Reviews for Common Silence
SpeedDemon315 chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Very interesting...I would not have expected this but still, I like the originality of the piece. The bit of history combined with one of my favorite morphs (Ephidel) was certainly a treat for me-a job well done!

SpeedDemon315
Androgynous-Heron chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
thats just...
Fan Fan Girl chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
Reviewing this because I didn't get to it before. Like the lazy, useless bum that I am.

This piece was pretty cute in terms of Romance. What I really liked about it though was the mood. You're good at writing these kinds of slice of life fics. Depressing though, since it was the during the... well, Great Depression, and no one really wanted a slice of that kind of life. ;-; It would have been really horrible to have been an immigrant back then, hoping for a land of opportunity but coming to a land of destitution.

Good job making me depressed, Manna. :P

Anyway, nice fic. Sorry I couldn't say anything more substantial, haha.
DarkBlaziken chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
well, that certainly was strange...but effective, nevertheless!

interesting, the way you make Limstella speak ungrammatically. XD
Silvara chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
What a pleasant surprise to find a Ephidel Limstella ready to read from your hand!

I enjoyed how the food deprivation was likely to their own need of quintessence that binds them to Nergal. When I saw it was an AU, I was a little apprehensive because I thought their brainwashed absence of choice, the very substance making them such intriguing and interesting screenplay (err bookplay?) characters would likely be missing. But somewhat you managed to implant that element in your AU to give that unique sense of mystery around of these morphs.

I still prefer canon-verse fanfiction, but as a fan of these two, I couldn't deny that Common Silence made them justice in its own AU way.
Elficiel chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Whoah, I never thought you'd write it so fast. Thank you! :D

I liked how you presented Ephidel and Limstella in this AU, both were very in character. I think you respected their non-human personalities pretty well; a secretive, distant, silent and kind of selfish couple -they look like ghosts. And that's exactly how I would imagine them.

Loved the 30's era universe too. Congratulations!
Trevor X chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Kind of weird. Not bad, but I kind of have a hard time connecting with the morphs, since I'm trying to kill them all through the game. (And fail to get any satisfaction, since they demise in other ways.)

People naming things to give them power. Heard of that before. Is an interesting concept. Could be twisted to varying degrees for an amusement factor or for a darker reality, if one wished.

I don't know, for some reason, bland is the only thing that comes to mind now. '

Sorry I'm not more helpful on this!
FireEdge chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
HUH, this was definitely very different. The summary definitely caught my attention (the 30s are always an interesting time era) and I was curious to see what you'd done with it.

Anyway, I can't say much about characterization, since Limstella was well... Limstella. And Ephidel was as aloof as usual, so I suppose that they were pretty spot on? O.o

But stylistic-wise, I liked it. It was very simple, and clean-cut (much like how you were trying to convey with Ephidel, I suppose). It definitely resonates, and it made my brain tick.

Sorry I'm not very helpful XD. I'll stop here, because I'll just end up rambling on and on about random thoughts that popped into my head as I read this. Point is: Different and odd, but not in a bad way.
The Exile chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Nicely written, interesting choice of characters and settings. It would have been nicer with more FE references than just the two characters.