Reviews for Hangman's Noose
The BritCrit chapter 14 . 6/5
In our rush to give our favourite fairy tales happy endings, we often overlook the fact that tying up all the loose ends is not going to be as easy as we hope. As much as we love Eugene Fitzherbert, the prince formerly known as Flynn Rider, his criminal past is not going to be easily forgiven by anyone, and this fanfic plays on this to create an intense and powerful story.

'Hangmans Noose' follows a rather familiar formula (save your friend from being executed), but it's an effective one, with the writing conveying the visceral intensity needed to make the story work. The descriptions are powerful (we really get into the heads of our protagonists as Eugene's worst nightmare begins to come true), the action sequences are exciting, and the cliffhangers are memorable. The climax is the sort we have seen in a thousand legal melodramas, as Rapunzel finds the evidence which will spare Eugene and races against time to stop him getting hanged. However, as we care about the characters, it is geniunely intense and interesting. Let's face it, if Rapunzel had brought this evidence into play at the initial hearing, than all the events of this story would have been avoided, but where's the fun in that?

However, whilst many stories follow the formula of this one, none of them have Rapunzel and Eugene. The two are depicted really well, staying totally in character. They are as likeable as usual, and are given plenty of depth. Rapunzel is willing to do anything to save Eugene from the noose, whilst Eugene recognises that he has to face the consequences of his earlier actions, but he has now turned over a new leaf and has something to live for which he doesn't want to give up. Even though Eugene's past crimes sound pretty bad, we all want him to survive. The anti-capital punishment message is handled very well. Instead of using grand speeches and messages, the cruelty of the death penalty is emphasised by making us connect with a relateable and likeable character facing a fate he no longer deserves. The fact that we care so much about our protagonists makes the last three chapters of this all the sweeter, and the final scene, featuring Rapunzel and Eugene literally burying the past, is a perfect ending. Rapunzel and Eugene (but ESPECIALLY Eugene) have had to crawl through hell on broken glass to get to this point, but this happy ending makes the ordeal worthwhile...

'Hangmans Noose' is a simple story, but it's genuinely intense and effective, featuring appealing characters enduring all sorts of suffering to earn their happy ending. Overall, it is defiantly worth reading...
WinnieTherPooh chapter 13 . 4/15
Oh wow, this was amazing and totally destroyed my heart.
SharKohen chapter 13 . 6/5/2016
This was a really interesting take on the foul legality of Flynn's crimes. While he might be Rapunzel's hero, he had also caused great harm through crime. I like the ending, and I thought the judgement super interesting. Long live Eugenzel!
AshHole7660 chapter 13 . 5/1/2016
Wow. I loved this. I was so...tangled in this story! Also, I know your pain, I work at a deli in Michigan too...it stinks! But anyway, thank you for this story! Its one of the best fanfics I've ever read, and I'm for sure headed to check out your other work right now!
RandomButLoved chapter 14 . 12/22/2015
Oh wow, I really loved this one! Mant Tangled stories try to stick to the brighter side of Rapunzel's return, and very few actually go into so much depth on Eugene's crimes. Either way, the structure, characters, and shocking moments kept me on edge the entire way through, and knowing that they are both alive brings me so much joy. I still can't get the image of Rapunzel stopping the hanging out of my head. Incredible! ;3
Ford.Ye.Fiji chapter 14 . 9/16/2015
This was amazing!
Krystalslazz chapter 13 . 8/14/2015
Brilliantly written story. Thank you.
xxNarielxx chapter 14 . 6/17/2015
Beautiful story :D

I really enjoyed reading it

Keep up the great work

xx Nariel xx
Born in 20th Century chapter 13 . 3/9/2015
thanks for sharing this wonderful tale! I look forward to reading the sequel :)
dreamer 3097 chapter 14 . 2/20/2015
A good story
Qapleulia chapter 13 . 1/20/2015
I absolutely LOVED this! Thank you for writing such an awesome story!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
I cried reading this! Amazing just amazing !
Ogg chapter 14 . 7/11/2014
so I'm not sure why I read through the acknowledgements page.

(Okay, ramble warning)

Also, Fujitsu can go die in a hole.
Turns out they make heaters as well.
Proper airconditioners, and laptops.
(I'm bitter because I have a Fujitsu laptop. It doesn't have a CD drive, because it was replaced with a second battery. In total it lasts about 2.5 hours on power saving mode. and it heats up. I have actually been scalded by it. I hate it. It has a small bit of fuzzy plastic (think polyester velvet) RIGHT NEAR THE BLOODY EXHAUST/AIR VENT THING AND MY JESUS WHY
IT MELTS
AND IT STICKS
AND THEN IT HARDENS

At the rising sun and at its going down; We remember my pants.
At the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter; We remember my pants.
At the opening of the buds and in the rebirth of spring; We remember my pants.
At the blueness of the skies and in the warmth of summer; We remember my pants.
At the rustling of the leaves and in the beauty of the autumn; We remember my pants.
At the beginning of the year and when it ends; We remember my pants.
As long as we live, my pants too will live, for my pants are now a part of us as We remember my pants.

When we are weary and in need of strength; We remember my pants.
When we are lost and sick at heart; We remember my pants.
When we have decisions that are difficult to make; We remember my pants.
When we have joy we crave to share; We remember my pants.
When we have achievements that are based on my pant's; We remember my pants.
For as long as we live, my pants too will live, for my pants are now a part of us as, We remember my pants.)
Don't forget to close your brackets!
Ogg chapter 13 . 7/11/2014
"It had been quite the ride."
I guess you could say...
*sunglass*
He had been quite the *#Rider#* (Emphasis on Rider)

geddit?

also, as a side note:
daww
Ogg chapter 12 . 7/11/2014
dawwwwwwwwwwww

(okay! this is the rant warning. I'm writing this after, since I looked over it and realised it was a rant. If you read through this, i'm sorry.

Seriously though, I hate these mmo ads.
"Enter at own risk"
yeah righto mate
"Once you're inside your friends won't be seeing much of you"
YEAH RIGHTO
"EPIC FANTASY GAME"
YEAH? YOU WANNA PULL THAT CARD MATE?

YOU FOOKEN WOT MAYT?
I'LL HOOK YOU INN THE GABBER, WHILE WATCHING US WHOOP ENGLAND AT CRICKET IN THE GABBA (it's a stadium)

YOU COME INTO MY HOUSE, ANGEL ALLIANCE, AND YOU INSULT MY VERY BEING?

I ASK AGAIN; YOU FOOKEN WOT?