Reviews for Rediscovering Teresa
LouiseKurylo chapter 10 . 2/26/2014
I had doubts about this initially, not being a big Charles Dickens fan. However, I am happy to find I was totally wrong. This was excellent. I will say the "major character death" scene was wrenching, although warranted given the situation. Thank you so much for writing this.
MessengerOfDreams chapter 10 . 5/12/2012
Yet another remarkable work. It felt exactly like the atmosphere of the story itself- dreamy and retrospective. You pulled everything off so remarkably- the scene in chapter 7 of Jane's possible death was darkly breathtaking, just painful to read because it really is so possible in canon and out. This was an immaculate tribute to Lisbon in its own way, and I loved it.
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 10 . 9/14/2011
LOVED IT!

I thought it was an extremely creative idea (God knows I'd never be able to come up with something like this LOL), and you just developed it so well! All of the memories were amazing, and I really feel like I know Lisbon's character so much better now. So thank you ;)
Afterglow04 chapter 10 . 2/12/2011
Yay for fic that has helped me cheer up! :)

I started reading this sometime last week and now I'm thinking I really should've reviewed every chapter as I was going along, because by now I've probably forgotten a dozen things I wanted to say. But I shall try to recreate my thought process, heh.

This entire story was so very enjoyable and infused with the right amount of wit and sarcasm, though that no longer surprises me coming from you, heeee. How you managed to do a Mentalist adaptation from this is quite simply amazing, I don't think anyone else could pull it off that easily.

I think I enjoyed the ghost of Lisbon past most, because it gave you the opportunity to incorporate a whole bunch of meaningful S1 and S2 moments into just one fic, which I absolutely loved. You picked out so many nice ones and the interpretation that went along with it was really nice to read every time. Lisbon's reaction to them all was equalling interesting and you write Bosco extremely well, btw. I think you got him spot on.

The ghost of Lisbon future kind of made me half depressed, I don't exactly remember which chapter it was (six, off the top of my head?) but oh. I just. I may have gotten too emotional when Lisbon was watching her possible future, it was just too realistic and well written, therefore also sad. I don't take things like that very well, for future reference :p

The team bowling night was fun! And a secret guilty pleasure of mine in that I've always wanted to see that happening on an episode, after a closed case or something. And it's always bowling in my head too, strange. But yes, I enjoyed that tremendously. The team banter and just having them all together was a nice change of pace and it just felt like I was watching the show (or a better version of it, come to think of it :p).

In short. I really liked this, I applaud you for pulling this off and for having this idea in the first place. Lisbon's thoughts, how it tied in with her personality in season 2, Jane's attempts, it was all so very accurate. And I'm beyond pleased that Lisbon got her groove back ;)
forthecoast chapter 10 . 1/30/2011
Annnnd, the end. I am sad because it's over. But this was a lovely way to wrap up my weekend at any rate.

I do like to believe that this happened (in some way/shape/form) over the summer hiatus. And you remain the Queen of Novel Adaptations. I shall stop spamming your inbox for the time being.
forthecoast chapter 9 . 1/30/2011
Fun team bonding! Yay!

But you know what's better than that? Team bonding at bowling night. Where Jane is not inherently (and irritatingly) good at the activity. I quite enjoyed the image.

Also, I like Van Pelt as the eager (almost over-eager) coordinator. It works for her. I wish show did more of that Van Pelt and not ... whatever it is they're doing. Or trying to do. Or just generally not doing. ANYHOW. I really enjoyed the little VP/R/C moments, almost as much as the general Lisbon being happier and Jane being bad at something.

As if there was any doubt I'd have forgiven you. I just forgot how depressing end of Chapter 7 was.
forthecoast chapter 8 . 1/29/2011
I may have forgiven you a little bit. I need less ice cream now :p

Oh, before I forget. There's a Kristina Frye spelled "Christina" in the last chapter.

There is something so charming about the way he cares about her in this one. I think it's because he always makes grand gestures and we rarely get to see the little things. And/or hugs. Real hugs that aren't awkward like in 2x01. I like all of Lisbon's rules, but I think I like her giving Jane other rules even more. I can see his face when she offers these "other rules" and it makes me happy.

Also, I have a hands thing. I blame it on 1x11. I am back to my happy place now. And hopefully this has made you laugh, since I am nothing if not ridiculous tonight. I might even get to read the rest of this tomorrow!
forthecoast chapter 7 . 1/29/2011
I was really only going to reread one chapter tonight, but I had forgotten how depressing the end of this one was. Curses.

So, I see what you mean about this fic helping you with Hightower. Lisbon getting a chance to air some grievances to spirit!HTW is rather therapeutic, even just as a reader.

Yeah, so, this is awesome. I just need to drown myself in ice cream. Jane all on-his-last-breath is getting to me tonight. Everything is bleak and dismal and THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. La la laaa. RJ is going to get hit by a bus. Or someone else is going to shoot him in self-defense. RJ would pull suicide by cop. He could definitely do that.

La la laaaa. Happy place. Off to read the next one to see how much ice cream I'm going to have to get.
Anni chapter 10 . 1/16/2011
Bravo !

Wonderful, fantastic, amazing story !

And in character, too )

Thanks for posting- It was a pleasure reading
Ebony10 chapter 10 . 1/15/2011
"I don't suppose we could walk to get these muffins."

"If you want," Lisbon agreed. "You could certainly use the exercise."

Jane's expression turned indignant. "You tricked me into this didn't you?"

"You're getting paranoid," Lisbon replied dryly.

LOL! I like manipulative Lisbon, actually. He deserves a taste of his own medicine. I was sooo annoyed on that ep when he kept going on about her lying to him, etc. Seriously? She lied to him that one time, manipulated him into doing it that one time. And Jane has done it how many times? A bajillion (hmm...how do you spell that?). Man, much as I love him, he also irritates me. Go Lisbon!

Also, the chocolate-chip muffin/hug scene was perfect. And the ending? Even more perfect. I love how you hinted that he will share the tiger, tiger thing soon, but that he's not quite ready now. Wonderful story! One of my absolute favorites!
Donnamour1969 chapter 10 . 1/15/2011
Great story, great ending. I loved the hug. And by the way, this year's first episode was my all-time favorite; thanks for expanding on it. It was like this chapter was also a very cool episode tag. Thanks for the fine entertainment. Hope you have another new story soon.
Anna chapter 10 . 1/15/2011
That was great:)
Janzan-Swomps chapter 10 . 1/15/2011
Really love your story, hope you will at some point write a sequell.
blueeyedmentalistfan chapter 10 . 1/14/2011
I LOVED LOVED this chapter. It was amazing. You wrote them perfectly. I love how you referenced the season 3 primere. Please write more Jane/ Lisbon friendship fics. :) I like them.
Jisbon4ever chapter 10 . 1/14/2011
This was both cute and funny at the same time. :-) (I saw that episode again, yesterday.) I'm so glad they are beginning to become closer. I wish to see that on the show within each episode. :-) Love the hug! *dies* Thank you for writing this AMAZING story. xoxo