Reviews for Chauffeur
littlemsstrawberry chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Nice!
FreezingCold chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
I just realized I faved your story but I never reviewed it.
I love this OS because not only it's perfectly written, and I'm always so happy to read a story that flows without any typos or grammatical horrors, but most of all, I really enjoyed the Rude/Yuffie interaction. They're both dead on and man, Yuffie's way of thinking and talking is so funny. You actually make me want to have her as a friend. Finally, I love how, even though they're talking about someone who's not there, you get a great idea of who Vincent is just by the tiny clues in their conversation.
Sorry for the late review. I really loved this story. Thanks for posting it!
Bobbie chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I even like your Yuffie, and that is a true miracle. I don't want this to be a one-shot. :/
Jyet chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Wonderful story! Everyone's really in character, even those who are just being thought/talked about, like Reeve - great, unobtrusive take on what kind of person he'd have to be to survive Shinra and create the WRO in the aftermath. I also like how Rude is pretty fleshed out, and how his speech is simply concise, rather than monosyllabic or non-existent. The line about Yuffie needing "to organize her tangled limbs" somehow describes a lot about her, and how Rude ends up seeing her, very quickly.

And just in general, there's a sense of this gritty/ugly world, with the rickety cars and badlands, and the political/business forces nudging Rude and Yuffie around. But despite that, it's still possible for the two to have a mostly friendly conversation, and make a simple connection. Great work.
somepersonxP chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
There's something about your writing that gives such insight to the characters involved without coming across as dragging. Instead of being overly descriptive and boring, Chaffeur is extremely engaging. Yuffie, and to the best of my knowledge, Rude, are in-character and well-written. Loved all of it!
CBK1000 chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
I really enjoyed this. You have this way of bringing humanity to the Turks without losing sight of their get-the-job-done brutality that is fascinating. It may be morbid of me, but I love that this started out by painting Rude's neck-breaking technique as an art. I also found the interaction between Rude and Yuffie to be flawless and engaging. I wish I could write a more comprehensive review, but my brain is a bit fried from feverishly writing all week and getting to bed later than I should have.
The Genesis Awards chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I am extraordinarily pleased to inform you that your story, Chauffeur, has been nominated for The Genesis Awards Best Short Fic Category and Best Drama Category 2012 Season. The Genesis Awards exists to reward the authors of FFVII fanfiction that show a certain standard of grammar and formatting, relevance to canon and characterization. Your story was nominated by Pen Against Sword at The Genesis Awards forums. The nominations will be open until December 31 and the nominated stories will be assessed from January 1-February 15th, 2013, by preliminary readers. Further details will be present on The Genesis Awards website at a later date.

If you have any questions or comments, please visit our Fan Fiction Net Profile or The Genesis Awards forum.

Congratulations,

Sai,

Co-Administrator and Judging Coordinator,

The Genesis Awards
Incanto chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
"Durr hurr. That's my ninja name, loser," cracks me up every time I read it. Well done!
BruHaeven chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
I'm normally not a huge fan of Rude (although that could be because I just don't read very much of him) but this was fabulous and beautiful and kind of heartbreaking in moments, but mostly it just had me smiling.

Your Yuffie was absolutely perfect and the dynamic between the two was amazing. The ending had me grinning like mad, and now (because I've recently begun side-shipping the pairing) I'm left endlessly curious about how things might turn out between Yuffie and Rufus.

All in all, a wonderfully written story and an excellent job!
xxfatal chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
I adore Yuffie. I have a soft spot for Rude. You put them together perfectly. You've written an excellent piece here. I don't know what else to say. Lovely, lovely job.
absolute-zero88 chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Thought I'd come check out your work... And I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed!

I could write you an essay on all the things I like about this fic. You write exceptionally well and in such a way that is vividly descriptive and effective, without being pretentious or over-literary about it. At first glance, this is a deceptively straightforward piece in that it only really involves Yuffie being chauffeured, yet you include cleverly thought out ideas and details that link in nicely with what we know from the games/film, such as the oil business and its 'anonymous' investors.

Your characterisation really hits the mark for me; Yuffie is so often over-written, and Rude so often under-written, and you not only get them refreshingly right, but you also play them off perfectly against one another. I was sitting in a waiting area with other people when I read this, and I have to admit I laughed out loud more than once...
Delcat chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
I'm not usually a Yuffie fan, but with Pen sending me fics like this, it's hard to resist her. I can see why she gushes about this thing...
Pen Against Sword chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
I just want you to know, I re-read this like once a month. I left you the lengthiest, most gushing review over at Genesis Awards that I don't really have time to recreate because suffice it to say, I love every little bitty piece of this fic.

Thanks, lic. You're awesome.
Alamorn chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
This was adorable. I loved the characterization of both Yuffie and Rude, and and and stuff. The final bit where he invites her to blow stuff up with him? Lovely. Absolutely lovely. And Rufus wanting to meet her, and Rufus owning 12 out of 15 shares in Barret's company? Just, all these little touches and details that made things more awesome.
Clement Rage chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Y'know, this is a fascinating one. Your vision of the postr Advent Children World, with all the subtle but believable details that make it up. Not many people try to show Reeve's dark side, It's interesting. So's the Turks having to adjust a new world where the Suit isn't necessarily respected. Incompetent/Sabotaging mechanic? Nice touch.

'Nyuk.' I never quite understood that soundeffect.

I'm a little surprised that Rude knows the ins and outs of Rufus' investment portfolio, but I guess you had to bring it into the story somehow.

'Rudinski Rastapopoulos?' Bet that actually is his name.

'Except that with Valentine, the inner demons aren't metaphorical.' Great, great, great line.

Openly talking about Verdot also feels strange. Isn't he supposed to be dead as far as anyone's concerned? Maybe its not so important anymore, but having a few hidden Turks feels like something Rufus's do.

'I had my eye on you the whole time,' Really? Hmm...why was that, I wonder. Interesting...

And explosions. Yay!