Reviews for I Am Xerxes Break's Sword
wow intense!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Quiero ser esa espada...XD
DyeeyEllll chapter 1 . 5/29/2011

EVEN it is a one-chaptered story, it was nice and awesome...

Redmage2 chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
This is a really cool idea, and you've done an amazing job with it. I love the sword's perspective on everything, and that last line is just fantastic.
RealityBitez chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Oh...I dunnno why but i think I'd like Break's sword hahah it's like such a sweet person (i know its not but still..) And this has been insightful, since i haven't read this far yet. I liked this alot! Yay Break! XD
Satiah chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
This was a refreshing change of pace, I think. Writing something so very different from your usual is a great way to stretch the boundaries of your own creativity, and it was an experiment that turned out very well.

A blade - cold, unfeeling, lethal steel - I expected it to be used as a character foil to juxtapose against the clownishness of his master. Yet as I read, I found that the blade really wasn't a foil at all, but rather an abstract metaphor for the Break that was hidden beneath the cover of his own facade. And then the final picture was like a mirror image: Break looking in, the blade looking out. I love that image.

I really enjoyed reading this piece. I wonder if you've planned some sort of continuation in the future for other characters? Such as Barma's fan or Reim's journal? Might be an interesting idea to explore...
TotalAlias chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Very interesting direction you went in: inanimate objects can be difficult. Break is truly himself when no one can see him but his sword. it loves him unconditionally, not because his is its owner, but because of who Break truly is.

"I sometimes feel sorry for my owner. Someone has to, for you see - he refuses to feel sorry for himself. Most of the time." I really love this line.

"I am quite surprised he has not tried to use me to take his own life" This is something I have wondered about as well. I wonder if he has that moral sense like Elliot. We know how he feels about changing the past but.. death?