Reviews for Refraction
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 6/17
So many emotions flitting through that chapter. These two so alike, yet so different. I really, really loved this one:)
penandra chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Just reading through your story after reading "The Answer in the Question" and found this one . . . given where it was written in canon, it's a great tease for what was to come in Season 6.

Delightful. Just delightful. Thank you for sharing.
Anne Nonymus chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
Wonderful chapter lovely! I loved how there was a simple moment with Brennan helping Booth with something that involved science, and how you turned it into something far more poignant, then had them on the verge of something more.

You had me giggling like a lunatic with the "all my fingers have turned to thumbs" bit with Booth and Brennan. And I loved them sharing bits of their past, along with realizations of their present. Your writing is amazing and keeps me addicted.

Anne
labsquint chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
What a lovely character study you've sketched for us here. One of the strengths of your writing is the characterization and you've got both Brennan and Booth exactly right in this piece.

I love the backstory you fill in here around the kaleidoscope. Booth's family life as a child is one of the many storylines that Hart has teased us with and then dropped by the wayside, so it's nice to have some expansion of it here. You've done a nice job of tangling Booth's emotions around this item - the good around his mother, the bad aroud his father. And you make it better with a parallel gift for Brennan from her mother.

A teleidoscope? Well, that's a new one on me! It makes sense, but I had no idea that such a thing existed.

The tension between them is very nicely done and true to canon as we currently know it. It's nice to see Booth really seeing Brennan for what feels like the first time in a long time.

Nice closing line too. Man, I really want to see these two right side up again. It's seriously killing me.

Thanks for sharing this great shot with us!
Desquisitive chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
This is a nice story - I enjoyed it very much!
Jev chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
...If only!
Ranger Stace chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
A gorgeous story - and very cleverly done. Thanks for sharing.
mumrulz chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
That dependency thing?

It's beginning to go both ways! :-D

**Re-frac-tion: noun, Physics. The change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.

...What a very creative & clever - & subtle - use of refraction in this fic...looking forward to a change in direction of their relationship (then maybe my little B&B world will return to the right side up once again). I thought that this is where they were heading here, but . . .

**The fractured perception of his life he'd been seeing for the last few months suddenly came into sharp focus.

"Don't you have to get home?" Brennan clipped the words with a faint challenge.

. . .seems to be a veiled reference to the fact that he still has someone waiting for him at home. :-( But at least they are slowly getting back to themselves.

Love it when B&B share a piece of themselves with each other (& no one else) & when these pieces are tinged with a hint of sadness & pain, it just makes it so much more special that they can share it with the other.

And again, perfectly written. :-):-):-)
harper83 chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
What a great fic! Wonderfully written...I loved it!
legggate chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
I am so ready for something like this to happen on the show. Great fic, I loved it, thanks for sharing.
entcpw chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
This is sweet - and so well written! At the end, I could feel each of their hesitancy and fear (and longing) - I want their walls to come down already!
EmmyMayyy chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
That was a beautiful story. The reflection of these passed and going into the future was amazing.

PS. Is there going to be an update of Ripples in the Pool any time soon? I absolutely love that story and I'm hanging for an update.
fullofmisery chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Best characterization of Bones! It's refreshing. Her vocabulary is intimidating and often skimped on. Nice job.