Reviews for Waking Up From the Dead Is Hard to Do
Kurai Ummei chapter 1 . 6/30
Daaawwwwwww
docartemis chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
I am very new to reading ME fan fiction but I enjoyed this story, except for the fact that it left me wanting MORE.
Shootingstar7123 chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Love this! Of course it may have something to do with the fact that Shepard/Garrus turns me into mush. This was thoughtful, interesting, heart-wrenching, and adorable, all well-within 10,000 words. Great work!
Velasa chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
That was really damn enjoyable, another one to save for my folders. Damn well in character, emotional but properly strong. Loved it, looking for more.
CookiesRmine chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
YOU NEED TO MAKE MORE! I feel disappointed every time I look at your stories cause half of him don't even have more than 1 chapter DX

More please3

-Kelly
Shenlong Girl chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
D'aww, I loved this. Your descriptions of Shepard's point of view were great, and I adore her interactions with Garrus.
Crazed-Authoress chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Fantastic work! Your description of Shepard's death is brilliant, great story!
S. Chensu and Luff chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
I really enjoyed this fic, incredibly well written and sweet, thanks :)
esuriospiritus chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
I just signed up for an account on this website for the first time in almost ten years (back when I was writing terrible Lord of the Rings fanfiction, ugh) to tell you how amazing this story is. Back then I was a Frodo fangirl, and when the obsession finally passed I swore I would never get so embarrassingly infatuated with another fictional character ever again.

Yet here I am, years later, back on this site, covertly reading Shepard/Garrus fanfiction. And yours is definitely the best I have read thus far.

The premise is captivating right from the start. Truth be told, I'd been toying with the idea that Shepard wasn't just immediately okay with her death like the game seemed to make her out to be, but I wasn't willing to take the step of actually writing anything to rectify that. So seeing someone else take that same basic idea and flesh it out in such a believable way is... incredibly satisfying.

Your characterization is spot on. It's everything I would expect to see if Mass Effect had turned out to be a book trilogy rather than a video game. The pacing and general flow are perfect. And there were so many times that I stopped reading mid-sentence, not because I was bored or because something threw off my immersion, but because I had to stop and savour how perfectly you'd worded something. (Not to mention, you used the word 'sardonicism' correctly in a sentence. That is probably one of my favourite words ever, and I hardly ever see it used. Major, major props for that.)

I have one, and only one, issue with your writing - but it was almost enough for me to judge it on the first few sentences and close the tab, which in hindsight would have been rather tragic. I really, really dislike present tense in stories. I realize that this is kind of a personal quirk and you are more than welcome to disagree with me, but past tense seems to be far more commonly used in published works and such, while present tense seems to be more commonly used by those with less experience in writing (and generally speaking, where there is present tense, there are numerous tense shifts. AUGH, TENSE SHIFTS. I HATE THEM SO MUCH).

So... yeah. I've gone on long enough. Sorry about that. I'll wrap this up.

I hope you write an original novel sometime, if you haven't already. The suits would be idiots not to publish someone with your talent.
nightrun chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
I love this so freaking much. SO FREAKING MUCH. All the details... the way you wrote Shepard was simply... captivating... and real. That's what got me, was how /real/ it was. The fishtank thing, and her actually asking Miranda if she was real... and d'awwwwwwwww the romantic parts.

The characterization of everyone else was spot-on, too. It is sooo hard, in the realm of fanfiction, to just... *get* the "air" of a character, one that's not your own, and you've done it flawlessly.

And, what can I say? I've found myself to be a super Shep/Garrus shipper. e_e Idk how it happened. A friend of mine rec'd the ME games to me and gushed about some alien dude and I was like: "Uh... ooooookay." AND WHAT HAPPENED? I fell into the same boat. Le sigh. /rant.

But yes. Review. ADD sucks. This is a review. I really believed that I was reading about the actual characters, with some fanfics... it's like... "Wait, who is it again?" But yeah, you have characterization down pat and I am babbling because it's the middle of the night. yeee.

ANYWAY. I love this. Thank you for sharing your awesome writing!
Siha Shap chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Brilliant. Thank you.
Lexicer chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
*dopey grin*

D'awwwwww! I loved this so much. Look at you pumping our fan fics!
WastedHeart chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
I always enjoy your writing and this was another great read. I particularly liked the banter between Shepard and Garrus at the end. You have such a good grasp of the characters :)
PaygeV chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
That was a good read, the characters are well written. I especially liked the conversation between Tali and Shepard, makes sense that she'd be curious after her fathers death. And I love GarrusxShepard!
girl undone chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
I love it! There are too little stories that focus on how Shep would deal with coming back from the dead. (I know mine isn't over it!) Not to mention the wonderful, spot-on voices of my three faves, Garrus, Tali, and Kasumi. Great, great work!