Reviews for Baubles & Blood
our dancing days chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Awwwww!

I am composed. I'm fine. Really. This was such a sweet freeverse, I'm in love with it. Victoire has really grown on me, as has Victoire/Neville. And it's all in a poem! You really made me feel for Victoire, and realise that it must be hard for all the Weasley (and the three Potter) children. I'd like to think they are hitched at the end, because I'm a sucker for happy endings :) Thank you so much for a great read, and good luck with all your writing!
-Odd.
daysandweeks chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
I'm not normally into poem fics - but I liked this! Maybe since this is one of my favorite pairings.

Also, this line: "What, you thought I got into Ravenclaw because I screwed the Sorting Hat?" I totally wanna borrow it from you for a possible fic. If I ever do - all credit goes to you, oh Great One.
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
That was very beautifully written, and I loved it.

The angst in this was perfect, and the voice you have to Victoire was so dry and human. I loved how she was asking, why couldn't she just be a girl for once? I felt so sorry for her, this was angsty and perfect, truly.

VicNev is the only pairing I'd ever break up TedToire for. I really love this pairing, :')
lowi chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
mew, this was really amazing! All the emotions you've captured, I think it was a fantastic portrayal if Victoire!

I can see why you considered this being some of your best work!
squeakyswings chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
I love this. You've managed to pack so very much emotion into the freeverse form, and it's quite original and perfect. I adore how you've characterised Victoire, and your offhand characterisations of the other characters are intriguing and wonderful.
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
That was a brilliant free verse, and I loved the way in which Victoire worked her way through all of the people in her life in a kind of spectrum of the nature of the relationships. Structurally, it was an extremely clever tactic, and it allowed for a nice rhythm to be built up - a rhythm that complimented the almost militant anger of Victoire's persona perfectly.

The formatting was excellent too:

"Because—last I checked—I wasn't the only part-Veela who everyone thought was

S*H*A*L*L*O*W"

Visually, this was an incredibly striking couplet. The contrast in length added to the emphasis Victoire placed on the difference between how people assumed she was and her real personality.

I also enjoyed her rage against Dominique:

"Sister, dear Sister

Fuck. You."

I could imagine exactly how contemptuously she must have thought of/spoken to Dominique, especially considering the relationship you painted between the girls and Teddy. I also liked the way in which Victoire could so easily analyse her younger siblings, as it created a realistic dynamic between the three of them.

The quotation marks around "coddle" and "adore" suggested that there was something false and forced about their interactions with Victoire, in particular once her relationship with Neville came to light. My favourite example of your formatting was this:

"I.

Am.

HUMAN?"

I could imagine Victoire becoming increasingly impatient with everyone for assuming that her beauty made her less than a real person. It was so raw and so angry that I couldn't help but sympathise.

What else I particularly liked was that although she was angry with Neville too, Victoire changed her mind and felt those romantic feelings:

"Stand up to all the others for me, with me

&& make me a prou E."

Those final lines were more than beautiful, they were perfect. You showed that Victoire really did want something substantial with Neville. I loved the idea of her waiting to see whether or not he would be brave enough to stay with her in spite of public opinion. It was a lovely poem - well done!
in sync chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Random, but- YOU HAVE A FREEVERSE NOTEBOOK? Awesomesauce. ;)

Alright. Now that that's out of my system...I seriously do not know why I haven't read this before now, because it is seriously amazing.

I really loved the whole "Dear_" repetition, I thought that was very effective.

I especially loved these lines:

'Has the apprentic the master?'

I loved that characterization of Louis, and the glance we get at Louis and Vic's relationship.

But, yeah.

I really, really, really loved this, Mew.
lonely hands chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
God, I suck. I can only apologise for not reviewing sooner :(

Thank you so very much, I am /so/ honoured to have this partly dedicated to me - it truly is on of your best VicNev's - I don't even mind the angst, in fact, I adore the angst.

Poor Vic though, right? I love how she's the 'strong, perfect' one, and how everyone seems to be dumping their problems on her, and she just has to take a step back and be selfish.

Awesome work - your wording is so beautiful, and your message very meaningful.

Instant love :)) Thank you, hon.
HarryPotterResidentEvilFan chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
I think she is implying (?) that Nev should stand by her side.

I'm honored that what you consider your best work is /partly/ for me! Thank you! I love it.

It was dark and great and one of the best freeverses I have read.

It's beautiful.

Poor Vic...
Morghen chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Sooooo good! I really love this so much! You were able to get Victoire's character perfect. She felt so real in this, instead of just a stone-cold b*tch.

I liked how no one really understood her. They all had their idea of how she felt and acted, but none of them were right because she wasn't the icy princess/b*tch that everyone made her out to be. You showed a nice vulnerable side to her. I used to hate her as a character, but I don't anymore( I /do/ hate Lucy, though, but that's a different story... :P )

""Come in to the house, Vic"

Sister, dear Sister

F*ck. You."

I absolutely loved that part! I feel like saying that to my sister most of the time and if she were older, I could see her trying to steal my guy, too. -.-

This is most definitely my favorite freeverse by you! I feel like my review is pretty sh*tty compared to the amazingness of the poem, but yeah. I really really loved this!

-Morghen
combeferring chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
YOU MADE ME CRY D:

This is so sad but so beautiful and so wonderful and it made me cryy!

Can totally get why Vic's hacked off though, it's all quite reasonable when you think about it. I particularily (sorry, can't spell that word xD) enjoyed the ranting at Louis and Dom, daring Dom to go behind her back and telling Louis he can't possible understand her... Think that's where the tears started.

Ahh, Neville. I love your Neville because he's so real! I'm going to take it as Vic wanting Neville to pop the question and HE SHOULD DO ITT!

Mew, I love this (and you) to pieces! Thankyouu! (:
jojor99 chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Very powerful - love it!
controlled climb chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Oh my god, Mew. This is just incredible. Really, I absolutely loved it. I have to admit, I completely agree with you when you say that this is some of your best work.

My favourite part... gosh, there were so many it's kind of hard to pick. But the piece that stood out to me the most was:

"Sister, dear Sister. Fuck. You."

Meeeerrr. Don't we all feel that way sometimes? Not always about our sisters, granted. But it's one of those things that I just constajntly want to say to some people xD

Following that, I loved the: "This girl knows her *shit*"

The bit about the boys was fantastic too xD

"Isn't it enough for my mates to just read what's on my face?"

GOOOOOSH. I LOVED THAT. Don't you hate when you're crying and people say "Are you okay?" And then, for the love of Merlin, they actually BELIEVE you when you say, "I'm fine" ? Is it really that hard to understand that the poor girl is crying... of course she's not alright :

This is fantastic, Mew. And I sincerely hope that you're proud of it (: And gosh, yes this is an AWESOME read. I should be on FFN more often by the way, I'll be sure to whip up a few M&MWPs now that I'm getting back into it! :D

*favourites*