Reviews for A Letter To Scrooge
bill chapter 1 . 2/13
i hated your letter it was a waste of my time.
Bob Gulatter chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
Thanks! I also had to write an assignment just like this. And I didn't know where to start! so I Googled it many times, and finally came here. other websites I didn't understand clearly, and others were to long (yes, i'm that lazy :D). but this one is just right! (reminds me of the three bears! ;D.) anyway, sorry for such a long message! again- THANK YOU!
unknown D chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Wow unbeliveable. May I ask want will you think if you are Mr. Scrooge?
annonymous chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
this was really good i liked the twist at the end
TheRaven'sComputerDesk chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I very much desire to read a return letter from Ebenezer to Ms. Gallagher.

Thank you for writing this.
Isa The Awesome chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
One word to describe this story: Damm!
Mayarin chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
I really enjoyed this story! First of all, it was very intriguing from the very start, what with the secrets and all.

Secondly, I love that you made her husband Jacob Marley! Can't say I was expecting it.

All in all, very entertaining!
woundedhearts chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Wow, quite an undertaking. I can't believe this girl was secretly married to Jacob and no one was the wiser. I would hope Ebenezer checks her references but then since he's mended his ways i don't think that will happen. Over all i liked it.
danielle007 chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
Gasp.

THAT WAS GOOD!

Please make a sequel!
LavenderPrimrose chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Great story.

The beginning of this story lured me in- I wanted to know why Eva was a woman of many secrets, and who her husband was.

Your writing style is excellent; I find it easy to picture the scenes of this story in my head.

Nice job :)
Texty Monster Halcyon chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Dear Ever Defender,

Nice job. I found that your formality and writing voice complimented this story well. It's brief, yet dignified, and is just the way I imagine a lady like her should write. I was worried at first that you'd play her like a charity case, but when it was revealed that it would affect Ebenezer personally, the idea of helping her became more plausible.

A couple of suggestions I would make are to ferret out a couple of missing commas and to alter the wording from "elder wealthy man" to "older wealthy man," because it flows better off of the tongue, and it feels more dignified. I would like to see a little more of Eva's motivations, as well.

All in all, it's a well-constructed short piece that's a far cry from simply regurgitating canon. Good job!

Happy writing! :D