Reviews for Look, I was THERE
redstickbonbon chapter 1 . 10/4/2014
Really enjoyed it! Your descriptions were spot on - I could clearly envision what was going on in the story.
AgentD.6 chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
I loved that it was McGee hearing the story!
USAFChief chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
This was exceptionally well done with Tim overhearing this tale of people he knows he'd love to work with but for whom he has serious trepidation. Love, lust and superlative action in the hinterlands never ceases to please one and all. I really wish they'd done as well with Hollis Mann as you've done with Kath Wigg.

Thanks for posting this and a belated Happy New Year...happy steam days.

pdf
Mezzo Beev chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
I liked the device of having McGee overhear this story about people he hasn’t met yet. It helps set the stage for his awe of the team when he eventually gets involved with them. It isn’t just that they are the MCRT that makes them fearsome, it’s the stories he’s heard. And I enjoyed the little exchange between Gibbs and Tony that you gave us at the end.
XX-Samantha-XX chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
Another amazing story from you scouse :D Great job on this, was a different point of view but still loved the story immensely :D That Tony of ours is a one haha likes saving people even when he gets hurt in the process XD Great Job again!
Azamiko chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Madances chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
I read the other one, so I had to read this one GOOD JOB!

Tracy
hi chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Wow. Just wow. This was amazing! That was an EPIC car chase-the type of scene I really want to see on the show. Did I tell you that I loved this? I don't think I really got that across!
sarahsrr chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
This was great. Very interesting story to hear from another agents view point. But i might guess the young agent could be Tim McGee. Just a guess! Great story and very humorous. Loved the humor, action and the little bit of Tony whumpage there. Wonderful as usual!

Sarah
victoriantealady chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
I loved this story! The description of the action was so vivid I was picturing it as I read.
diana teo chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
What a delight to read! Totally enjoyable romp,m'dear!

Inspired,having an outsider's POV with Tim many fave bits throughout and that was by no means a ,poor Tony! I don't know what it is about your tales that make me bounce when I'm reading them...;)

All the lovely little observations,the team interaction,Gibbs and Kath,the wonderfully lively and snarky dialogue,all the crazed yelling,the Tarzan call(lol!),'..the ass-phalt.I've done it' (nice nod to the pilot),'inside good,on top baaad'(LOL!),ominous silence from Tony,and the lovely part with Tony watching Gibbs and Kath,plus Tim's thoughts at the 're back better than ever!
Elly m chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Oh, this is great! I really like the story telling style - particularly since I'm reading this on the bus home! I adore seeing an outsider's perspective of the team.

Happy New Year!

Elly
vanishingp2000 chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Absolutely wonderful, I've got a huge smile on my face here, great visuals, heroic, slightly whumped Tony and I loved the story telling aspect of it! Happy New Year to you too! VP x
tiffaroolou chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Ooh, I loved this! Very interesting way of telling this story, which is itself no slouch in the interest department. I figured from the second paragraph that the young agent was probably McGee, and I'm glad I was right. Great job!
TesubCalle chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
And a happy New Year to you, too!

Thanks for this fun little one-shot. Don't worry about any confusion over Kate Todd and Kath Wigg. We're smart peeps; we's can tells the diff'ernce.

Loved how Tim was unashamedly eavesdropping on the whole story, and what he was able to glean about Gibbs, Kath, Kate and Tony, and how it tallied with what he already knew about the team.

Kath is one of those OCs that I wish wasn't an OC. It's not often you have a character on NCIS who's able to stand as an equal with Gibbs, and I think he could use that once in a while. Kath is to Gibbs what Paula was to Tony, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind seeing her again!