Reviews for Trust Is A Relative Thing
ShadeslayerX chapter 1 . 9/3/2019
Intruguing premise. Well put into practice too. A bit long winded for my excessively limited patience(i just mean events proceed at a snail's pace and every thing that happens is described in excruciating detail; not a bad thing in and of itslef, but it turns off people who don't have extreme patience)
AmethystWind95 chapter 34 . 9/1/2019
well, for all Snape having internal debate about Harry, he's still a 1st class git. several mandatory tutoring, 3 detentions, and loss of privilege for some weeks duration because he told a teacher who insulted him about his oversights?
Mimble63 chapter 1 . 8/12/2019
Dearest Silverfawkes I read TIART at least twice a year and am desperate for you to finish it. You are an incredible writer on par with JKR herself.
1NC0RR3CT chapter 4 . 8/12/2019
Honestly, it makes no sense why Harry would care about parents he would never met. Actaul people tend not to feel any emotion towards people they never met, especially people they had never heard good things about. It’s just not realistic, and it’s why I won’t continue to read this story.
SunPho3n1x chapter 51 . 8/1/2019
This is a very fun story. I think you did a good job of demonstrating what Harry’s life would be like if he was treated decently (but not loved) by his family. It felt realistic. Thank you for writing this.
Tatum Grimes chapter 51 . 7/28/2019
this is amazing and i am sad there isn't more, please continue. you are am amazing writer and i look forward to reading any other stories you may have.
Jake Crepeau chapter 45 . 7/25/2019
The only problem with your theory of using the AK for a "mercy killing" is the fact that for the AK to work, you have to feel true hatred. That feeling would certainly be absent in such a case, even if it were a person you didn't like, because mere dislike isn't enough to power the AK. In a similar fashion, you have to really WANT to hurt someone, and want it right down to your bones, for the Cruciatus to work; it's even more powerful if you actually enjoy causing pain. That makes it easy to see why those two curses are considered "unforgivable." The Imperius alone does not seem to require "evil" intent, only a strong desire to control the target, which would certainly be present if you were attempting to stop a suicide. It's the only one whose status as an "unforgivable" is questionable, to my mind, because if it were simply because it takes away a person's free will, then the use of compulsions would be "unforgivable" as well.
Vanadir chapter 51 . 7/23/2019
a truly fantastic epic story thank you
Guest chapter 51 . 7/21/2019
Please please please keep writing this! It's one of the best stories I've ever read!
mumphie chapter 51 . 7/22/2019
I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I hope that your muse comes back from THIS vaca because I want more! :)
If you have decided that life is taking up all the time you had planned, could you think about a summary that would let us know what you had planned next? It's a really good story.

And not sure you spelled it out - did the block on Harry's magic dissolve? You mention that he got it, but I am unsure if it left.

I hope Harry brings down his walls and finds he can trust his true friends and that he CAN find love and trust it.
Again, good story.
LeoESerpens chapter 51 . 7/21/2019
Wow! What a great fic so far, I will be following this for sure! Thanks so much, can't wait for the next installment!
mumphie chapter 5 . 7/21/2019
Done a decent job? He is either forgetful or quite forgiving.
Jake Crepeau chapter 28 . 7/15/2019
Nope, it's not a huge leap that the lawyer would have guessed. In fact, anyone with a even just a modicum of logic in that scenario would have guessed Harry Potter, simply because he's so high-profile, the political ramifications of having control of him are enormous. I don't find it a stretch that he made the guess at all.
Jake Crepeau chapter 27 . 7/15/2019
I think I've said this before, but I absolutely love this story. It's got all the elements of the best political intrigue novels, and a very realistic Petunia in this particular scenario.
Got a little Latin help for you. The word you wanted for that explosion was actually "explode," pronounced "ex-PLOE-day." It's the "command" form of the verb for "to explode," which would be more appropriate than saying "explodeo," which means "I explode." ;D
I'm willing to provide some Latin help if you want it. I'm no scholar, and my Latin classes were many, many years ago, but I still remember all the basics, and I still have my old textbooks for reference. Simple stuff like providing incantations for spells, I can do. Translating fictional documents into Latin, though, is a good bit harder, and my translation probably wouldn't be much better than a machine one. ;D
wolfwriter1492 chapter 51 . 7/2/2019
I hope you will continue this story at some point. I loved it.
5,903 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »