Reviews for The CooperWinkle Vendetta
Interesting...
DawnMay chapter 12 . 4/4
O
DawnMay chapter 3 . 4/4
Thank you so much for publishing this story! Your insight of Sheldon is really accurate (at least to what I perceive). Great chapter! I like Katie.
DawnMay chapter 1 . 4/4
Oh my God...
Mislav chapter 22 . 5/31/2014
Being a busy person that I am, it took me few months to finish this story, but it was worth it. It was very well written and simply cool in a way that I can't quite explain. Your idea of Sheldon and Leslie sleeping together years before the pilot episode was very well done and believable and your way of tying your story plots to an actual episodes was excellently written, and Sheldon's and Leslie's character development was very natural and sweet, and yet you managed to keep all of Sheldon's funny character traits, which is quite difficult thing to do. And the glowing gold fish thing was so sweet and Sheldony! Great idea. It is hard to find a good written multi chapter fic about an unconventional pairing and I like The unusual pairings and I like Leslie so yay!
But please... a sequel? With wedding, children and everything? Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please :)xx.
And, at the end, some of my favorite parts:
Chapter 1
"Nothing is better than the laws of Physics, don't you agree? Physics is solid, disreputable facts that we can lean on in a world of doubt. If I could place String Theory among them, then we can all let her carry us through the next even bigger questions, the ones that will blind us and terrify us. She will be the constant to comfort us as humankind's understanding of this universe progresses even further into the wild and unknown. Mystery and possibility will shroud us, but she will be the same…It would be like looking into the face of what my mother calls God. I understand only one other thing in the world to be like that."

"What's that?" Leslie asked. He looked at her for the first time since beginning this unusual tangent and said simply, as if he were answering a simple division question, "Sex."

Heat filled her face and her stomach filled with butterflies. She accepted the offer happily, leaning in and kissing him squarely, firmly on the lips. She had heard plenty of lines before in her life since beginning college, but none of them had worked so easily—and certainly never on the first date. This one took the cake, even if String Theory was a dead end.

When Leslie pulled out of her kiss, Sheldon smirked at her, "Bazinga." He said and laughed.
Chapter 21

Moonpie,

Since when can't Dr. Sheldon Cooper do two things at once? I read your letter to Pawpaw, and he told me last night in my sleep what to say. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. You don't have to make room for her and science, because she's already moved in, sounds like. It only feels crowded because you're trying so hard to push her out the window, but it looks like she isn't going anywhere. Stop fighting it and everything will work out for itself. I promise.

I was praying I would live to see this day. I know you never were one to take God at face value; you're slow to trust and doing it blindly isn't an option (you get that from me) but what you've never had a whole lot of is faith in the Unknown. I know it must seem silly to you the way the rest of us can believe without proof, but sometimes the proof is that we believe.

You're working so hard to find the answers to this great big wonderful world, and when I think about what you'll teach us, you take my breath away, and I have something to tell you: Leslie will help you get there. Trust me, you figure out the math in your feelings for that girl, and you'll find what you're looking for because, remember, God is Love and Love is God. This next step in your life is the key to unlocking the secrets of the universe.

Just know that Love is easy, Marriage won't be. But if you let yourself trust in love, it'll you carry you through the rough patches, and help you take on the things you don't understand yet.

Forever and always,

Your loving Meemaw

P.S.

Here's my ring. Missy done thought she'd get it first, so you'll have to square it with her next time you see her, but it's yours if Leslie likes it.

Sheldon turned the envelope upside down, and an old silver ring encrusted with white opal dropped into his palm. It was heavy and looked so sad empty and alone. Sheldon stared at it. He'd never in his life seen it off his Meemaw's finger. He couldn't imagine what her frail hand looked like with just the plain wedding band on it.

Anything worth doing was worth doing right. Pawpaw used to tell his grandchildren that at least once a day during their stays with them. They would help him stack firewood and he would say it, they would help change a tire and he would say it. He taught Sheldon's big brother to drive the truck with Missy and Sheldon in the backseat and he said it every five minutes as George JR got the feel of a clutch. He would dip Meemaw in a kiss and say it. Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Leslie nearly had a heart attack—DAMMIT, HE WAS AWAKE?—but his sleep-slurred answer melted her heart, and suddenly, putting her feelings into words seemed so simple, so safe, yet unnecessary; Sheldon already knew them.
He did not have to put his feelings into words either. Rather than say he wanted to marry her, he had made love to her and had taken her reciprocating love to be the answer to an unspoken question that she had yet to even let herself think about. She did not know why it surprised her, when she thought about it. Working with him since the North Pole expedition had taught her what his arrogant self-promotions over the years had not; he did operate on a higher level than the rest of them. He could see answers to questions no one thought to ask yet.
Chapter 22
"OKAY, God, you win!" Leslie cried, lifting her head from his shoulder to look up at him.

