Reviews for The Kingdom of Illusions
YuniX-2 chapter 12 . 6/17/2013
Wow, this was so beautiful - it captures some really important life lessons. I myself went through something like this around the time I went to college. Knowing that I had to give up on my dream of being an actress for the sake of a more financially stable future (something I know I could not navigate life well without) and the emotional stability that comes with not constantly being rejected for auditions was very hard for me. But I found a different love in psychology, and am now pursuing that dream. Like Ash, I don't quite know where it will take me yet. I'm currently working at a school for autistic children, but I don't think it's where I want to spend the rest of my career, so I'll just have to see. It's very nice to see a story that validates such feelings; such eternal truths of life. So many stories are pure wish fulfillment. That's fine, now and again. But sometimes life is hard, and we have to let go. Yet nowhere in pop culture are those tales that teach us that letting go - not just of a loved one but of a dream or hope or imagined future - is not only okay but right. I know I made the right choice, abandoning old dreams from childhood to seek a more meaningful future. Rather than serving myself as in childhood dreams, I now dream of serving others. How can a hard choice made with love for both oneself and humanity possibly be wrong? While Ash may be right that love cannot conquer all, Misty is certainly correct as well - because love is all that matters.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 12 . 5/14/2013
Great story!
Ky111 chapter 12 . 5/11/2013
Awesome story and I like how you just didn't make Ash a pokemon master and that he's struggling with what to do next as he's near the top but can't quite get over that last hurdle and is going to try something completely different but without giving up on his dream. Which was the biggest thing he couldn't get over was he didn't want to just simple quit.

I'd like to see this go into a sequel to see how Ash's and Misty's relationship builds up plus it could have Brock in it as Pewter isn't far from them, although I think Ash being part of an organisation like the Rangers or G-men would suit him more than Gym leader as it would give him the chance to continue to help people and pokemon plus he could still travel but still be able to settle down in one place. Also like the Gym he could still train and still strive for his dream of being a master (plus being a trainer is a good cover if he was to join the G-men or some similar organisation, as it's not suspicious of Ash turning up at different places given all the training he's done plus he'd already have contacts and potential sources around the other regions given all the different people he knows).

Anyway great work, Later.
PhinalPhantasy chapter 12 . 4/7/2012
wonderful ending to a wonderful story :)
PhinalPhantasy chapter 11 . 4/7/2012
Well one problem solved. Molly definitely took care of Marcus but there's still the problem of Hansen and also Ash and Misty's feelings.
PhinalPhantasy chapter 10 . 4/7/2012
Still loving this story. Especially Duchess Molly. What a good plan.
PhinalPhantasy chapter 9 . 4/7/2012
Poor Dawn stuck between these two...also Ash finally gets the hint. Misty should know better though, subtlety isn't the best way to deal with him
PhinalPhantasy chapter 8 . 4/7/2012
Wow great chapter. I feel for poor Sara, thought her plan to make her future groom do random acts of charity was a good idea, it'll either really make him change, or just change his mind about the marriage
PhinalPhantasy chapter 7 . 4/6/2012
Hmm...trying to trick a swindler with another swindler perhaps is Sara's plan?
PhinalPhantasy chapter 6 . 4/6/2012
Loved this chapter as well. And wow on Misty just openly discussing sexuality like that. Also LOL on trying to interpret Pikachu.
PhinalPhantasy chapter 5 . 4/5/2012
Wonderful chapter. I am enjoying getting back into this one. Poor Sara, but also cool points to Misty for pointing out the huge mistake the parliment is making. Also loved how Sara is handling this despite how bleak things look.
PhinalPhantasy chapter 4 . 4/5/2012
Been a while since I read this one but I still like it and will try to finish it
Reeeeeema chapter 12 . 1/12/2012
Wow awesome story! I read this right through. I liked how you pulled everything together at the end and I like how you did this shipping.
mavicogo chapter 12 . 11/1/2011
You know that feeling that once you start reading something, and you just can't stop till it's finished? Yeah, that's pretty much what I experienced right here. The story was really good and I like the matter in which you wrote it. I also love how you drew Ash, Misty and Dawn's characters in the story. Especially regarding about our two favorite character's situation. Yes, take it slow.

You deserve a pat on the back for that. Looking forward to more AAML from you :)

-mavicogo deviantart
Meowth That's Write chapter 12 . 9/12/2011
What a happy ending to an exciting tale! I'm glad the kingdom is safe again and that Ash and Misty are giving things a try :) thanks for an amazing story!
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »