Reviews for between black and white
keystothecastle chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
I love your writing. You understand them SO well, and the banter and emotional key is just perfect!
AudreyJ1 chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Love your writing style!
nixer chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Great story. I like the impressionist brush-strokes, the over-view moving swiftly through the days. I think you have their characters down perfectly and the dialogue sounds like them.
prdnanny1 chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
just finished reading all of your stories...you truly have a gift...in my minds eye i can picture all you've written..you have captured them completely...keep up the excellent work
Cora Clavia chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
This is so good! So terse, so understated. I like it much. Into the C2 with it.
A.Deep.Life chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
You have a lovely writing style, and this piece is unique in a wonderful way. It definitely fits the definition of showing more than telling, and the various scenes that you wrote are perfectly paced & pieced together. The imagery & description of Beckett as "Kate" when they're out in the Hamptons is achingly beautiful, and the ending hit just right...not overly fluffy, just like the rest of the fic, but still happy in a hopeful way. I really hope you post more stories in the future, because I would LOVE to read them!
knittingeek chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Not sure how I missed this. I'm once again blown away by the talent on this site. I'm left speechless. This was so eloquently written. I hope to see more from you.
fialka62 chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Stories I missed while down in the pub new year's eve! This is wonderful, keenly observed little moments. I see it's your first, hope there's many more to come.
Jill-in-the-Box chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
don't know why this doesn't have more reviews-maybe because everyone already read it on livejournal? anyway, wonderful story; nice combination of joking and his interest in her (both because she's a puzzle and because he genuinely loves her). favorite parts: the police horse discussion (and the combination of teasing/hurt when he discusses motorcycles with her), what nikki heat would do, "just so you know it's not roofies," and how he covers up with E&R at the end.
Cartographical chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
So I know I've read this before, but I can't remember whether I've rambled on and on and on about what a BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING story this is and what a BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING writer you are. It's actually made me somewhat incoherent, so while I'd like to quote your sentences back at you (like your fantastic first sentence with the conundrums) or talk about the awesome, effortless way you create imagery (like, I don't know, everything, but the one I remember right now is Beckett wedging herself into corners of the armchair), or bask in your totally tremendous use of parentheses (cf. every single use of parentheses in this fic), all I can really do is go OH SO PRETTY I LOVE SO MUCH and sun myself in the gloriousness.
Michelle285 chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
I liked this a lot! I definitely like the first line...and the Rubix cube! Haha! I also liked Bekett's line about Nikki Heat having sex. I loved the way you formatted the story, it was very good. The end was too perfect! Great story! :)
pkl chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Very interesting introspection - I like it a lot!

A little advice: It would be much easier to read (and understand) if you could use some lines or letters or whatever to seperate two paragraphes, when there's a leap in time.