Reviews for The Politics of Exile
LadyRavena chapter 8 . 11/28/2007
Excellent story. I especially enjoyed Alana and Stent, whom you don't see much of, but you caught his fierce loyalty to Thrawn very well.

Please, more would be very welcome...craved...obsessed over...
moonservant chapter 8 . 11/26/2007
*is sobbing* This was so beautiful and so so very very very sad! Oh my god brilliant! The ending was amazing, how you tied it in with the two events and brought him full circle! Wow.

One little thing though, if he promised Allena that he would come back, why didn't he when he was saved by the Empire? He spent years in the Unknown Regions, surely you'd think he would have stopped by. Hmm... another story idea perhaps? *hint hint*

Still amazing though! 10 thumbs up!
Violetlight chapter 8 . 4/19/2007
Beautiful story. I feel so bad for Alana, and for Thrawn's daughter. I hope Thrawn managed to see them both again before his death.

I'm writing a simialar story about my version of Thrawn's wife, called "The Hand of Thrawn: Penelope". Xelarra's different though, as she accompanied Thrawn into exile. Then again, she wasn't pregnant at the time either.

It's always interesting to see other people's ideas about Thrawn. This was a well-written fic, but you did get one tiny detail wrong. Stent's core name is Kres'ten'tarthi, as revealed in Zahn's novel "Survivor's Quest". That can be easily changed. Also, I think the Chiss may have been a little too emotional, especially the unruly mob, but I can see the necessity of this for dramatic purposes.

Other than those few details, this was an excellent story. You should be proud!
Firefly4000 chapter 8 . 2/17/2006
u can't leave us hanging! Continue! Continue I say! lol awesome story *adds to favs* more please more
Milo chapter 8 . 1/14/2006
Well, what can I say ? It was great !
Aryna chapter 8 . 7/13/2005
That's an excellent story. I am a big fan of Thrawn and read everything which is written on him. That's one of the best Thrawn fan fictions I have ever read. I really loved it. It makes Thrawn be more "human" (for once). Are you going to write more about him? will he come back to his homeworld?
Complicated Slave chapter 8 . 5/10/2003
Such powerful writing! It had me in tears several times! I hope you write another, because I would be one of the first to read it!
Neila Nuruodo chapter 8 . 4/17/2003
*cries* Oh, stars, PLEASE tell me that you're making a sequel in which they meet... Boohoo... That story is just awesome.
Neila Nuruodo chapter 7 . 4/17/2003
That chapter was a little happier... :') You're so good at this type of story; it is just awesome.

"No vigorous activity." She flushed a bit, realizing how ridiculous that was-it was the last night he would ever spend with his lifemate. "Well, not too vigorous..."
Neila Nuruodo chapter 6 . 4/17/2003
You know, I was thinking this would be a happy sweet chappy, but then you had to go and hurt him! (just kidding) It was really sweet, though, and his last thought there was very typical and in-character for him.
Neila Nuruodo chapter 5 . 4/17/2003
Wow! That was incredibly sweet, the little girl helping Thrawn feel better, and his kinda spiritual side (that is kinda kewl I think).
Neila Nuruodo chapter 4 . 4/17/2003
*cries* That dream was so sad, well done, something...yeah. That was absolutely awesome.
Neila Nuruodo chapter 3 . 4/17/2003
*Cries again* You are soo good at this type of story; you make it sound so realistic...

And I liked Stent's line "I've never cared much for technicalities." Very applicable :)
Neila Nuruodo chapter 2 . 4/17/2003
*Gasp* *cries* How could they be so harsh? His wife's about to have a baby...

Neat how even the crowd was stunned by the sentence.
Neila Nuruodo chapter 1 . 4/17/2003
Ack! I read this forever ago, but never reviewed! Bad Neila! However I don't know how much I read so that might be why.

...Anyway, this is a great chapter. The morality conflicts that they are having are very interesting, even profound. :)