Reviews for A Second Chance
KTarra chapter 2 . 8/12/2011
This needs a sequel! Or waiting for the sunrise does! I think it would be neat to see how jenn reintegrates into the team and blends 'annie' in with Jenny over the long haul.
LongTimeFan chapter 2 . 1/29/2011
I am *really* glad you posted this. It is a wonderful addition to Windjammer's story. There is a level of intimacy with a character that a writer can share with readers when a scene is written from that character's point of view. When it works, it can be far more poignant and breathtaking than if the same scene had had been written in third person. You pulled this off beautifully. I am not the first to have written from the character's POV and I am truly happy you did not hold back sharing this piece of work because of my story. We would have all been much poorer if you would have.
JTrevizo chapter 2 . 12/31/2010
An excellent companion piece to Windjammer's story. It certainly makes one wonder what does happen in the future parts when they are back 'home'...
Windjammers chapter 2 . 12/31/2010
"The last time they'd done any celebrating was when they'd taken down the Icarus platform and prevented the widespread digitization of the eastern seaboard."

These folks need to party more! :) They need to dance and sing and get silly.

I love how Jon approached this. He knows Jennifer well, and knows he's not going to mess up this second chance he has with her. But I do have to agree with him on one thing - sometimes, there's not enough coffee in the world to make a day anything close to manageable. *g*
Windjammers chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
I'm still saying WOW and WHEE on this story. :)

There's a section that absolutely gripped my imagination: "she'd wondered if anyone had missed her. If she'd left behind anyone who loved her" followed with another section "She'd longed to feel the touch of another person." No one knew who they were or who anyone else was, so they were denying themselves human contact and their own emotions. Then to realize there was someone in particular who loved her, who missed her (and wanted to dance with her) and then there were other someones who loved her and missed her in a different way and that they were there, not some amorphous wish - you did a great job letting Jenn get her family back. :)