Reviews for Cool Encounter
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Ah! Interesting take on the human-seeming monsters (especially when the boss battles, by comparison, suggest that the apparently "giant" monsters are merely human-sized), by equating them with the "hidden" populations of the domes, in this case the bushi/samurai/kensai series (though I must say, I sort of thought they were bishonen types rather than female when I played, but it works). I like the continuing fleshing-out of the world, including the suggestion that Nial and his group encountered them before, during the previous generation. Sassy Gwyn continues to be funny as well, livening things up (though I suspect that at least a little of that sass is displaced anger at Adan for his growing attentions to Kara, as referenced in the previous story).
Vicious Pink chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Oh, very creative touch with the Kensai tribe. That was a fascinating read. It sets those human enemies in the game apart from the biomonsters. Actually, I didn't think the bio-enemies were explained in the game very well, and you offer a very probable explanation for the existence of more human enemies.

Gwyn steals the story, though. Adan needs a reminder to lighten up occasionally. Well, the whole group could benefit from her playfulness, seeing how they're in such serious circumstances. She's no ditz, though. Her humor is fun but witty, and her character plays so well against Adan's cool demeanor.
BenoitRen chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
I liked this one. It had good pacing, and your usual detailed situation descriptions help to immerse and make a mental image of what's happening. The scuffle was well done, too.
tilinelson2 chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Not a bad story. I didn't like the use of PSIV techniques. I also considered it a bit exaggerated that Mieu and Wren could keep them alive in such a setting.

The dialogue and action parts are fine. The presence of the tribe fits PSIII because it was the only game of the series where general people committed some degree of violence and did wrong things without being directly linked to Dark Force or Dark Force's main minions.