Reviews for Of Muggles and Magic
Zapominajka chapter 43 . 4/15
Oh my. I've been literally gathering my thought for a few days (sic!) to write a review here. I was truly shaken by this story. I wanted to kill you, dear author, somewhere in the middle of it, for making me wait so freaking long for some satisfying action, but... it was worth the wait. The way it developed, the way it ended... I cannot describe my feelings. It was just beautiful. And painful, at the same time. Perfect combination.
Also, your vocabulary range is really impressive; sometimes it was a challenge for me (I'm not a native English speaker). I suppose it was what reading Jane Austen in original language version would feel like ;) Oh, and thank you for writing a fic set in the past! I absolutely adore these times, with their polite and eloquent ways of speaking, with uncountable rules adressing every single part of life... It felt a little odd that the wizarding world in your story was so liberal, but in the end I didn't mind. Thank you for this story and, well... bravo!
DeadRosesX3 chapter 43 . 3/23
This was seriously a wonderful story. I’ve been devouring sshg fics and I’m so glad I stumbled across this one. (I’m sure it’s no surprise that this story and many of your others have graced fic recommendation sites) The story was paced so well, the dialogue was so natural and witty I laughed out loud numerous times throughout the story. The story is filled with ocs more so than original characters and yet they all felt real and natural. Wonderful job truly!
M.Blanche chapter 28 . 2/1
this is gold :))
qui23 chapter 43 . 1/29
i feel like i saw grey side of the world when read this. it has angst plot that usually i hate the most yet somehow it feels so beautiful with how these two end up. tbh, there's some part that i don't like from this fic but overal, the story is amazing. thank you
IrishIris chapter 43 . 1/24
Wow. Thank you so much for the ride! I adore regency fics, and only recently started reading any HG/SS. I totally blew my weekend, probably ignoring all other humans more than I should, but I just devoured this. It was so articulately written, the plot and characters so well-crafted, that I couldn't put it down. I know you wrote this literally a decade ago, but I hope you're doing well and still writing in some form. You've got the knack!
Ferm chapter 43 . 1/15
It was a pleasure to read the fic. The Hogwarts redo chapters are really good. I liked the oc plot. All the PC's were nice, but we're identifeable as clear stand ins in a specific role and didn't venture beyond it. Except the kids, ofc. I liked your Tobias and Eileen and the view of Sev's past. The descriptions were often funny. Really liked Snape going through emotional bender and Albus then just being nonchalant about ilwhat he did for holidays. XD

The ending was fluffy. The last act was bloated, imo, and overtly angsty which I felt didn't have a proper resolution. Everyone was just too willing, and that gave it an artificial feeling. It is still an epic work of remarkable quality. The style of dialogue was a joy to read.
Ferm chapter 39 . 1/15
If the last chapter hadn't happened, if he hadn't thrown her off in the way that he did, this would have been great. As it is, the story built up for so long and that chapter just ruined it. I do wish I could obliviate it and read this one instead. There was really no need at all for him to have acted that way after such a great scene. If you wanted this rational discussions it could've come anytime. Maybe after the fact, maybe before the events of the chapter. I'm filled with a sense of frustrated dissapointment that I cant like this story, which is a shame because it is really awesome, and I can see just how much effort you put into it. The novelty of the idea and everything. But this chapter just completely negates what Hermione is feeling in the previous one. Why is she letting go of her anger towards him so quickly? The points that Sev put forth have been rehashed multiple times, and are old. . They did not need that event to be rehashed again. It serves little purpose other than forcing unnecessary angst.
Ferm chapter 38 . 1/15
I really liked the story, even though it slowed significantly later on. It was nice, it was angsty and fulfilling without trying hard. This chapter was too much though. U can't understand the necessity of this one. The magic could've been brought back another, much less forced way. It was fun, the way the comedy of errors had happened, but it's decidedly not now. if I read the story again, I'd consider stopping the previous chapter. Ill continue because I'm curious where you want to take this and I do love your stories in general, but this is realy forced. The wholeangst about everything. There
Ferm chapter 20 . 1/15
I knew it was gonna, but her unconditional love for him was so pure. I almost didn't want the main pair to happen. That slow wail he lets out is beautiful. ;-;
Ferm chapter 1 . 1/15
Another delightful fic. I'm channeling Downton Abbey in my imagination, lol
Rebecca Crouch chapter 43 . 1/7
wonderful story I thoroughly enjoyed
Guest chapter 20 . 12/13/2020
Oh, girl, ten years later and I still cry like a baby when I read this chapter. For Elspeth, for Simon, for the kids, and for Snape. Whew. *takes some of your tissues*
Christev
Artisticmom2 chapter 43 . 12/8/2020
What a fantastic story! I was not a fan of the Elspeth story line, not of Hermione's struggles, but I know they were necessary to the overall plot. They also made the later chapters that much sweeter. A truly well done piece of fanfiction!
Artisticmom2 chapter 2 . 12/6/2020
Ok, I rarely review midstory when a story has already been completed but... A clap addled boat licker! hahahahaha. Fantastic!
Caramel4me chapter 43 . 11/21/2020
I absolutely LOVED this. Never read any like it, you did a fantastic job! Oh how I wish I could read more!
3,799 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »