Reviews for Christmas Yet to Come
VG LittleBear chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
Hi, feeling warm and fuzzy after this lovely Winter's tale. Loved how Jackie was encouraging Ziva to see beyond the surface. I can still smell the chocolate, very vivid imaginery!
Rule 12 outta town with Gibbs, I wonder how much trouble Tony and Ziva can find over chilli (eyebrows rising) ?
Thanks and cheers!
blarney chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Love this teddy-bear Tony. I always thought his reticence at being with children was so far from true. Such a wonderful holiday story. I do so enjoy your writing and your approach to Tony.
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Not much of a Ziva/Tiva fan. But this was good. Not a lot of mushiness. And Ziva shows a softer side of herself to Tony.

Ziva snorted, reminding herself that Tony would always be Tony, and if she were serious about her interest in him she would have to remember that this was a bit part of him. So when he interrupted her thoughts, his voice soft, she was a little surprised – and heartened... So right/true. You cant change Tony. If you did he would be Tony anymore.

"You are a good person, Tony," she repeated. "And I do not want to risk someone else finding that out, and ..." she shrugged, then smiled privately. "... and making me regret not telling you this."
fred chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
enjoyed this
starryjules chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Awww I was in need of some cheer tonight and so was searching around for holiday fics...loved this one!
RT4ever chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
K wait I love this too. I just always want to hug Tony, this fic even more so. I love Ziva getting to see him through Jackie's eyes and have a safe space to acknowledge all of the wonderfulness that is Tony.
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Cute fic, you portrayd the Vance kids as ridicously well behaved and actually made me like kids for a second there. I love the TIVA. Good fic.
Mari83 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
This is just a perfect Christmas story, warm and smile-inducing, with things just being a bit better, brighter-looking at the end because everybody tried. Most and first of all Tony, but then also Jackie and of course Ziva's daring in the end. It has this density I like so much about your stories, so much in just a visit to the ice rink. (Not to mention NCIS at Christmas time, with Abby's cheer and even Gibbs leaving but Tony staying behind just as every year...)

So I decided I have two favorite things:

The first is Tony and Ziva. I'm not even a hardcore shipper who needs to have them together to be happy with a story, but I do think there is a special connection and that's just what's perfect in here: Re-establishing that connection from its after-Somalia neglect and then them finding out it could even carry more...

The other favorite thing is Tony getting along with kids. It always made me cringe when he desperately tried to be liked by some case-related kids and in doing so turns into an envious kid himself. But in your story he's grown-up enough to sense what they want and like and what makes them laugh... and does so in a lovable clown-like way.

"It was at times like this she found herself wondering why such a man could still make her absolutely crazy with his other, less adult behavior. But as she watched him tease their boss’s children, not sounding all that adult even now, she wondered how much was his behavior and how much her response. There was no question that a part of him had never quite grown up, and probably never would – but it was that part of him that made Lily and Jared forget their earlier disappointment for the moment, and that part of him that tempered the long days and an often difficult supervisory special agent."

So true and love Ziva reflecting upon it...

"as the kids squealed their delight and fell too, for moral support."

I can just see that... and it makes me grin.

“You.” He stood easily and reached out a hand to pull her up. Suddenly she was standing again, now in close to him, suddenly almost nose to nose. “Laughing hysterically like a crazy person looks good on you,” his smile – and eyes – were sincere as he spoke. “You should do it more often.”

Another favorite thing, how they switch from light fun to being serious and thoughtful...

“Speeeecial agent Tony,” DiNozzo drawled out, reveling in the chance to be silly after a long, involved case. The cold air, the exercise, the kids’ giggles – and Ziva’s clear enjoyment of the evening – left him content and happy."

This just captures Tony... and I don't think we get to see happy Tony all that often...

"She grinned into her cup, taking another mouthful of the warm, sweet chocolate, when Jackie leaned in close to ask, “So how long have you two ... you know...” the brown eyes twinkled conspiratorially, “been seeing each other?”

Ah, Jackie playing matchmaker... I like how she uses her position, knowing all about the social and other rules of NCIS but knows how to negotiate them...

“Besides, that’s what ‘boys’ do – they show off for the girl they want to impress. If he was just being silly, or even silly just for my kids – for which he deserves another medal, just as you do,” Jackie added, “he wouldn’t be looking up here every couple minutes to see if you’re still watching him.”

Ha, so true:-)

"He laughed, that barking, staccato sound he made when he was covering his feelings, the sound when he wanted to divert attention from the truth. “Geez, do I?” he stalled. “Did he tell you that the only way to finish off an evening of ice skating was to find a big bowl of the best chili in town? Because that would be impressive.”

"Beyond the laugh and the sarcasm, Ziva saw the genuine doubt in his expression, the endlessly lingering insecurity that was a part of the Tony DiNozzo she knew, no matter how well he hid it most of the time."

I'd love to quote the whole last part, it's such a believable mix of subtle directness, with Ziva's daring and Tony's insecurity. I can just see her taking the lead while Tony is squirming with the implications of what she's saying, not quite trusting it.

“You are a good person, Tony,” she repeated. “And I do not want to risk someone else finding that out, and ...” she shrugged, then smiled privately. “... and making me regret not telling you this.”

And this, just so true... Fits for Ziva to act upon her realization.

“You know where to find us some of this Cincinnati chili, yes?”

I can truly say that pretty much everything I know about chili comes from your stories:-D
ncischick09 chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Yayyyyy! *clapping hands and jumping up and down*
AliyahNCIS chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
wow! really well done story! i love Tony with the kids, that sounded like fun. and Jackie being subtle about Z&T, and her trying to get Tony to understand what she was hinting about. they were in character and we still get exactly what we always awnted. Tiva fan here! lol...i hope your story doesn't feel quite so lonely anymore. thanks for sharing! loved it!
diana teo chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
A festive,sparkly,twinkly,yet warmly glowing gem from dialogue as .Love it!
yen35 chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Enjoyed reading this very nice story. So cute how Tony taught Ziva how to skate. Tony would be great as a dad and Ziva's dialogue with the director's wife was great! So Jackie can see their feelings for each other very well. I am normally amused by Gibb's rules but I do wish he didn't have rule 12. It was very interesting when Ziva said to Tony towards the end of the chapter that rule 12 doesn't apply when Gibbs is out of town.
Mari chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Still makes me smile:-) More when I'm not sitting in a Youth hostel Lobby and have a real computer...
StinkoGingko chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Charming holiday treat. Really good use of Jackie, who may be the most "normal" character available in the NCIS universe these days. From what we've seen of her on the show, she seems like the type who'd pick up on the more subtle vibrations. And it's nice that someone remembers that Tony was once a real athlete.
fanoftiva chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Great story! I enjoyed it very much.