Reviews for People Will Say
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 14 . 6/12
I especially enjoyed chapter 13. You did a brilliant job depicting the legal distinctions and yet the way it wasn’t an actual court of law, so there was ambiguity in the application of the rules and in the process the review board followed, so the uncertainty provided a really nice level of tension. Cogley, Chris, and Gaila were a great insertion here. I acutely felt the frustrations of each of the characters, even Admiral Komack. It was interesting how the board threaded the needle with not formally censuring Spock, yet also demanding that he refrain from engaging in a relationship with Uhura while she is still a cadet. That feels right for the tensions in the situation. And I like how, as a result of going through this, Spock and Uhura are starting to realize that what they have with each other is more important to them than their careers. I just keep thinking of that moment in Into Darkness when everyone on the bridge suddenly realizes that they’re about to die at the hands of a rogue admiral with a vast ship designed to be a purely military vessel, and immediately Spock crosses the bridge to stand beside Uhura, who angles herself toward him, looking angry and on the verge of tears. They’re both silent and they barely touch, but the tableau fairly shouts: “we’re about to die, and I want to spend my last moments with you”, which is a choice that grows naturally out of the series of moments you’ve depicted in your universe. Lovely and consistent in feel. Well done!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 9 . 6/10
Excellent perspective on Andrea. She felt wholly consistent and entirely understandable, and yet totally wrong.

I’m really enjoying all the different ways the people around Spock and Uhura are easily able to see the truth about the two of them, even while the two of them believe they’re keeping their secret. I love the subtle, in-character ways you have them make each other (and me) smile. “Are you listening?” “Not with optimal efficiency.” LOL

I’m also enjoying fitting the puzzle pieces of your whole timeline together, recalling details of other stories that overlap in time with this one, knowing what’s coming, realizing how the (unspoken here) past is influencing the future. The other thing I really enjoy about your universe is that it is easier to fit it with all the little details we learn from canon. Some of the other great Spock/Uhura stories, as much as I enjoy them, hinge on ignoring some small piece of canon to be able to accept them. This universe of yours is much more carefully constructed. :)
AliciaRoseFantasy chapter 14 . 2/23/2017
Hey, hey, good story :)
Inne chapter 12 . 12/14/2016
Congratulations! You write very good!
lol chapter 14 . 9/8/2016
Great story! Really really incredible! Chapeau!
Floraleona chapter 7 . 6/20/2016
Yooo, I have sound/color synesthesia too! Though it seems like Janna has emotion/color or aura reading synesthesia. Your descriptions are GOOD too.
tanseynz chapter 14 . 9/19/2015
I simply could not stop reading this. So incredibly powerful and emotional...
Thefinerthings73 chapter 9 . 4/25/2015
So dang good, I can't stop reading.
Thefinerthings73 chapter 5 . 4/25/2015
Love the story!
Auua Ytjoml chapter 14 . 3/8/2015
In interest of not unduly clogging my favorites list, in cases where I have enjoyed all of an author's work I favorite only one or two or maybe none of the stories and favorite the author instead. 'People will Say', however, is well above your usual work and almost undeserving of being on a "mere" fanfiction site.

What distinguished it most in my reading was the coupling of intensity with control; sexuality with reserve; love with fear. It portrayed love at its finest; a physical, mental, spiritual union of mutual desire and benefit. You did not succumb to embellishment or unnecessary metaphor as is often the case in fictionalizations of love.

Of course, as perfect as their love is portrayed here, it is more unlikely to occur in real life than many of the overly-romanticized stories in pulp-fiction. But that is in no way your fault and I would prefer, a dozen times over, to read a single story like yours, honed to perfection, than the mass of sludge that is regularly churned out for our consumption.

My only, only, complaint is the occasional error in spelling or grammar. Unless you are planning on submitting this for publication do not worry about it. These minor errors, nearly all typos, bother me as much as they do simply because they /are/ the only fault to find. In most other stories they would hardly register at all.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 2 . 3/7/2015
I found this chapter particularly enjoyable, above and beyond typical.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 1 . 3/7/2015
your use of pov and time jumps is, to put as Spock would say, adequate. In other words it is excellently executed in exactly the right quantity and proportions. Very enjoyable.
Angela chapter 14 . 12/21/2014
Why do this to Spock and Uhura? I hate this. :(
Squibble the WhovianBreadstick chapter 5 . 11/18/2014
Gotta love Vulcan jokes.

...actually, i'm not sure if he was joking...
asianchic510 chapter 10 . 11/12/2014
Spock's slip to his mother was so much fun, I was LOL. It makes me wish both women had gotten the chance to know each other, but I love the little bit you give us here. For someone so outwardly stoic, they both can read him like a book and I love how you can see little similarities. :)