Reviews for Trust Is A Relative Thing
marvinkitfox1 chapter 48 . 3/18/2020
The Galleon cost in this fic makes no sense to me.

Cassandra gets paid 2 galleons per week, and considers that fair.
Snape does (illegal and/or against his master's wishes) occlumency training for Harry for 20G per month.

Yet, Arthur Weasley has to pay 8575 galleons per year PER CHILD to Hogwarts for his brood's schooling? Even ignoring all holidays and weeksnds, that's 23.5G per day

So Hogwarts cost more than EIGHTY TWO TIMES the gross income of a dedicated 24/7 personal assistant?
marvinkitfox1 chapter 20 . 3/16/2020
7 cu. in. microwave.

Not likely.
That's less than HALF A CUP in size.
marvinkitfox1 chapter 4 . 3/16/2020
Alright, Harry receives his first Truncheon!

Erm, wand i mean. Really, really, **really** thick and heavy wand.
A bit shorter but TWICE as thick as a police club. Fully twice as thick as a baseball bat's handle.
Its even thicker than a Quidditch Beater's Bat. No, not the handle. The HITTING end of a Beater's Bat!
gohan210 chapter 51 . 3/12/2020
Have you stopped this story or just forgotten really is a good story. I wish you would update this story soon please.
Maxennce chapter 51 . 2/24/2020
Awesome story, I really like this Harry and sympathise with him a lot. I think what your concentrating on is an incredible person who has, by a matter of his upbringing and the pressures he has put on himself, has stood into a role that no one was prepared for. Hope u continue
alucardgal chapter 51 . 2/22/2020
Loving this fic! I hope life hasn't given you too much grief but its understandable! I can't wait for the next update!
Guest chapter 32 . 2/6/2020
This story is brilliantly written. You've picked a very different personality for Harry and kept him true to himself throughout.

One question I had to ask though-the journal about Snow Owls in Ch. 32... you state Nicholas Flammel has it because "they" couldn't read it. Are "they" the Canadians or his Swiss family? Either group should be able to speak English. Yes, Swiss can speak French or German as well, but most are at least bilingual.
AlexanderTheGeekOliverK chapter 1 . 1/5/2020
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Moarmystaytinyuniengine chapter 51 . 12/31/2019
Hi there. I really like this story so far.
I like the way you had them aware or the danger that was coming, and Harry and his friends being fitter than the adults.
Plz upload soon.
Tlyna52 chapter 1 . 12/27/2019
I really wish you would come back and finish this story. You put a lot of work into it and I really love it. Seems such a waste to see it abandoned.
Aurea Thalia Aurora chapter 51 . 12/18/2019
I love the story is there any more chapters?
riverlover chapter 51 . 11/23/2019
It was such a great story. It's a shame you stopped here. Thank you for sharing what you did. You wrote the story in a very easy to read, yet sophisticated style.
Tenjo chapter 51 . 11/4/2019
The bit with Tonks wasn’t well clarified, but I sincerely hope Remus wasn’t the one she called one of the hottest guys she’d ever seen. I can’t really remember what I imagined him to look like when I read the book since all I picture now is the Remus from the movies, and any person finding him hot needs to be put in a straight jacket. That he’s an old man compared to her and I’m aware that his personality is less than attractive, the pairing is just disgusting in my mind.
Tenjo chapter 51 . 11/4/2019
I’m not sure about Harry’s inability with girls. I don’t like stories where every girl wants him and he or he can get any girl he wants, but he’s utterly useless in this and it’s uncharacteristic. He’s self assured and knows how to talk, but none of that applies to when girls he’s attracted to are present. For the record, no one is actually like that.. it’s just one of those weird tropes you find in manga or trashy novels. Even the excuse you gave of him wanting more in a relationship is utter tripe. He was sexually attracted to Daphne and she was hardly a great person even if she was smart, so that was purely physical. Cho too, was purely physical considering he knows literally nothing about her and the cause of his attraction was an accidental grope on her ‘admittedly nice body’. Mind you, after being shot down by Daphne he wasn’t just waiting to see if he liked someone, he was actively looking for a pretty girl to pursue.

So his reason for not adhering to teenage girls’ desires is bullshit. He’s not timid around other good looking girls, meaning his timidity around the ones he feels attracted to (not romantically, which WOULD make sense) is also bullshit. He is sly, cunning and often talks his way through most things so his not wanting to ‘stoop’ to that level is alsosurprise surprise, bullshit. So why can’t he get girls? This would be one of those things I mentioned disliking about other stories in my last review; inexplicable quirks for the sake of there being a quirk, or dilemma in this case.

This review was a bit long for this one small problem but I wanted to flesh out my thought a bit so it’s not as easy to dismiss.
Tenjo chapter 44 . 11/4/2019
I’m sad this story will end so soon, abandoned. So far I’ve only had a few minor problems with it. You seem to have a fixation with Japanese culture and enforce it in this story where it doesn’t really fit that well. You put too much detail into describing clothes and food, which are generally redundant in regards to the story itself and just feel like painful filler. You have some continuity errors, nothing major just the odd regression of a character that had progressed or the forgetfulness of Albus’ transgressions as if they weren’t all aired for public viewing already. There are probably more, but they’re so minor that I can’t even remember them.

One of the main things I like about this is the slow progression. Harry’s not perfect; he’s far from it and that’s amazing. Other stories either make him flawless, give him some quirks or make him so flawed that the story is unbearable. In this, it’s a good balance and he’s slowly working on things while other things get worse, eventually he’ll have to change and I was looking forward to it. I also really like the Flamels. Normally, they’re either unimportant side characters that are scantly involved or they’re far too involved from the get go. The build up was slow and I like the dynamic that exists between them and Harry.

I truly hope you pick this up again.
5,906 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »