Reviews for World of the Dead
No chapter 1 . 11/15
Good job on roasting that Dickhead GrimmyNerd for his shitty dark of the moon fantasy land where people come completely out of the blue at the most coincidental moment. I mean WHAT A DICKHEAD.
Meatzman2 chapter 15 . 8/7
Good stuff, this is a good story. This is the sort of writing I'd expect when I pick up a published book and while it is not the greatest story ever written it is a piece to be proud of.
BrotherDeath chapter 15 . 6/26
I never thought there was someone, who would have an idea to bring the story to such an good ending.
I'll recommend to other fans of HotD. You did a great job here.
jawdas33 chapter 8 . 4/26
Really really love this story. I've never read a high school of the dead fic before but I know this is gonna be the best...Thank you for sharing it with us.
negativeGinger chapter 15 . 4/6
loved it
loved it
I can only pray for a sequel, but I'm still pretty satisfied with this masterpiece.
negativeGinger chapter 7 . 4/5
so many Red vs Blue quotes went through my head while reading this,,,

[Saya with her sword]
Simmons: You know how to use that thing?
Tucker: What, my sword? Fuck yeah, I know how to use it. What's so has to understand about "swish swish stab"? It's a fuckin' sword, dude, it's not a fighter jet.

[Takashi talking with Rei on the boat]
Church: No matter how bad things seem, they can't be better, they can't be any worse. Cuz that's just the way things fuckin' are, and you'd better get used to it Nancy. Quit your bitchin'.
Interesteddude chapter 15 . 3/20
This was a good story. I admit, I didn't think too much on this when I read the first chapter but it was well worth the long read. Most of the times I speed read stories in this website, but this one took a week to finish. Savouring every chapter. Of course, often times than not I found myself finding a lot of places which could be tweaked to make it better but all in all, it is good.

Ok, now it's reviewing time. Events aren't chronological.

The first few chapters were very good. The run with the bandits, injuries and shit like that was what I found most pleasing. Characters actually getting injured and sick. Hell ya! Good to see an actual apocalypse factor at work. The readers would really get interested when that happens. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. So Kohta's eye and Saeko getting sick was good. Only they were out in seas, free of all the zombies. Which was a bit of a let down. But the story made up that aspect with Takashi getting shot and ultimately getting ganked by Them. Then Rika showed up. Gotta give props for that nightmare Takashi had. It really got me on edge thinking if the same thing would happen for real. Now, Saya getting bitten by Zeke and mistaken for turning into one of Them was ingenius. I was expecting the first character death then but alas she is saved.

Personally, I like all the HOTD characters, except Rei. Something about being a total bitch to Hisashi and trying to get with Takashi not even a day after his death.

The psychological aspect of the story was good too. The burden of being a leader, the burden of being aroused while killing, the burden of being useless. I absolutely loved it. Shizuka having to kill that nurse dude showed promise and it was great showing her true thoughts every now and then too but I kinda feel like you've just totally forgotten about her at the end. I was thinking Shizuka and Rika would probably be an item. That or an OC, whatever the case, forgetting her inner struggles was a let down. A total complete fucking let down. I was really psyched to find out how she'd cope with it, but a sudden appearance of Rika and a simple chat later, it's over. Disappointing really.

Romantically, I think you took Saya and Kohta a bit too fast, without any major character development. The private talk with Saya and Takashi made me think that he landed another girl, but suddenly converting to Kohta was a little unexpected. If Kohta was the one to comfort her, then it would have been more appropriate. Again, the same with Rei, Saeko and Takashi. It'd have been a lot fun to see their fights of jealousy a while longer and a lot believable too. Girls have no room for sharing when it comes to boys and vice versa. A little longer in the post apocalyptic world and the harem idea would be okay. It was just a little too soon for my liking. Also, my interest on Rei just went downhill after the declaration of the harem. She had nothing interesting about her anymore. Her jealousy over Takashi was definitely her strong point whereas Saeko has her inner demons to fight with.

