Reviews for Fighting To Survive
alejandra.vasquez.543908 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Loved it! :D
CelestialSonata7 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Aaaaaw that was so touching!
VoicesInTheWind chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Well said.

-Voices
Fish Stick Friday chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
So, are you sick of me yet? Just checking... :)

Right from the start, this kind of reminded me of another one of your stories, "Innocence Lost."

Reading about Logan getting beaten up by Brad was hard for me to read. Haha. I just thought of something. If this is hard for me, how am I going to manage to write a Logan torture hurt/comfort/angst fic?

Even I am not confrontational, aggressive, or a fighter, but I would like to make Brad pay for what he did to Logan.

That was pretty clever of Logan to give Brad the wrong answers. I just hate what happened to Logan as a result.

That's so awful that Brad can just get away with what he's doing to poor Logan.

Aww! I loved how protective of Logan Carlos was getting!

Woohoo! Cargan hug! You spoil me, Laura. Do you know that? I mean don't get me wrong. By all means, continue. There's no such thing as too much Cargan after all... ;)

That's horrible. Logan showed up early so he could change without anyone noticing his bruises.

And Ryan Mitchell is back to being a douche again, I see. Great...

I loved James' reaction when Logan said that his dad was away on business.

Aww, why couldn't Kendall, James, Carlos, and Logan be on one team while Brad and his goons be on the other?

Their coach seems pretty cool.

You just couldn't resist including Guilty James, could you?

Logan guesed three? I thought you hated the number three?

*gasp* Coach muttered a curse word? I guess that's equivalent to people's reaction were I to mutter a curse word.

That was pretty cool of Kendall to try to overcome his fear of blood so that he could be there for Logan.

I'm a horrible person. You want to know why? Because I thought this line, "He only succeeded in scaring the poor kid even more when he practically had a seizure trying to talk" was funny. I had seizure when I was younger too. I shouldn't find anything amusing about it at all. But I did.

"Look, he can still do math!" I think, like Kendall and Carlos, I rolled my eyes at James after he said that remark.

I love how James went to fight Jack, Brad, and Roy for hurting Logan! Bromance FTW!

I loved how Kendall, James, and Carlos stood defensively in front of Logan when Jack walked in.

Of course Logan forgives Jack. He's too forgiving of a guy not to. Besides, Jack was a victim too.

I do have to admit that it seemed kind of odd that Jack was bullied. Like you said, bullies pick on people smaller than them. Usually, people go after people they know they can beat, or at least THINK they can beat, so why go after someone the same size if not bigger than you? You have a better chance going after someone smaller than you. But, I mean if they were ganging up on Jack, then that changes things. I guess it's really a numbers game. If Jack was on the short end of the stick, then he was just as prone to bullying as Logan.

Huh. Look at that. Carlos is a poet and he didn't even know it. Okay. THAT was lame!

As much as I love a happy ending, I thought the guys forgave Jack a little too easily. I thought for sure there would still be some uneasiness. There would still be a lack of trust. But they seemed as chummy as if the five of them had been friends from the beginning.

I think you brainwashed me or something. Logan angst you as the author me totally there. Thanks to you, I've been exposed to what has to be an unhealthy amount of Logan angst, yet I continue to come back for more. It baffles me.

Splenderific job on this fan fiction wife of mine!
OptimisticallyHeartbroken chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
i think u made the message VERY clear! thank you for making this! it warms my heart :)
C.C. Nyde chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
This story is amazing for two reasons. One: it just is super well written, and has amazing friendship. Two: it is about one of my LEAST favorite things in this world; bullying. It just makes me so angry. I've been bullied. Hell, who hasn't? And it really messes people up. Hopefully people can see the damage it causes.
Annabanana4ever chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
I started crying when I read this. I can relate so well to this story. You captured the hurt of bullying amazingly.

I feel really pathetic right now. Ugh! Still crying.

I could totally imagine Logan doing this! Being bullied and too worried about his friends. And he's right. Telling an adult isn't that simple and sometimes it even makes it worse.

