Reviews for Tide And Moon
captainswanfan chapter 25 . 2/6/2017
Stumbled across this story last night and haven't put it down since. My jaw literally dropped when I scrolled down to the end of this chapter and saw that there was no more. I sincerely hope that you find the inspiration to pick this story back up again sometime in the near future. I loved everything about it and I'm fully accepting this story as canon in my Literati loving brain. I adore how you handled Jess throughout this story. You created a wonderful balance between his devil may care attitude and his gentleness towards Rory in a way that few others have been able to capture. And all the build up scenes that we never got to witness on screen (and honestly rarely get a glimpse of in most FF) were steamy but always felt genuine to the characters and not at all cheesy. So I really hope you find your way back to this story so I can devour what you write about their first time together.
Guest chapter 25 . 1/10/2017
That was just cruel... no ending! PLEASE UPDATE THIS it is so good!
AJ Granger chapter 25 . 1/5/2017
Loving this whole story and the changes that you made with the timeline. I really hope you are still working on this because it would be a shame to not finish it out. You write all of the characters very well, and they seem even more likable like this. I'm a little surprised that Emily isn't making more of a fuss but I am sure that is coming. This Jess and Rory have a better base though than the one in the series.
LeSass chapter 25 . 9/30/2016
Another wonderful piece, definitely more mature in its content but just as wonderfully portrayed and raw as that very first story :)
czars chapter 2 . 9/21/2016
i'm on season 7 of my gilmore rewatch and it's starting to feel like a chore so i'm on a break. but this, this is everything that is the gilmore girls and i'm only two chapters in. thank you!
open hearts catch dreams chapter 25 . 5/11/2016
I could cry that this ends here.

I started reading this years ago, and at that point I think it was a good 5 or so chapters shorter, and back then I remember being in awe of how beautiful and visceral it was. The narrative has a lovely wandering quality at times, but never fails to be poignant, emotive and wonderfully balanced; treading perfectly between imagery and descriptiva passages without getting too run-on. The characters are flawlessly written. They have flaws themselves, true, but you captured their canon selves and voices - even the more minor ones - so well that reading this I can see it play out in my head like episodes. And I have to say, in many ways, I think I prefer your version of events more than the ones that the show gave us.

The 'undo button', Rory having the courage to say (shout) what she actually wanted and break away from Dean herself, Lane offering free question time to Jess and the fact that he himself is still the same and yet the different events bring more maturity out of him. The evolution of their physical relationship, as much as their intellectual. And so much more. Just wonderful.

I returned to it just today, re-read the entire thing, plus the chapters that were posted since my first read and ... holy crap. I'm blown away. It reads even better (and a hell of a lot hotter) now that I'm personally older and I just love it.

I adore Lorelai in this chapter. I like her in canon, but I also love to hate her for a lot of things, and I think her tendency to fly off the handle in the show is to blame for more than a couple of the mother-daughter fights between her and Rory. I love that your version of her is still the same (Again with your talent for getting their voices and mannerisms down pat), and yet she's able to be a little more mature and sensitive, I guess. I've never read a GG fic where the two of them are comfortable enough to have a genuinely serious discussion about sex, especially at this point in the timeline, and even better that its handled so well.

This got long, and I don't even know if you get review notifications anymore, but thank you for sharing it and getting this far. I really love it and I know life moves on, but I can only hope one day you might consider finishing this. It deserves an ending. Beautiful work; I hope you keep writing.
heyhey-I'mthemonky chapter 25 . 4/30/2016
Hi, I read this story waaaay back when in my fanfiction days, but I suddenly found myself in the mood for Gilmore Girls again, and your story was the only gg fic I could remember. I was so happy to discover that it was just as good now as I though it was back then. :)
LilyAnneBlack chapter 25 . 3/14/2016
Wow, I just read your story. It's really great. Thanks for posting it.
Guest chapter 25 . 2/21/2016
I keep checking this fic to see if you've come back to it... You are an incredible writer and I would love, love to read the ending to this story!
Vivian H chapter 24 . 11/22/2015
This is one of my favorite fics and I like to come back and re-read it occasionally. I wish you would continue it! It is so well-written!
daninickel chapter 25 . 11/13/2015
So just finished and I am hooked. Please say you are writing again. I really wanna read more please.
Elsa chapter 25 . 9/25/2015
Hi, first of all, wow, I love this fanfic. You write so beautifully that at some point I actually forgot I was reading a fanfic. I've never read a fanfic quite like this, I've never read anyone write Jess and Rory (and pretty much everyone else in Stars Hollow) so well. I was especially impressed with your Lorelai, cause she was so funny and amazing and so Lorelai. I loved all the book conversations and the flirting and even the fighting. It's wonderful that even though the show ended 8 years ago, you gave these character life and oh my, how well you did that. I enjoyed every last bit of it and it was a little sad when I reached the ending and I realized you haven't updated since April 2014. :D If you don't update this ever again, I'll live. But if you do, I'll make sure that I'll be here to read it.
Maranna Listten chapter 25 . 8/31/2015
This is fantastic! I love this, as well as your other stories! Please come back and finish this. It is the perfect slow burn relationship between Rory and Jess. You capture these characters so well! I would love for you to come back and continue.
Guest chapter 10 . 8/18/2015
Jess' kindness at the end is great... there's a perfect thaw here. Not too much too fast.
Guest chapter 9 . 8/18/2015
great writing! Jess' fear of it never happening again was so well expressed. Hot kisses. Can't wait for more.
458 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »