Reviews for Zahmahkibo
Razell chapter 4 . 5/13/2015
Incredibly sad.

It made me think of all the children who are really out there, surviving by stealing or selling their bodies. It is one of those topics that cuts to my heart. A lot of people hear about prostitution and automatically think of young girls, but boys are victims too, trapped in the cycle of survival by any means necessary, or even slavery. If only they could all be saved.

I've never seen any of the movies with Pyro, though I'm familiar with the character from the comics and cartoons, (which are no doubt vastly different from the movie version aside from name and powers), so I can't comment on realism with regard to the film version. But it is a compelling story because it can easily be any street kid in any city. Forgotten, shunned and alone. Treated like trash because they're not as fortunate as other people. Even the shelters can be dangerous and filled with predators, as you show in the story.

The part in the story where John's dad was willing to let the mob cut the boy's throat because he couldn't pay back his debt was horrifying. It's no wonder that he believes that everyone who is nice to him only wants something (usually sexual) in return. It's the harsh, tragic reality of life on the streets. And so few people actually seem to care.

Great, if heartbreaking, story, I agree with everyone else, this deserves more reviews.
serrure chapter 4 . 9/28/2012
Brilliant. I love your writing style of john's thoughts - his paranoid analysing of scott and jean, and his prediction of their lifestyles are truly riveting.
Thanks for sharing a really touching fic!
Miso Muchi chapter 4 . 10/6/2011
Some parts are sketchy, but it suits the story, do I was not too concerned about it.
Tj chapter 4 . 9/13/2011
Holy moly...I swear you deserve waaaay more reviews! This fanfic is completely enthralling. When i first saw pyro (x-men 3), my thoughs about him was that he was a minor character, some generic stuck-up wannabe on the bad guy's team. But you know what? I saw the second and third movie, and read your fanfic of pyro-no, of st John- and I gotta say that my heart's truly in for pitying him. I'm personally really not a fan of yaoi or guy-guy stuff, and especially in this case: prostitute/rape/services. But this element you integrated with pyro's meager, poor and pityable (to the point where you just wanna go up to him and give him a hug- although I'd probably be burnt to a crisp if I really could and did try that).

Seriously, thank you. I knew he would somehow join the x-men sometime, but that last scene reminded me of atwood's handmaid's tale- where the protagonist is pretty much forced into taking a leap of faith, or stay back and deal with the consequences (death, imprisonment)- st john's moment of hesitation and finally acceptance and blind hope truly captivated me.

Made my day thanks :) now I'll stop spamming your comment page
Mirvena chapter 4 . 4/6/2011
Compelling stuff, and reminiscent of some of the really well-written X-men FF that was posted after X1 - I'm really surprised this doesn't have more reviews. I liked the way you captured St. John's mistrust and it was interesting to see Scott and Jean from the outsider's PoV. There are some nice little touches - the way John's fallen into the way of life without really believing he has no choice - his reaction to 'You're already a statistic' is very telling. I really liked this, and shall go and find the rest of your X-men fiction.
Asphen chapter 4 . 4/3/2011
This was brilliant, I loved you're Scott very much. I think you kjept him true to character where as others just seem to butcher him into some arrogant poser.
Ratdogtwo chapter 4 . 1/2/2011
intersting i like get great job