The writing was good. In all honesty, it was brilliant. As was the plot, however some places was a bit bland. Especially in the yacht. There were room for numerous character development in the small confined spaces of the yacht, but it was mostly over looked. Though it's not really my place to say that so you don't have to mind on it. Besides that, most of the things were really conveniently placed. I'm not only talking about the items, but also the zombies. A few time I had to wonder, "How in the world did they get there?", or "Why the hell did they show up in that very moment?". And of course there's also ,"Zombies! Why aren't they there?"

Now, Shido's death was really fun to read. Getting devoured by the same people he tricked, serves him right. However, I gotta say, how the fuck did the zombies get to him. He was obviously at an elevated height from the stadium. The zombies were inside the camp site but never in the elevated planes. Now, the zombies would follow the sound of his gun. Sure, but they'd actually would have started piling up at his balcony, rather than taking the stairs and getting to him. Logically it's unsound.

In the cases of OCs, they were okay. Nurse dude played a big role for Shizuka, which I was really looking forward to, unfortunately for me. Anyway, the encounter with the mad scientist was good too, with Saeko killing him and showing her inner demons to the group. It was interesting to see their reaction to the first person to crack, who is also considered the wisest and the most refined in the group.

I was really expecting a lot of crying in this fic. There wasn't nearly enough. I don't know, that could be just me. Oh and nuke is probably Tsunami in Japan.

I don't really know what to say about the ending. Finding new survivors, a conveniently available mechanic, a conveniently available Priest, a conveniently available Marine. Hallelujah Takashi. Praise the fucking sun

Hope the review helps out.
25BAM50 chapter 13 . 1/14
where can we read that scene between Saeko Rei and Takashi at?
Well... author fit very well with Hollywood scenarists. They make the same level action crap.
Says was banged because... for sex scene. She loved Komuro from childhood and never was brave enough to confess. Now in 2 days she first time kissed and lost her virginity to ugly Fatass, whom she was disgusted only from first time she meet him until 3 days before 'today'. Yup, level the same.
Now hot! water! in the morning in the top floor of hotel... with no electricity.
Then most weapons were broken/without ammo and they 'found' museum filled to the brim with old and new bladed and blunt weapons. Also bows and crossbows... Even 'ammo' for Kohta? In museum?!
And only when they were armed, zombies attacked... Saya somehow lost the key in gift shop, while she wasn't visiting gift shop...
Then last man, or this time woman stand. Well she survived.

Overall these mistakes push down stories level of other way wonderful story.
KMF-G chapter 15 . 1/4
End... Hm, so with whom Rika and Shizuka going end being wed or whatever?
KMF-G chapter 5 . 1/4
No to both Saeko and Rei? Somebody don't know how the teens act. But still, exploding things... Watched to many action movies, author?
KMF-G chapter 4 . 1/4
Saya and fatass? Komuro said to Saya be nicer, not become Kohta's slut. Bull crap pile is especially big here... Fatass is wasting bullets like there is no tomorrow in every chapter. You know they're in Japan, not gun crazy USA.
Overall good fic.
PantheraTigr chapter 15 . 11/19/2014
Amazing story, I enjoyed it immensely. I liked the characterization, setting, ideas, work with cannon ... well ... long story short - good story. I especially loved the ending.

Thank you very much for writing it.
Smeehan98 chapter 15 . 6/28/2014
Well, seeing as I've arrived late to the party I'm sorry I couldn't actually be of any use to you, but I believ congratulations are in order.

This is, without a doubt, my favorite HotD fic so far. I really cannot find anything in this that I outright dislike or have a problem with. Actually, the whole Okinawa fiasco felt a little weird (especially Saya just getting bitten by Zeke like that), but seriously, if that's my only big complaint i owe you a medal.

And thanks for finishing a decent multi-pairing story. I hate how so many of these fics either outright bash Rei or sideline her so easily, or vice versa for Saeko. I just can't see the scenario going any other way unless one of them get's killed off, which for some reason never happens... I wonder why?

Ahh I'm rambling. Great show old bean. Wish there was a damn sequal or just another HotD fic you were doing, but I hear you. We've been waiting for over a year now for Issue 31, and wasn't it about a year for 30 to come out as well... Sato really needs to get back to it.

Ahh! Rambling! Sorry.

Thanks for a great ride.
Lord Sia chapter 15 . 6/6/2014