Thx for writing this.
Fang lover23 chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Huh, the ending with the boys DID kind of sound like a PSA for bullying. X]

I almost cried when Logan got hurt. But at least THIS story had a happy-ish ending. :)
LIV3xLAUGHxL0V3 chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Is it over? Already? This could rlly turn into a good story if u continue it :)

Aw, james stuck up for logan! That was sweet. And even better, Kendall overcoming his fear of blood to be with logie! :D

as always, very well written. Rlly hope u add an extra chapter to this :)
Falling to Fly chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Brad Avery. He… needs to go away. Like NOW. I mean, picking on Logan? Seriously? LOSER. But I'm very proud of Logan for at least TRYING to teach him a lesson with the test. Maybe if Brad would put as much effort into his schoolwork as he did with bullying kids he'd have better grades and wouldn't need to copy off Logan's test. -nods-

Logan! That is some REALLY serious bullying, and he needs to find a way to stop it, because if he let's it go any farther then it won't matter if he tells someone what they're doing to him, because what they're doing to him now could get worse and kill him anyway. :( But threatening James, Carlos, and Kendall was low, and the only thing they needed to say to keep Logan quiet. :(

"There was a bird in our classroom." He explained to Logan's questioning look. "I caught it and let it out the window. But Mrs. Hamer wanted me to wash my hands." That kid. He's soso adorable. That line made me smile despite how angry I was at what had happened to Logan because, Carlos. That boy can brighten up anyones day. :)

The all knowing Carlos. He picked up that something was wrong. -nods- But Logan is scary good at lying and made Carlos believe that nothing was wrong. :(

Oh no. Scrimmage. Oh no. That's never a good sign. Poor James. :( Thinking that Logan got hurt because of him… And so my hatred for Brad goes stronger. -glare-

AH! The anger has reached it's boiling point. Brad, Jack, and Roy. -glareglareglare- Those are some really, REALLY serious injuries, especially the concussion. And what's wrong with James?

OH NO! LOGAN! DON'T LOSE CONSCIOUSNESS! YOU'LL FALL INTO A COMA! Oh thank god he woke up. Phew! James broke his nose defending Logan. -heart-

Logan couldn't tell them. :( And then Jack came in and saved the day. He's earned my forgiveness. -nods- Oh my… four and a half months? Oh Logie… And even longer for Jack. THROW BRAD AND ROY BEHIND BARS! PLEASE! Because that's awful and inhuman.

Great job on bringing attention to such a big issue. It was brilliantly written, and I hope that everyone who reads it (and everyone SHOULD read it) gets something out of it. Spectacular job. :)
thatgingerprincess143 chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
wow i love this story its very intellectual
We Love Trevor And Kayla chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Really good i love it it was super good and left a strong message!
gayhogwartsandnudeerections chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
I love this story, because it shows how serious bullying can be. I despise bullies and bullying and I really wish I could put the word 'despise' in italics to show how much I really hate it. It disgusts me. Your story doesn't though! I love your way of writing, and I adore Little Hallow-verse. Keep on writing!
Snowboarder chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
You really, truely have a gift. Your writing is amazing and it sends wonderful messages. You should think about publishing some of your writing, especially Little Hollow. Just change some names (except for Logan's of course) and I think it would deffinatly sell big. Don't give up your writing no matter what. This is a talent that should be shared with the world. Can't wait to read what you have next!
WyszLo chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Ok, LOVED this. When do I not, though?

It was actually more intense than I was expecting! I'm literally shaking right now. Logan broke my heart in this. I was so terrified for him the whole time... I had to read it with my hand clapped over my mouth to stop me from crying out. He was so hurt... oh our baby!

So, I loved this, of course: "They were all he had." Logan would rather almost die (or actually die) than risk anything happening Kendall, Carlos, and James. BROMANCE. It's so sweet and horrible at the same time, because it IS so true- they ARE all he has.

Ready for a shocker? (Not.) Guess what part made me smile? Our bunny going into protective mode: "Who did it? They didn't hit you on purpose did they?" There was a trace of anger in his voice. Carlos very rarely got angry but when he did it usually had something to do with one of his friends." CARLITOS! Gahhh he's even adorable when he's angry. I love these boys and their bond way too much. They'd do anything for each other, and it's beautiful.

