Reviews for Amber Forest
*Dramatical voice* "The first stars shone through the city gloom, as the sound of the puppy's curses filled the air."
Mangagirl4 chapter 25 . 6/23
Just read this for the second time, and love every moment of it!
skenshingumi chapter 25 . 5/23/2015
Wow, what an ending! I've been away from my beloved fanfiction for almost 2 months so I had the final 3 chapters to get caught up on. I thought pairing Misao-Aoshi against Usui was a daring twist for the reason you cite in your AN re Aoshi's attack but I enjoyed how you had Miaso & Aoshi's work as dual kodachi. The Shishio-Kenshin fight was very good but It's the final chapter I really have to comment on. I loved that image of Kenshin howling over Shishio's body calling/hoping for his pack only to be missing the most important voice. A veritable one-two punch to Kenshin & the reader not to get complacent! Great action & exciting transition to a key villian. I loved the line about Kenshin coming prepared for war but not for vengeance. Kenshin's journey of discovery and acceptance cannot be complete until he faces this most personal pain. You did a brilliant twist in this with Kaoru actively engaged & each protecting the other. You walked a line here that most writers seem to miss. Kaoru isn't a second Kenshin but her support & help can turn the tide. The aftermath was sweet, well (and not over) done. Kaoru's hazy thoughts as she come to and tries to stay next to Kenshin are funny & keep the tone light. And of course, sweet job with both Kaoru's & Kenshin declarations of love. You brought a good story to an even better place with this last chapter. Congrats & thanks!
Ran chapter 25 . 5/12/2015
oh man, this is such a good ending! ive been followin this story for a while, and i gotta say, you do NOT disappoint oh maaannnn this is so good thanks for writing it!
Smilekuma4 chapter 25 . 4/27/2015
;-; I will miss this story but I really love the final fighting way! That you include Kaoru to standing up fight! Also I love how bit hint of Kaoru and kenshin romance during final chapter to each other. Since they don't really show affection much!

Aww I would like see story after they back home. But I respect your reasons! Good thing...you did draw kenshin & Kaoru's puppies! So I can be squeal about imagine their puppies.

I really like this plot that you did make kenshin characters turn into animal without shifted to human. If I could vote! I would give you 4.95 out of 5 star! The .5, because I would like see one more chapter.

P.s. It's my first long review so I hope it's not bother you! Just being a super fan to this story :D
Compucles chapter 25 . 4/23/2015
Well, an epilogue would've been nice, but this was still a fitting ending to this wonderful story. It's amazing how well you were able to translate the story of "Rurouni Kenshin" into a setting of (mostly) canine packs.
petitefeeme chapter 25 . 4/22/2015
I'll always come back to re-read your story with fond memories. The last fight was well written, and I was so glad to see Kaoru fight by Kenshin's sight.
Tokio made an appearance! Yay! She's deviantly clever, keeping Yahiko grounded.
I'm just...a bit disapointed, I admit, with how abruptly the chapter (and story) ended. I wouldn't have said no to an epilogue or sort, or even a bit more length in this chapter to see them reunited with Tsubame, Tae and even Katsu. But you're the author and it's your story.
I feel really nostalgic writing my last review, so I'll cut tshort (I hate lengthy goodbyes). Reading your story have been a pleasure, epecially with the shortness of wolf-kenshin fanfics. You actually inspired me to write my own wolf fic, though it will not be on Rurouni Kenshin (and it will take a long time to post, I don't like begining to post chapter before finishing the story and I have other fics that have priorities).
...okay perhaps in the end the goodbyes weren't that short...
Anyway, good last chapter, love your story.
Farewell.
Melime14 chapter 25 . 4/21/2015
Soooo good! Congrats on finishing! I am curious what exactly Hiko told Kenshin when they were parting.
Wind Dance Wolf chapter 25 . 4/21/2015
YAY!
UrmixMoonstone chapter 25 . 4/21/2015
Oh my god! I couldn't believe it ehen I saw the completed icon on the story! Oh my god. It was perfect and sweet and didn't have a damsel in distress Kaoru doing nothing. Yes. Yes. Holy hell yes!
Loved it. Absolutely. And loved the appearance of Saito's pack. I wonder what Hiko told Kenshin in the end- I can make a good guess though ;) and I absolutely wouldn't have minded any cheesy epilogues. In fact, I might insist on it. And I'm now rambling but it's just so awesome and perfect and amazing and perfect! Thank you for sharing such s good work with the rest of the RK fandom
Smilekuma4 chapter 24 . 4/14/2015
Ooh wow I don't see that come! I can't wait for next chapter! look like kaoru have to save herself since nobody her pack mate are near her!
madman42 chapter 24 . 3/20/2015
Awesome chapter! I love the fight scenes! More soon please!
petitefeeme chapter 24 . 3/10/2015
Oh my freaking gosh the shock!
I have to applaud, this plot twist is unexpected (like any good plot twist should). Only now I remember your drawings of him on deviantart and the discreet imply that he could be in the story.
This is bad. Yahiko is injured, Megumi is busy healing him and Sano has to stand guard over them. I think Hiko is too far and Kaoru and Kenshin are heavily injured...the suspence is unbearable. I do hope the next chapter will be coming soon and that no one is going to die. Is Kamatari going to do something?
Anyway, I was honoured to be included in your awards (I didn't peg myself as a sleuth, but I'm still pleased). So thanks! Until next chapter.
Wind Dance Wolf chapter 24 . 3/9/2015
Yay!
skenshingumi chapter 23 . 2/8/2015
Good chapter. I like the idea of Misao and Aoshi actually fighting together and I thought your choice of moves to bring Usui down was a good one. My favorite part, though was having Misao recognize herself as a survivor.

I am really looking forward to the ultimate fight between Kenshin and Shishio.