"Darn tootin' I win." He said putting an arm around her and squeezing her. She laughed and kissed him. He kissed back; there was a clang of his spoon on the bowl in his lap as he dropped it to brush her cheek lightly before the kiss ended. Sheldon took his arm back and went back to his cereal. Leslie returned to resting with her head on his shoulder.

Penny turned wide eyes on Leonard, "Oh. My. Gawd!"

Leonard was smiling, and toasted his mug, "To true love."
One word, my friends: masterpiece.
trebeh chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
You did an amazing job with this story. There really are not enough stories with this pairing; would you ever consider writing another one?
HybridsRose chapter 22 . 9/1/2013
Yay! The story finally ends, and I have to say, it was fabulous! But I felt something was missing...perhaps a wedding, or more events or future children would be nice? Can you write a sequel to this!? I'd love it if you did! :D
HybridsRose chapter 21 . 9/1/2013
AWww, what a simply BEAUTIFUL ending!
HybridsRose chapter 20 . 9/1/2013
"What's your name, beautiful unspoiled American flower?" - Lol, such a Raj thing to say.
"I have several instances of you telling me, but all of them have the word dumbass in them." - xD That made me chuckle as I read it.

Oh this chapter was so good, the imagery and description and tone of Leslie's B-day party was awesome, I could totally imagine everything that was mentioned in it!
HybridsRose chapter 19 . 9/1/2013
Wow, the fight scene with Leslie, Penny and Vince was epic! It's funny how the characters acted in reverse order to a steorotypical battle. Instead of the girls attending the injured and the boys taking out the enemy it was the exact opposite! The nerdy scientists were taking care of Sheldon, and Penny and Leslie went all hardcore on Vince! I loved the detail where Leslie found a half can of soda and poured it in Vince's face xD Serves him right!

I also love this section of the dialogue:

"Hell no, he hasn't been hitting me." Leslie said, "He hit me once and I left him."

It's good that Leslie's got some backbone, and in common romances these days, that's hard to find. e.g Twilight

And I saw what you did with the chapter title! Great pun!

-XxTigerlilyxX
HybridsRose chapter 18 . 9/1/2013
Nice chapter! Just I noticed in the chapter title that it said 'chapter 19', though I think you got that mistaken because the last chapter was chapter 17, and this should be chapter 18. To change that just go to 'settings' 'publish' 'manage stories' 'click on this story' 'content chapters' and then you can change the chapter name by clicking the yellow pencil thingy.
HybridsRose chapter 17 . 9/1/2013
Haha, funny ending. It's nice that the rest of the gang take Leslie and Sheldon's development over the summer so well :)) And you know the line where Meemaw says someday she wishes to see Sheldon's grandchildren? I hope for that day too in this story!
HybridsRose chapter 16 . 9/1/2013
Lol, good end to the chapter. It kind of captured a happy scene which I'd imagine would be appropriate for a team of scientists who'd just spent three months in the freezing climate of antarctica doing research.

And after reading all the scientists dialogue for this chapter and the last, I have to say - I hate kripke's accent/impediment! It's soooo annoying!

Do you feel the same way as me? Was it troubling to write it or quite easy? Just some questions that I'm curious about.

-XxTigerlilyxX
HybridsRose chapter 15 . 9/1/2013
Interesting chapter. Although all Sheldon did was let Leslie read his prized comic books, which might not appear to be much in any other romance, I can tell this is a big step for him, and it's one of the many stepping stones in the Sheldon/Leslie romance this story is going to tell :)

I loved everything about this chapter, all the scenes flowed smoothly and my favourite part was the description in which Sheldor was written. I almost wish it was a real comic book and I could read it myself!
XxTigerlilyxX chapter 14 . 8/27/2013
Great chapter! (Sorry I just couldn't be bothered to log in my account)

I love how you mentioned Will Wheaton, and Penny, and also how Sheldon was thinking about Leslie when Leonard was talking about Amy. One mistake though: It's Amy Farrah Fowler, and she's a neruobiologist, not a botanist and bioengineer.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »