Reviews for The Hidden Truth
Percy Random chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
THAT WAS SOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!
chibi heishi chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Wow, that was... weird. I think, in Fakir's place, I'd never quite be sure of what was real again.
giant fish in a bear suit chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
O_O wow. mind screwy-ness FTW lol

but seriously,awesome fic,as always
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Ooh, I love how the beginning of this so cheerful, and how it so suddenly takes a turn for the horrifying. TVTropes would call that "mood whiplash," and in this case it is most definitely a good thing.

At first I thought maybe the ghost Fakir helped actually hadn't moved on properly and had come back to haunt him. But the bird creature was freaky too. o.o

I love how even at the end it's not really clear *why* Fakir saw what he saw. Was it an AU like Autor thought, or something else? I agree with the one reviewer who said it was a little Twilight Zone-ish. Very creepy and well-done fic!
NortheasternWind chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
LOLOLOL. So Ahiru. Sounds like they've all had a fair bunch of adventures. They're all so happy~!

But eek. Would not be happy to wake up and find my room trashed (though I imagine I would be considerably more distressed than Fakir as I share a room with my sister).

...When the pain in Fakir's finger was mentioned, I was half-expecting him to discover his finger had been amputated and replaced with a retractable knife or something T_T; But anyway, him being afraid of blood is a little eerie. Makes you wonder what's going on even more...

And yikes at what he finds! o.o Ack blood do not want :o And what Fakir eventually remembers... ;_; alskfh. ALSKDJSF. Mean, mean monster! D8 Oh, poor everyone... *hugs everyone* What a horrible thing to wake up to! Noo, I don't want to imagine Ahiru getting mauled by a monster... And poor Autor, dead before Fakir can even get to him! And the two of them returning as angels... Heartwarming, but still sad.

BUT YAY it is not real! ...Mostly not real. Near-death experience still warrants a :o Yeesh, poor everyone again... for reversed reasons! *hugs poor Ahiru*

I love the real Autor's response to Fakir saying his glasses are back. LOL.

I need to find a new way to say "Oh poor everyone." Seriously. Otherwise, yay happy ending! I love action-y oneshots, really (although there was less action and more reaction to action). Such a nice job!
Sakura Fleur Miyuku chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
And I didn't cry because I read the comments before the actual thing. Oh, and this gave me nightmares; I mean, I had the image of Autor without glasses stuck in my head all week! (LOL) Oh, and I'm kind of jealous that you got 3 reviews (counting mine) in like, one day when my fanfic's been up for a couple now and I only have 1...

for some reason, whenever I think about Autor, Ahiru and Fakir I start thinking about scooby doo because of this...

In other words, I LOVE YOUR GUTS (AND STORIES)!
Moon Shadow Magic chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
There's this Twilight Zone marathon on Syfy you might be interested in... I liked this! All the layers of visions and AU's in one near- death experience, all so tangled up that Fakir can't recognize the right one as real. Well done!

(Just for a bit of crack... maybe a Great Dane would come in handy?)
CSKazaam chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
I love this! It started out so normally, that you wouldn't think there'd be anything wrong... But I like how he wakes up and suddenly things are in such a mess! And that scene seems oddly dreamlike - logically, if I woke up and found things a mess, stopping to put things away would be the last thing I'd do... I'd check through the house first! But Fakir stopping to put things away first seems like one of those odd, illogical things you'd do in a dream. Even if it did stem from something he didn't want to face, but didn't quite realize.

It was so horrific finding the scene in the kitchen! With so much blood, I can't help but imagine the battle having gone much worse than what Fakir wanted to remember. ;_; And after finding everyone dead, I actually imagine that it could have been Fakir himself that broke and ran through the house, throwing things on the floor and making a mess in trying to deny it all, before locking himself in his room and ending up concocting a false reality. ;_; Poor Fakir! **hugs him!**

I really like how Fakir is so suddenly jerked back to reality at Autor's words, only to find that it was him who had been dead! And poor Ahiru, being so heartbroken! ;_;

And that's interesting that it could have been some kind of alternate outcome that Fakir had experienced. Definitely a fascinating concept! 3

Awesome story! Though I wonder if some parts could have been extended to make a bigger impact? In reading it, I started to think that maybe drawing out the very beginning for several days, but throwing in hints and odd things along the way to make things feel unsettling might be an interesting thing to try, before Fakir wakes up the final time. Like that cut on his finger - I really like that theme of red/blood, so that might have been interesting to throw in, along with something to indicate the mess, like a book suddenly falling off a shelf and that being of particular interest to Fakir, or a room that's suddenly messy when it wasn't just before. And all that would build up to the ending scene... Anyway, just wanted to share the ideas in case they might be helpful at some point. The story is still awesome, regardless!