Reviews for The Turning Point
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Awesooooooooooome
mollrat chapter 1 . 6/2
Really emotional story. I always wanted a conversation about Ba Sing Se. I didn't imagine the rest of the Gaang would be there, but it's interesting to see everyone's reactions. I thought it was a little weird Teo felt so angry but I think I can understand. I never saw Zuko's scar as impairing him but I do have to wonder how good his vision and hearing is on his left side. I loved that your story emphasized that Katara's interactions with Zuko seem to really highlight her darker sides and I like that it's evident that those sides have always been there. Overall just a great one-shot about two characters who have such an interesting dynamic romantic or not.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
It's a little unsettling, seeing Katara so willing to kill someone at this point in the story - context or no. She often backs out before anything gets too serious. That the tension between them is resolved like this is the most likely situation, and she's not idiotic enough to toss out a friend's opinion (especially when she has stringent values on all relationships in her life).

I liked Zuko's response, too - perhaps being so new to the group, and Toph being blunt as ever helped tremendously in making him share secrets he wouldn't under other circumstances.
KJun chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
Awesome! So very right!

Aiedail4eva chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
I have to agree with one of the earlier reviews on here. It was really hard for me to read the first part of this, because I felt there was unnecessary character bashing, and everyone was definitely OOC. They wouldn't have attacked Katara like that at all. And about the whole thing being Katara's fault, Zuko was still way too stuck in his own ways in the Crossroads of Destiny anyways. He knew the offer to heal his scar was there, and Zuko made his own choice when he decided to attack the avatar. Think of how stupid Katara felt. She made herself very vulnerable in that cave, and Zuko didn't even seem to care. She was going to heal his scar! She put her trust in him and he said to Iroh "What are you doing with the avatar?!" Would you have healed him after he basically called himself out as still seeing Aang as his enemy? NO! Besides, Iroh told her and Aang to "catch up with their friends." Katara had the takeover of the earth kingdom to worry about, she couldn't focus on Zuko, especially since he was so indecisive about where his loyalties were. I'm not trying to bash your story, I'm just defending Katara because everyone in the comments keep acting like the idea of Katara betraying Zuko (you know, the guy who always tried to capture her best friend?!) was legit. She was the one willing to give in that episode. Zuko threw away that gift when he turned his fire on Aang.
All that aside, your idea was interesting, but I really disliked the execution. First of all, Zuko would not call Katara a b****, and he doesn't say "hell" either. It just isn't like him. Second, the gang would not yell at Katara the way they did. It literally tore me up to read all of the awful things her own friends said to her. In fact, I'm quite positive the gang would have built her up and told her it wasn't her fault, not bashed her down the way they did. By the time I got to Teo comparing it to his own burn, I was so horrified I almost x-ed off of the story.
For some reason though, I had to finish it. Sure Zuko changed a lot, but when has he ever been so suddenly forgiving? He went from extremely angry, to bringing her tea. I much prefer the actual show's version of Zutara. Zuko WORKED SO HARD to get her forgiveness because he knew he had wronged her. She offered him something precious, and he turned on her. All the things Zuko did for her, saving her from the falling rocks, helping her find the Southern Raider, saving her from lightening, THOSE things are true love. Him bashing her in front of everyone (in this story) to the point that she cried is far from loving.
I did like the ending, and it made up for it a little bit, but honestly the rest was too much. As Zutarians, we all know that the Zutara romance is one built on thin eggshells anyways. If Katara's pride were wounded like this by Zuko, especially with him calling her a b**** (which everyone ignored in the story...), I don't think she could ever have romantic feelings for him.
BlackCatNeko999 chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Wow. This was so amazing! Full of emotions :))
I must read more from you.
huinsutt99 chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
I didn't spot an glaring errors, and I definitely enjoyed reading this. Great job!
Obsessive Consumptive Reader chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
That wasn't actually the only betrayal I was thinking of. Zuko never would have been involved in the issue of Azula vs AangKatara if she hadn't waltzed right into Azula's clutches and told them about Zuko being there.

I'll BET she told Zuzu just who was responsible for giving her that information.
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
I really liked this! I don't think Katara would actually try to /kill/ Zuko, but other than that it seemed really in character to me. I never thought about it that way from Zuko's perspective—that Katara "betrayed" him too. This was pretty interesting.
WiseAbsol chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
This is perhaps the only work of yours I'm not fond of. While I agree that Katara was acting unnecessarily vicious to Zuko during that period in the series, I'm not certain she would have attempted to kill him, knowing that another firebender teacher was probably not likely to appear to help Aang. Furthermore, the reactions of everyone else - under the circumstances presented in the fic, they were warranted, but they still felt extreme to me. At one point it seemed reminiscent of character bashing, actually. The ending softened this considerably, but it still left me feeling uneasy.
thumos chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
I favorited this a while ago and never reviewed. Oops.
Anyway, this was really well written. The whole "You betrayed me so I can never trust you again!" thing never made sense to me; Zuko was never on the Gaang's side to begin with, right? So how could he possibly "betray" them? And, despite what you think, there were no glaring errors. The grammar nazi approves. Good job! :)
cyathula chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
haha you caught me, i was gonna review later but got lazy. ;) i actually really loved this story, you have a talent for bringing out those perfectly logical ways the story should have gone (which is exactly what I crave)! Actually there is one thing I was thinking, which is that the Spirit Oasis water actually is still there in the North Pole, so technically one day, there is a way Zuko could finally get that scar removed. :)
Midnight4568 chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Commenting as I read.

Haha, Zuko WOULD have a deluxe tea set. Because of his uncle.

I like Toph's improved version of her nickname for Katara. "Not-So-Sweetness."

D'awww, I can picture Zuko giving Toph piggyback rides everywhere. Like brother and sister.

The Duke said it so innocently, lol. "They're fighting over Zuko."

:O Katara should not have brought up a comparison between Zuko and Azula...

Zuko swore...

Hmm, I can imagine Toph going to touch Zuko's scar.

Ooo. I can understand why Teo would act cold to Katara.

Haha, "Sifu Hotman."

I like how you expressed Katara's thoughts with how her Waterbending changed the shape of the ball of water.

D'aww, was Katara going to say Zuko was handsome?

Overall, this is a great story! I hope you write more Zutara stories!
Boogum chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I liked this! My thoughts are exactly the same regarding the CoD episode. I see Zuko being pushed to Azula because at least he knows where he stands with her, and having that much hope snapped away from him just when he thought it was going to happen would certainly make his thinking process a bit blurred. Poor guy.
Treacletarts chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
To be honest,this was one of the best Gaang stories I've read.I kept looking for some of them at the western air temple and this story pretty much gave me everything I was looking got the perfect Zutara touch...not too much,not too little...just right.

I was actually hoping you would make this more than a oneshot(its got a lot of potential),but i guess that'll make it lose its charm:)

On a side note,The Duke and Toph rock!