Reviews for Golden Sun: Defining Moment
Optimistic Pessimist chapter 3 . 7/8/2011
This story is amazing! This was one of my favorite parts of the game, and I love the way you've novelized it!
Waypoint chapter 3 . 6/11/2011
Beautiful. The characters were all spot-on perfect, and the whole thing just felt...right.

Also, hilarious to see Tyrell subscribes to the Kamina school of pep talks :P
Specter Von Baren chapter 3 . 3/22/2011
I really did like Eoleo's reaction to Amiti saying he wanted to know more about pirates. And Tyrell's speach and getting Rief to so easily agree with him and then headbutting him, that was very good. You also touched on something I too have felt saddened by with Saturos and Menardi being killed despite trying to save the world and only being remembered as villains.

This was a very well done fic. I look forward to seeing good stuff from Tangled Spirits too.

signed

Specter
godofmadness43 chapter 3 . 3/11/2011
awesome!
godofmadness43 chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
holy snap...remind me not to piss her off...
Angel of Atonement chapter 3 . 2/14/2011
Hmm. Not the type of conclusion I expected.

But it continued to be atmospheric nonetheless, which is still what I wanted. Thanks for the enjoyable piece.
Stardust897 chapter 3 . 2/12/2011
As much as I adore the games (though I am yet to aquire Dark Dawn) I wish that Camelot would take the time to flesh out the characters a bit more. We generally only get to see a little bit about their personalities and the fleshing out falls to the fanfiction writers. Speaking of, you've done a fantatic job of giving some depth and emotion to the story. It's well written and progresses smoothly, to the point I can actually picture all these scenes playing out. Well done:) and I look forward to reading your next GS story:)))
Cstan chapter 3 . 2/8/2011
A very interesting and well written story about the events during and shortly after Belinsk. I like how you dealt with the mental scars the characters received during the Grave Eclipse, especially Rief and Amiti.
Curse of Immortality chapter 2 . 1/11/2011
Golden Sun was my first fandom, as well. And wow, you've done a fantastic job with fleshing out these couple of scenes. Being a decent writer myself, I've been wanting to do something like this actually, mainly because I keep getting brief flashes of what I would write about each scene as I played the game.

But dang, this story is under reviewed, I love the characterization you've put into Sveta and Matthew's interactions especially, bringing out the wealth of emotions felt by the two quietest characters in the game. Since you haven't finished the game, just let me say that you definitely need to finish it because the ending is practically a writer's gold mine.

...That might be because I'm biased towards a certain shipping, but still! I won't say anything more about it though, lest I spoil it all...So PLAAYYY!

But make sure you continue updating! The world would be sadder without your story...
Angel of Atonement chapter 2 . 1/7/2011
I always find it interesting to see how people interpret the battle system of GS into fanfiction. But this story isn't really about the action as far as I can tell and doesn't dwell on it more than it has to, which I thought was the correct choice. It flowed well from personal even to personal event, which si just what I was looking for in this next chapter.

Still not finished? Then I will look forward to more. I like how you used Sveta's condition to show off the thoughts of the characters in real time like that. I don't know if you'll end her "problem" there like the game seemed to, but it was fun while it lasted if you do. Of course I'm sure it will allow for more insight if you don't.
Angel of Atonement chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Oh thank goodness. A possible second part. I was so sad that it ended there. I really wanted to see this viewpoint taken all the way to the end of the Belinsk escape, it was really good. I'm also still waiting for that "defining moment", as it were.

Excellent job. The character tend to not show quite as much personality as I'd like in the Golden Sun games, so I appreciate fanfics that pay attention to the details and make them seem more robust, even if the dialogue itself isn't so different than what we get in the games. There's only so much empathy I can have for th series' "emoticon acting". This chapter made the event feel much more desperate and immersive.

I look forward to more from you in the future.
A Neverending Dream of Flight chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
I really love the interactions you've added between the different characters, and their thoughts. I definitely imagine this type of scenario actually occuring, and I'm glad you pulled it off so well. I didn't notice any mistakes, so if there were any they were super minor. Anyway, great job and keep up the good work, I'll be looking forward to reading the rest of the chapters.
Traveling Trainer chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
It's written very well, and the characterization is nice. Long chapter, too - I find that to be a plus. So far, it's good.

...I feel really dumb for completely missing this scene ingame, though. URRGH