Reviews for A Study in Grey
Meew3 chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
Take Vengeance, take it now!
Now if you excuse me I'm gonna go cry for Lestrade.
Peekaboo42 chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
What is wrong with people?! 15 reviews only for such a kick-ass story? I just love Lestrade. Strength in the face of adversity. A cop tried and true, to the end.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Oh man, that was great and awful at the same time. Well done.
toeki chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
very emotional, well done. i like the way you write,

and i like the "grey" that goes through your story, from lestrades hair colour to the concrete walls, to sherlocks emotions.
spinner12 chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
This was good. Very dramatic. I probably would have rated it more than K though for the graphic scene. I seem to hear it calling for a sequel.
iccle fairy chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
excellent! very well written, very moving, although would love it to continue!
mangaluva chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
NOOOOOOOOOOO! GREG! Moriarty, you utter, utter bastard. Greg Lestrade, you magnificent man. Your oneshots always provoke such powerful emotions. BRB, need tissues. The very concept of him dying is very, very painful, as is Sherlock's own quiet pain. ;_;
TadPole11 chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
THis was sad, but very well written. I seem to enjoy more, the fics where we get Sherlock interacting with others besides John. Probably because we get so much John/Sherlock in canon, and not enough Sherlock/everyone else.
Daine chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
That was amazingly well written. Why are all your stories so sad? although some of them have happier endings, just not this one.
Shadow Chaser chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Okay, I admit, it is hard for me to cry over text on a screen or words written on a screen (especially fanfiction). You've just made me cry. Brilliantly done and wonderfully written - so emotional and heart-wrenching. And the fact that it was not John whom you killed, but rather Lestrade made it even more touching because it is someone that people rarely touch and realize that his death could also theoretically burn the heart out of Sherlock. Love it.

-Shadow Chaser
crism1976 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Oh, man! Wow. I feel chilled.

Nicely done. I didn't see that (Lestrade as the victim) coming at all and I think the impact was stronger for being a surprise.

And the character's actions (Lestrade fighting to give Sherlock clues to save John, John trying to help and grieving for his frined) were fantastic. Especially Sherlock's, I think. You portrayed Sherlock's reactions very well, subtle, enough to make it clear he cared without becoming over-dramatic.

"The rasp of harsh breathing seemed louder, irregular and laboured and almost broken, even as Lestrade weakened and quieted. Sherlock pressed his fingertips to the monitor. With sudden insight, he realized that he was listening to John, gagged and tied and grieving helplessly as Lestrade bled out in front of him." - Fantastic lines.

I'll admit I wonder if Sherlock (or Mycroft) find John in time, but the story works better as a one-shot.

Thanks for sharing.
Caia Caecilia chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
I can't believe this fic only has 5 reviews because it is just so good. Painful and heart-wrenching and super. Wish there was a sequel though, rescuing Watson and the aftermath of what has happened and how it affects John and Sherlock. Great writing as I've come to expect from you.
pringle.sam chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Dear God. That was both beautiful and traumatic, while also being incredibly touching. I must say that I love the ending...but I really want a sequel! With lots of angst and hurt/comfort and general emotional recovery...
doctorjay chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Really evil-great writing, but really evil!
Revriley chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
So, are you making Moriarty actually gay or what-with the 'sexy' comment he made? I'm just curious, nothing against homosexuals, I just can't tell whether he's still playing mind games or not.

I'm also assuming that Lestrade was the 'heart' of Holmes? I don't really like non-canonical slash, so I was hoping you could clear that up-were they friends or something more, or was Moriarty referring to the fact that it's usually Lestrade who brings Holmes cases?