"Yeah I came here right from school. It's closer and my dad's away on business."

"Again?" James spoke up, a scowl darkening his countenance. "I thought he just went away."

"He did." Logan said with a sigh. "He's been busy lately." For once he was grateful for the lack of attention his father gave him." RYAN MITCHELL :) :) :)

Hockey practice was so scary. I was tense the entire time. I think that may have been when I started shaking... not really sure. All of a sudden I realized I was and I was just like, "oh gosh." It didn't really surprise me that I was, though.

I see you worked in guilty James ;) I was SO ANGRY at Brad at this point: "Logan glanced over at Brad, hating that the older boy was the real cause of his injuries and James was blaming himself." It's all so unfair. It's disgusting and heartbreaking that situations like this happen every day in real life. It actually makes me sick to think about stuff like this happening in real life, and sometimes the situation is even worse.

"Blood coated his sleeve and pooled out onto the surface of the ice. He gritted his teeth and tried to lift his arm but it was no use. It was broken, he realized. Broken. It had to be. It was also bleeding a lot. Logan couldn't tell if he was cold because he was laying on the ice or because he was losing so much blood. He bit his lip and looked again at his arm. It was a lot of blood." LOGIE! This was one of the scariest things you've ever written. I actually thought you might have killed him. I was like, "well she's done it before..." Literally, there was a time when I was like, "this is how she solved it? She killed Logan to take down Brad?" Because at that point I had no idea how you were gonna fix it. I was terrified for Logie-bear. It was awesome.

Um... I'm such a sap, because this made me tear up at just how sweet it was: "Obviously he wasn't the only one who was scared. Logan saw Kendall's white face and then felt the older boy take his right hand and squeeze it. Kendall could hardly stand the sight of blood and it touched Logan that he was overcoming his fear to try and comfort his fallen friend. "K-Kendall." He stuttered out." KENDALL. LOGAN. BROMANCE. I could barely handle it :) Tears almost fell.

Ok, are you ready for something really really (and actually true this time) rare for me? I loved James in this. I KNOW, RIGHT? I really want to give him a heart but ff is stupid.

So, first you dropped all these hints that something went down with James, right? When it got to this: "Logan didn't remember much about the ambulance ride except that for some reason the EMTs insisted that James would ride with him." I actually went, "WHAT HAPPENED TO JAMES? WHAT'S WRONG WITH JAMES?" I was not in a very stable mental state haha.

But it's ok, because the next sentence was this: "He remembered that James' voice sounded odd, not just because he might have been crying, but for some other reason that Logan couldn't quite figure out." Then I knew. Yay James!

"After Jack and Brad and Roy hit you I went after them." James told him as if it were the most obvious thing in all the world." GO JAMES! YAY JAMES! YOU ROCK JAMIE! (Look- he even got a pet name from me.) I hope you understand how much I love James standing up for Logan like that.

"Yeah. See, Kendall and Carlos went to make sure you were okay and I. . . I was just so mad that I didn't think. Besides, I was only by myself for a few seconds because the other guys jumped in." This made so much sense. The passionate one being controlled by his emotions... LOVE IT. Of course James would be the one to attack while Kendall and Carlos went to Logan. See, this is why they need all four of them. Brad had to be punished for hurting Logan, and Logan had to be comforted by his best friends. This way both things happened :) They all work together so wonderfully. I also love love love that the rest of the team jumped in. That was beautiful.

"Logan's mouth fell open. "But that's crazy! My dad has never touched me!" OR ACKNOWLEDGED OR LOVED HIM AT ALL. -shot- (Except for when he was 6 gahhhh.)

I really liked how you ended it with Jack being the one who talked to the police. I felt so horrible for Jack... but he's incredibly brave for doing the right thing like that. I had been wondering where "I didn’t see the desperation; somehow I didn’t see your situation" would fit in. So yes, I think that was the perfect ending. If Logan had just told Kendall, Carlos, and James, then we'd be scared that they would be hurt, too. This way is better, safer, and now Jack can be saved as well.

I LOVED THIS! Fantastic job! :)

Lauren