholy to the sweetness - a devastating combination that actually had me shaking a little while reading.

And as though that wasn't more than enough (which it was), you topped it off by having Harry voluntarily resume his detested Occlumency lessons to keep Dawn safe, which was a jaw-dropping moment in its own right.

I've greatly enjoyed the rest of the story as well, particularly your careful plotting (for instance, your introduction of a specific First Year as a a mechanism to put Dawn and Neville on Draco's trail for his use of the RoR - at least I assume that's where we're headed) and the alarming origin story for the Dementors.

All of which leads up to something that I virtually never do in a review. The idea of demanding the next chapter of a story on this site strikes me as approaching reprehensible territory; the authors here are not compensated in any way for their work, and could be taken away from it by any number of real life situations that would be hugely more significant than my own desire to keep reading. But I will at least say that I earnestly hope you can summon the time and interest to continue your work here, because I would expect to thoroughly adore the results (especially because we seem to be approaching a meeting between one of my favorite not-necessarily-romantic crossover pairings in Harry and Buffy, which I'm sure you'd handle with aplomb).
reba chapter 10 . 2/4/2014
I am hooked. Amazing story. Great work!
reba chapter 2 . 2/4/2014
Loving the story. I am impressed with the idea and the qualty of the writing.
Seele Zeit chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Cassie... wasn't she the girl sent to Buffy in the councilor's office for suicidal thoughts, who turned out to be predicting her own death?
erica.phoenix16 chapter 10 . 12/10/2013
Buffy has come to Hogwarts!

Glory has teamed up with Voldemort!

Cassie here too, this is going to be good!
BlackRoseFire chapter 9 . 11/20/2013
Interesting story I can't wait to see what happens next.
Starfox5 chapter 9 . 8/6/2013
A very entertaining story. I do hope Buffy and co. will be involved soon, and I really hope the blood purists will be killed off by the jopined Forces of the scoobies and the Harry Potter gang before they start the muggle Holocaust.