Reviews for Timely Favours
Sienna Maiu chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
I'm amused, and for the most part this could still be considered canon-compliant.
I really enjoyed the interaction with Rory and The Doctor and the end too, seems pretty true to form and very funny.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
This is funny, but slightly disturbing now that we know Rory is River's dad.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
this must have been written before the whole River Song Melody Pond or this seems slightly incesty
Inkfire chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Finally getting around to reviewing this! (It must have been one of the first fics of yours I read…) I really loved this fic – the interaction between Rory and River was simply wonderful. Your Rory was so FRIGHTENED of her, and you really showed how intimidating she seemed to him, in her every remark and mannerism, lol. Her characterization was wonderful. I loved the way nurse!Rory kicked in, how he noticed right away that something was off and how professional he sounded afterwards, that was a true moment of epicness. Also died laughing at all the little details like the alien looking impatient despite his very ALIEN face, the poisoner having to look like Snape, River sounding so flippant about not being dead yet, her rambling about time travel being invented several times. Lovely idea ;) the idea of her not really controlling what she says anymore was also sheer brilliance. The huge potential in that, my god D I also died when the guards thought River was Rory's mistress. His reaction was so hilariously cute! And I died at River's escape, and then again at the Doctor's arrival. I died a lot. I'm turning centurion, really. And it's all your fault. I loved this, anyway D
Sylva Dax chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Excellent storytelling. Your characters were spot on.
AllyrienDM chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Ha! I laughed so much when the Doctor showed up. Poor Rory.
Serenely crazed chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Oh, I did enjoy this. Loads. Rory and river are sometimes the best. And uninhibited river is indeed dangerous! An intriguing idea
TomorrowNeverCame chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Oh god that was hilarious!
Fran Kirby chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Most in-depth and interesting River and Rory story I've read yet-I love seeing their relationship, and you have her voice down pat.
bbb136 chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Ahahaha. Magic, this, the ending was great. I just love the nochalance of the doctor in this.
irishcanary chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
ooh this was fantastic :)
Madi chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Absolutely excellent. The dialogue flows nicely, and seems to match up very well with the characters they are supposed to embody. (Except, MAYBE, the Doctor at the end.)

It was laugh out loud funny, and really played off of River's own quirks to really amp up the L.O.L factor. Even River's "kiss" (which is a little squick now that the sixth season has aired) seems to match perfectly with River's character, and is thusly hilarious.
eriphi chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
So brilliant. There isn't much more I'd like to say that isn't summed up in those two words, but I tend to talk too much, so cannot possibly leave it at that...

This is so wonderfully in character for both Rory and River. The relationship between them is so interesting that I do hope the show explores it further, but I have this to help satisfy me before then. I love the first sentence - perfect. It sums up everything so well. Poor Rory just knows he's not going to get out of this unscathed. And no wonder he's nervous (again, another favourite line - the fact that River is the only person to make the Doctor jittery). Then he goes into professional mode when he realises something is wrong. Just what I would expect and written so well.

The whole setup is great, but I especially like your explanation for the Doctor and Amy's absence. It just feels right. And Timey-Wimey goodness with the bounty hunter.

Rory's excuses for River were perfectly in character. I could picture it beautifully. And his reaction to the "sudden smooshing together of faces" is just magic. It is also so typical of River.

And the ending. The Doctor ruffling Rory's hair. Ahhhh, bliss.

Thank you so much for the whole thing. And apologies for the rambling review (which is actually just me listing my favourite bits!) I'm so pleased I found the story.
Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
I'm grinning. This was brilliant - so Rory, and so River. (These two together are really quite something - I hope The Moff gives us more sometime!)

Faving! Great work! :)