Reviews for The Burdened
Helca Maica chapter 1 . 8/3/2015
Oh this was so beautiful! Officially my favourite story one of this pairing! And, finally, I was starting to believe I was the only one who saw McTavish as the more dominant of the two... Ghost is a really strong character, but all I see is an awesome but emotionally compromised char, and I cannot get out of my head several scenarios were, behind the scenes, Soap is the one keeping him together and the one where he can relax around. This story is exactly what I was looking for. I thank you for creating it and sharing it with us, making it possible for me to find it and read it!

Cheers!
Jenny-Poloni777 chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Adkjaldjlakjd The ending is so cute! I loved it! :DD
Raphaela-San chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Hey,

this is not only a really lovely and hot story. I must also thank you for the beautiful poem you brought my attention to. But don't worry your story was just as enjoyable. The pair as the fandom are quite interesting and I think you portrayed them very well. It was not too soft and not too hard. Just perfect.

Yours,
Raphaela
DeviWan chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
I really really enjoyed reading this. Thank you for writing and sharing with us. You've kept the characters in character and it was so well written that I could see it all happening! Kudos to you mate.
Snubel chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Well...!
I loved your fanfic, the way you let their relationship rise from nothing to this totally unique friendship and to their love...!
I really enjoyed it! :)
Lisbet Adair chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Yeah. I did really enjoy this.

You've struck a really good balance between developing characters that we can understand and feel for and the erotic scenes themselves, that's worked out really well.

I liked your version of Ghost: that he fitted in and was liked by everyone, because I think he can be a tough character to write. I'd be interested to know more about how MacTavish feels when he's developing feelings for Ghost. I assume that he's not gay identifying, so it would be nice to see him rationalise his feelings in his head, as it must be quite a leap for him.

I'd like to see the elements of domination and submission detatched from the anal sex, because that's quite cliched in slash between two characters who are not men who have sex with men: that the recipient is submissive because they've chosen to receive anal sex. That's not to say that it's not impossible that their pre-existing conceptions of the roles of receiving in sex should not play a part, because I think that these sort of values are not unlikely, it's just that they are ubiquitous. If you want to make the scene more powerful, I'd focus on exploring the domination theme through sex acts that aren't anal sex.

This aside, I think you've done a really good job with the fic, and I'm impressed with the characterisation.
0ptimuspenguin chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
THIS.

IT IS BEAUTEOUS.

MORE PLZ?
Hyarou chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
This was the third time I read this and it still keeps me captivated. The story telling is smooth and I liked how you wrote MacTavish's character.

My favourite parts were The Pit and The crowded vehicle ride.
anonymous chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
this story was so sweet and adorable. i absolutely loved it.
wt chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
fuck i love it
Sam chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
This... is bloody amazing. The best piece of CoD fanfiction I've ever read, and I've been scouring the internet plenty. The fact you take time to develop the relationship instead of jumping straight into smut brings a lot of depth, and brings a closeness to the characters many other writers forgo. Please keep up writing like this.
goose chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
awesome story! please continue. i wondered when someone would finally make an awesome story pairing of GHOST and SOAP! thanks and good job!
Anon chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Well written. The 'Chinese mafia' are triads, btw.
C chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
I really, really, realllllly enjoyed this! I hope you write more of this pairing :)
the follicle chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Oh fluffy, I love your smut. Call of Duty, hmm? A new one for you.

This one was a little slow to start, but when it got going-phew! *wipes forehead* I loved how real you made the situation. You didn't gloss over any of the gritty details, so it felt very raw and masculine. Kyaa! . I love the rawness! Write more!