Reviews for Goodnight Saigon
Kara-Meir chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
Loved the story. An in depth story about Torfan and Shepard you don't usually find. Would love to find out how Shepard escaped desk hell.
Partsu chapter 3 . 8/31/2012
ho! this is good!
Costin chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
This is a very solid piece of fiction here. The vast majority of stories where Shepard destroys the Collector Base are written from the perspective of someone who doesn't know jack shit about war.

But this perspective is very solid. I assume you are military. Been reading some of your fanfictions, quite enjoyable. Keep up the good work.

Have you considered a novelization of ME2?
ShadowCub chapter 3 . 8/17/2011
Sequel!
Nightbrainzz chapter 3 . 8/2/2011
HELL YEAH FOR THE SEQUEL! Great way to relay that particular story, hope you'll post the sequel in the near future!
MassEffectAdict chapter 3 . 6/3/2011
Hell yes, I demand a sequel! This was an interesting and unique writing style that I enjoyed for many reasons, but mostly because it seemed to give the story a more epic feeling because the story of Torfan was just being retold, and Shepard was able to provide commentary of what happened in the future as things were happening. I had trouble remembering the marine's name's, but that has less to do with your writing, and more to do with the fact that it is almost one o'clock here!
digijim95 chapter 3 . 3/31/2011
Yes. Very much so, please do a sequel this was great, and I will be reading the other stories you wrote as well, I read one of them and really liked it then read: 'Joker's List' and almost literally lmao! That was great, so even if you expanded on that, maybe did a series of one-shots about times he does things on the list, also, love the femshepxtalixmiranda thing ;)
RayneEthelwulf chapter 3 . 1/27/2011
I'm hooked. Possible TIM/shep romance later, huh? huh? Or hackett/femshep? Can't help but ask...no one is writing them, would be interesting to see what magic your brain would come up with. This story...awesome!
Breitve chapter 3 . 1/24/2011
If you wish to share the fruits of your muses labours with us, my advice is basically: "you totally should"

your stories are really quite good
Commander Kurt chapter 3 . 1/24/2011
See, this is even better. And I'd like to read more about Taylor, period. If it's her escaping a desk that's fine by me, you write what comes to you.
TeamSixOhTwo chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Me like! It's extremely well done, and it's a perfect mouthwash for that f*cking failfic called 'Subject 23' by that miserable, raging little 11 year old wannabe troll. By the way, I agree with your reply. Actually, yours wasn't a rant; it was too nice to be one. Learn to turn the selector switch from 'safe' to 'full auto' and just hammer the trigger and don't let up. Anyways, back to topic.

The premise has been used before, but you bring a fresh twist to it, and you execute it well. Keep writing, I'm tuned in for this.

P.S. I've already aired eezoman's dirty laundry(the stuff in the rage PM he sent to me) on that review page, so you can go there and know what he thinks, and thus troll him on it. Opportunity my man, opportunity!
Herderp chapter 3 . 1/6/2011
Haha, well actually, I'm really surprised your Renegade Shepard didn't take the glory for herself. I understand honor and all, but weighing the options, it looked like taking Wallace's offer would have been better for the long run. She must have really had a connection with Kyle to turn that down.

I really liked the court room/military dialogue, even though I don't know what half of it means. Still, it sounds incredibly genuine. I'm not sure if I like Wallace. He seemed like a good guy for the most part, but not his whole "every war has a scapegoat" part. It looked like he was looking for the best interests in Shepard. To be honest, I actually found him to be the most interesting side character. Kyle and some of the other soldiers had interesting traits, but I just liked Wallace a lot.

The Illusive Man seemed pretty understanding in this story. Maybe it was because of Shepard's off-putting aggressive behavior? Psh, if she was talking to me like the way she was talking to TIM, I'd probably piss my pants.

Oh, and Ryan Reynolds. I wish I saw a bit more from both of them. The whole Reynolds sacrificing himself with a grenade was pretty intense. Just my opinion, I thought it was totally badass what he did. I always do like sacrifice scenes, since they're pretty emotional. I think if he and Shepard had a few more conversations, or moments indicating that they were close friends, it'd be more interesting. Then again, he -did- meet Shepard in chapter two, so I guess there couldn't have been too much development on their relationship. Still, pretty sad to see him go out with a bang.

Haha... go out with a bang...

As for how she got out of the office? To be honest - I thought it'd probably be the coolest ending to just leave it as a mystery. One of those things the reader never figures out, but he can make assumptions for what happens.

I love this story. I really do. I like your Shepard, your supporting cast, and your descriptions. If you ever plan on writing more fictions, I'd love to see you use Taylor. Any position she's put in, she'll be badass.

"You just shot yourself in both feet, your kneecaps, and both hands for good measure."

Not even sure that it's possible to shoot both your hands, but it's still awesome.

Thanks for writing this story. I'm glad I got to read it. :)
Keres Ihar chapter 3 . 1/6/2011
The couple sentences of the 'Ruthless' background seem to make Shepard a cold-hearted bastard, but that doesn't have to be the whole story and that's presented well here. Things aren't always as they seem - "Lies can be told with the truth, and the truth told with lies."

I do want to see how she got out of that desk position. Would be interesting.
Hewhoislost chapter 3 . 1/6/2011
Sheps no Back Office Bi***, you need to tell the story of how she got out man. Keep up the good work.
Janizary chapter 3 . 1/6/2011
Ah, omni-gel. I miss omni-gel sometimes.

"That's ironic, if you had offered me the job then, I would have taken it," Shepard shook her head. "Such is life."

- Great line. And one wonders how different the galaxy might have been had that happened. Maybe you could pitch that to Pepoluan as a possible story. It'd be right up his alley :D

"Story for another day,"

- Hell yes I want to hear that!