Reviews for Amber Forest
Cova chapter 26 . 7/5
I love it! I'm so happy you did this chapter it was great!
petitefeeme chapter 26 . 6/23
Very nice epilogue, though now it makes me think of how a trip North to go see Hiko, Misao and everyone else would go. What would Hiko's reaction to the puppies be? Would Misao and Aoshi have little ones of their own? Would they meet Saito's pack? Would their travel be peaceful or would it be chaotic? With the pups and Sano, the latter seems more probable.
But I will respect the author's wishes. It's your story after all. The epilogue was a nice surprise and I will have to make do with it and my overflowing imagination.
You intrigue me with your promise of a new story in a different world. I will keep my eyes open.
skenshingumi chapter 26 . 6/11
This was a nice addition to the story although I really didn't feel it was too rushed before. Felt that this happy future was implied with the ending of your last chapter. This does put a nice bow on it though.

I look forward to your new story! I am glad your writing again.
Queen Emily the Diligent chapter 1 . 6/11
Yay! When I saw it, I did a double take bc you had said you weren't going to write an epilogue but I'm so very glad you yes the pups will call Hiko Grandpa and climb all over him.
srirachacha chapter 26 . 6/10
I got so excited when I saw that you updated this! I love everything about it so much! You have no idea how happy I am right now :)
Chixue chapter 26 . 6/10
I always loved the Baby Ever After Epilogue the best! So glad you came back and wrote an epilogue, even if you hadn't wanted to originally!
TricksterBoo chapter 26 . 6/10
It was a wonderful surprise to see this when I checked the fandom for an update! I'm so glad to see this finished like this; I had seen your artwork on DeviantArt and I'm glad you tied it into your story. It's the cherry on top for sure! Congratulations again for completing an excellent story.
66ButterflyOfDarkness99 chapter 25 . 6/8
Oh My God...I LOVED THIS. I just spent the WHOLE day reading this and it was SO worth it! I just had to check your deviantart account to see the drawings...cute cute cute cute and cute! Do you think you'll someday (maybe) write a sequel or an epilogue about them?
Guest chapter 3 . 7/1/2016
*Dramatical voice* "The first stars shone through the city gloom, as the sound of the puppy's curses filled the air."
Mangagirl4 chapter 25 . 6/23/2016
Just read this for the second time, and love every moment of it!
skenshingumi chapter 25 . 5/23/2015
Wow, what an ending! I've been away from my beloved fanfiction for almost 2 months so I had the final 3 chapters to get caught up on. I thought pairing Misao-Aoshi against Usui was a daring twist for the reason you cite in your AN re Aoshi's attack but I enjoyed how you had Miaso & Aoshi's work as dual kodachi. The Shishio-Kenshin fight was very good but It's the final chapter I really have to comment on. I loved that image of Kenshin howling over Shishio's body calling/hoping for his pack only to be missing the most important voice. A veritable one-two punch to Kenshin & the reader not to get complacent! Great action & exciting transition to a key villian. I loved the line about Kenshin coming prepared for war but not for vengeance. Kenshin's journey of discovery and acceptance cannot be complete until he faces this most personal pain. You did a brilliant twist in this with Kaoru actively engaged & each protecting the other. You walked a line here that most writers seem to miss. Kaoru isn't a second Kenshin but her support & help can turn the tide. The aftermath was sweet, well (and not over) done. Kaoru's hazy thoughts as she come to and tries to stay next to Kenshin are funny & keep the tone light. And of course, sweet job with both Kaoru's & Kenshin declarations of love. You brought a good story to an even better place with this last chapter. Congrats & thanks!
Ran chapter 25 . 5/12/2015
oh man, this is such a good ending! ive been followin this story for a while, and i gotta say, you do NOT disappoint oh maaannnn this is so good thanks for writing it!
Smilekuma4 chapter 25 . 4/27/2015
;-; I will miss this story but I really love the final fighting way! That you include Kaoru to standing up fight! Also I love how bit hint of Kaoru and kenshin romance during final chapter to each other. Since they don't really show affection much!

Aww I would like see story after they back home. But I respect your reasons! Good thing...you did draw kenshin & Kaoru's puppies! So I can be squeal about imagine their puppies.

I really like this plot that you did make kenshin characters turn into animal without shifted to human. If I could vote! I would give you 4.95 out of 5 star! The .5, because I would like see one more chapter.

P.s. It's my first long review so I hope it's not bother you! Just being a super fan to this story :D
Compucles chapter 25 . 4/23/2015
Well, an epilogue would've been nice, but this was still a fitting ending to this wonderful story. It's amazing how well you were able to translate the story of "Rurouni Kenshin" into a setting of (mostly) canine packs.
petitefeeme chapter 25 . 4/22/2015
I'll always come back to re-read your story with fond memories. The last fight was well written, and I was so glad to see Kaoru fight by Kenshin's sight.
Tokio made an appearance! Yay! She's deviantly clever, keeping Yahiko grounded.
I'm just...a bit disapointed, I admit, with how abruptly the chapter (and story) ended. I wouldn't have said no to an epilogue or sort, or even a bit more length in this chapter to see them reunited with Tsubame, Tae and even Katsu. But you're the author and it's your story.
I feel really nostalgic writing my last review, so I'll cut tshort (I hate lengthy goodbyes). Reading your story have been a pleasure, epecially with the shortness of wolf-kenshin fanfics. You actually inspired me to write my own wolf fic, though it will not be on Rurouni Kenshin (and it will take a long time to post, I don't like begining to post chapter before finishing the story and I have other fics that have priorities).
...okay perhaps in the end the goodbyes weren't that short...
Anyway, good last chapter, love your story.
Farewell.