Reviews for Two Ships Passing
The Lonely Hunter chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I really enjoyed this piece. You've taken Gaiman's style and appropriated it well to explore a God we hadn't encountered in the book. I have to say that I like "Cora" almost as much as some of the other Gods in the book, which is to say you've characterized her very well indeed.

Thanks for the great bit of writing!
DoomKnight1of24 chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Very nice. Very Neil Gaiman. And in this case, it is meant as a compliment.
I had no idea they called Persephone Kore before. I knew Proserpina, but no more than that... and as far as I know, isn't she the goddess of spring, instead of winter?
But maybe that was just you taking some artistic freedom or whatever. Doesn't diminish the story in itself.
The story. Yes. I think you did a terrific job of capturing the philosophic, contemplative flair that American Gods possessed, which is very good. Not just because it brings the whole thing closer to the source material, which, in my opinion, can be vital for good fanfiction, but because it is an interesting style in itself.
The text feels very polished, so props to your Beta. I couldn't find any spelling or grammatical mistakes, which is always nice. Shows that the publisher actually cares about what he/she is putting out there, instead of just trying to scrape together reviews. (Speaking of which, it's downright criminal that this story has gotten so little attention. Which is probably mostly because not everyone knows the source material, but still.)
Oh, and I loved the closing sentence. (See what I'm doing there?)
Nutritional Zombie Snack chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I like your writing style, it's very close of that of the book. It was very enjoyable to read.
St. Vitus chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
I really enjoyed this story; it reads almost exactly as if Neil Gaiman himself wrote it. I've been wanting to read something else in the American Gods verse ever since I read Monarch, and this is almost just as good! If you've got any more AG fics, I'd love to read them.
TheSilverKey chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
I like the way you write :)

Good story (too bad it's just one chapter :() I'm now off to check if you've written any other stories :)

x
Sawdust And Color chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I enjoyed reading this. It was well-written and had the flavor of the novel. Thanks for sharing it!