Reviews for Temptation
Toaofwriting chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Really great job; I loved the characterization. Well done.
cjnwriter chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
After my mind imploded, I actually kind of enjoyed this. It definitely makes you think about Holmes's thoughts/feelings about power, and I liked how he heard Watson's voice in his head. That was a nice touch. :)
The Snowprincess Writer chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
oh my goodness gracious! this one-shot is one of the best i've ever read! i love how you described what Holmes would do with the Ring, and how he had a sword! i could barely imagine it, but i have seen both Sherlock Holmes movies and all three LOTR movies, so it wasn't too hard to see Holmes with a sword. so imaginative! keep going!
Red Baron chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
For Picard's sake, please expand this to a full fic. I want to know how the rest would go without Aragorn's birthright but with the addition of Holmes' quick mind.

That said, there are one or two holes in The Ring's argument to Sherlock, but most of them fall under my personal interpretation of the character, which is that he never cared as much about bringing the criminals to justice as he did about the cases themselves. Remember, he's stated to have turned away cases that didn't interest him. I like how he finally resisted though, and the passing mention of Mycroft. Which brings me to another point about the temptation: The reason Holmes is the detective and not Mycroft is because Mycroft never bothers to follow through and actually check his findings, assuming himself to be right. I always felt Holmes considered that Mycroft's greatest failing and that though his abilities paled by comparison, he was who he was because he bothered to check his work. For that reason, I don't think Holmes would want to know he was right.

Again though, most of this is my personal interpretation of the character, and this fic is still quite brilliant.
sparky chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
What the hell.
Karm Starkiller chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
*applause* Good job. Not only did I enjoy reading this, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person writing LotR/Holmes crossovers. :D
Spockologist chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
What an interesting concept!

I like it!

I need to finish those LoTR books...
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Ah, quite interesting my dear. Never thought of our dear Mr. Holmes in Middle-Earth...but hey it's FanFiction. :D

Great work!

Happy 2011!

(do you realize it's now been 10 YEARS since FOTR came out?)