Reviews for The Long Road Home
SnapesTink chapter 39 . 1/23
McCath chapter 1 . 1/13
ĺp
hannahr.partin chapter 1 . 1/7
I'm assuming this story has been abandoned. I really wish it wasn't because it is really really good. no critiques from me, I've just completely enjoyed the ride and really hope it isn't over.
ganymede chapter 70 . 12/19/2016
I spent my weekend reading this story and I loved it. I liked how the relashionships between the adults were explored and how none of them are really exempt from criticism, and make sometimes huge mistakes despite their best intentions. I also liked the fact that Lily had a friend in Julia outside of the Marauders cercle. I won't lie, I don't really like them but more importantly, Julia isn't someone who cares about her because she's someone else's quasi-widow/wife/girlfriend and isn't seeing the situation through the "what would James think about it" lense.

Now about the current chapter and Harry in general, the kid has it pretty hard right now. He didn't know his father because his mother didn't want him to see him (big mistake there, it would have been easier to explain what the situation was from the beginning and not let the resentment start). Then he went through his mother and her friend quasi-divorce (again, big mistake letting Black live with her, matter of fact big mistake letting Black move in with James and her from the strart of their marriage, he got way too comfortable and if I understand correctely got used to being taken care of by the old Potters, then James, then Lily, never got a job and never took the trouble of even trying to get a family of his own). Then he saw Sirius die right in front of him when he was young and feels guilty for it. Well, at least he has his mother and a little sister (minus the elephant who's your sister's daddy in the room).
Medusa16 chapter 70 . 12/17/2016
Thank you for this story! Your writing is perfection. The ending, though. I expected something less..canon? I'm disappointed, the way your story was unfolding, I expected something original, happy. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the story (until the event with Voldemort, Harry and Sirius, that is) and complex characters. I love how your Severus is talking :D.
Medusa16 chapter 69 . 12/17/2016
I love your story but I'm so sad for this time skip :(. I would love to see pregnant
Lily and caring Severus :(
Medusa16 chapter 23 . 12/14/2016
I really like how you write Harry and Malachi's pov :)
Medusa16 chapter 18 . 12/14/2016
This chapter, oh it was so much fun! I LOVE your Regulus, and his relationship with Severus. And the DANCE! Oh my god, so lovely :). "twirl me" - I was laughing so much :D
Medusa16 chapter 12 . 12/14/2016
Ooooh this chapter is so beautiful!
NessL chapter 1 . 11/8/2016
Hello Penny,
we have not heard from you for a while. I hope the reasons are that life makes you too busy to update or that you are experiencing a writter block (or enjoy torturing inocent reader, which is distincly a possibility). Anyway, I hope nothing bad has happened to you since you were ill a few month ago.
I am still eagerly waiting for an update. The 2nd part is great, but so short!
NessL
Macskamici chapter 70 . 11/6/2016
I love your story! I am looking every day if post the new chapter, I am in love your story! Please update!
JimmyHall24 chapter 1 . 10/14/2016
Bullying piece of shit like James Potter probably drove dozens of neutral slytherin kids to Tom's arms. Hell the entire school of hogwarts all but say Slytherins are by default evil.

I dont like Snape either, taking his hatred of James out on Harry is a big no in my books.
Psych0Geek chapter 70 . 10/11/2016
Well, that was a few days well spent. Really good story. The thing I love about it most is that you've characterised every character in a manner consistent with canon: Snape, Regulus, Sirius, Remus, Dumbledore, James, all of them. It is so often that James or Sirius or Dumbledore are caricatured to fit the author's agenda, but they're all three dimensional characters here. All of them have been handled fairly, a rare sight when there are conflicting motives, which generally results in the author's bias towards and against certain characters shining through.

There are a few questions I must ask: Why did we not get the details of what happened to James on Halloween night? Why was he attacked? Where were Lily and Harry at the time? Is your leaving out of details deliberate, or did you just miss it?

How did Voldemort return the first time around? In canon he needed that potion. What did he use here?

Why hasn't Voldemort returned yet? The first time the Death Eaters didn't attempt to find him because they thought the Dark Lord was gone. Now they know he's immortal, so they should attempt to find and restore him. The death eaters on the run have nothing to lose, surely? Voldemort too should've taken measures to see he should be returned immediately after what happened the first time.

I'm still not sure why Neville wasn't marked the first time around. The whole ritual thing is weird, a seeming quickfix by you to not make Neville the Boy Who Lived.
Psych0Geek chapter 2 . 10/7/2016
"But Lily always was a sentimental fool who believed in other people's capacity for compassion."

Except when she kicked him to the curb when he became too Death Eater-y for her, I suppose? Snape, of all people, should know that Lily's belief in other people's compassion is limited.

I'm enjoying the story, but the semi-colon abuse is rather off-putting. Several of them should be replaced with either commas or full stops or colons.
severusdowney chapter 70 . 9/30/2016
Hey, just stopping by to read this chap again. When will you update again tho? I really miss reading this story