Reviews for Zoids: Chaos Renewed
Requiem17 chapter 4 . 9/23/2015
Ah yes, all your name changes haha. First of all I thoroughly enjoyed the entire background on the Guardian Force headquarters and complex. What a huge amount of very interesting lore; I loved reading it. You do a great job blending in your introduction to a "new" character and the scenery while still keeping the story moving forward. Your scenes are so detailed, I'm jealous.

I wouldn't say much moved forward in the plot here, but you showed us Van's place in the world and brought back other players that (sound like) will be important to the rest of the story. It was a good way to get us set up for where everything is at. I don't know what NaNoWriMo is, but I wish you had continued the story :) Good luck in the future!
Guest chapter 3 . 9/23/2015
I think I still have an old review of this chapter up so this won't go through. I keep reading your story in two ways; the first purely for enjoyment, and the second as someone who has agonized over Zoids terminology for too long. I thought your battle scene was great, you gave a lot of detail especially about the Zoids and their weapons and armor. This impresses me a lot because a Zpid warrior would know those things, but as someone writing a scene I always had trouble deciding how much of that detail to include. Anyway, I like how yours came across, very detailed and exactly how a pilot like Raven would read the situation. I also enjoyed some of your inventions here, I thoroughly enjoyed your Zoids version of Barbados, and using the word "comm" which sounds slangy and much better than comm-link.

I had a good chuckle with this mysterious pilot and his troubles with his ungainly Gordos. Amazing that there was a complete character flip for him. I am still wondering who he is. You gave me a clue with the Zabel Fang but I don't remember enough of Guardian Force to be able to guess.

Also, I'm astonished Raven just randomly killed that guy. But it is a rebel city, they can't expect nice law-abiding policing forces. Again, I love the idea of the city, and it's firmly implanted in my head-canon now.
Requiem17 chapter 2 . 9/23/2015
Great tension in this chapter. At first I was wondering why Van hadn't figured out it was Ambient from the track marks, but then I see that he was just holding back for a minute. A lot of death and blood and guts to start everything off, and a known character dying! Nice job giving us that hint that Ambient and his mysterious partners were after something, and that there is some new master plan afoot, but never giving us an idea of what it is. I like being kept guessing.
Requiem17 chapter 1 . 9/23/2015
I just read your review and was so, so happy. You have made everything worth it for me. I was reading through your reviews to check what I'd already reviewed on and there were a surprising number of critiques. This prologue is a wonderful setup for the future. Raven's character is well established and leaves me wanting to hear more from his point of view, and the tone of the world is well described, it takes away that happy ending and gives us back realism in a great way. Looking forward to rereading and getting back into the Guardian Force characters
Guest chapter 4 . 12/22/2013
Awesome:) A zoids story that's actually well written and *not* romance. Thank you for sharing. Update soon?
xHypnoFish chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
I really like what you have in this fic, I hope you continue.

Also great job on keeping everyone in character! Looking foreword to the next chapter.
Requiem17 chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
Raven meets Ambient! Nice battle too, you obviously did some research because you included some details on these 'new' Zoids of the mysterious pilots. I'm interested to see who they are!
LuminiaAravis chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Ooh, an excellent beginning to what is sure to be a tantalizing story.

I like how you keep Raven's character sort of understated. Because he is, even though he's a total BAMF.
NeoAurora chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
I really enjoyed the prologue of this story, Gojiralee. The conversation between Van and Raven was very realistic and drew me in. And I LOVE Ambient, so you've got my attention. Well done!
Dildog The Penguin Rapist chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
I love this! Raven taking revenge that has waited waaaayyy toooo loooonnnngg. If you could work it in, I'd like to see Raven's eventual fight with Ambient to be brutal. You really captured the essence of each character. Please continue to write this.
theleeryone chapter 2 . 2/16/2012
Small problem with paragraph indentation. Will be fixed by Tuesday.
HeartlessNeoshadow chapter 3 . 2/17/2011
This was pretty good considering that it was written with writer's block in your head, and because you have that, there are some things I see you could have inserted. It's up to you if you want to add them or not.

"You've been promoted to full colonel, and Herman and Shubaltz are now major generals..."

I assume this should have caught Van's attention and made him mentally pause.

"...I am a member of the Guardian Force again."

Again, this was an out-of-nowhere thing that should have surprised Van.

These are just some things that I think would help. Like I said, inserting them in is your call. :)
Zoids Fanatic chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Well, I guess I should review.

Now, so far, I like the story. It has a nice setting (though you could describe some more). I do like how Ambient is alive, but man, did he half to be the villain? I like Ambient. (Ya, I'm a weird Zoids fan).

Now, one thing I noticed was that you have uneeded spaces, which seen to make the fic annoying.

Now, one thing I like is that Raven is not some annoying, emotional, somehow misunderstood twit (no offense though). Though maybe add more Reese in, and try to make Raven a bit less tense, seeing as he seems all tense and what not. (and I pray this won't become a yaoi between Van and Raven).

Still, I'm liking it, and hope it'll carry on.
Darkened-Storm chapter 2 . 12/31/2010
This story looks pretty good so far and it's written really well, no grammar or spelling mistakes that I saw. I'll add it to my watch list. You've kept the characters in character so far which is also good ] keep it up
HeartlessNeoshadow chapter 2 . 12/31/2010
I don't quite fully see how I "stole your idea" yet, but a hint of it is there, lol.

But anyway, this was also a good chapter that showed a strange change in Raven's personality. I really do wonder how he's seeing things. I'm also wondering what zoid was wreaking havoc on the town, since there are a lot of zoids equipped with cpcs.

However, despite the great readability here, I am noticing a couple of things that would greatly improve this: detail and the removing of unneeded spacing. I can see what you're trying to get the reader to think about in certain parts of this chapter, but I do think some fleshing out of the scenery and how the characters are interpreting things would help out a lot. It would just assist in providing imagery that is more vivid. As for the spacing, there were spots in this chapter where separated sentences could've been brought together. I'm particularly referring to the beginning.

Don't take my criticism to be in a negative sense, though. The plotline is looking very good, and it sounds even more interesting given that you've included the black box(es).

Keep up the good work and good luck! :)