Reviews for Eggshells
f2010 chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Beautiful. It hurts indeed, but it's beautiful.
recoilandgrace chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
okayokayokay. So you know how I don't read my favorite writers' stories until I'm sitting down, in front of my computer, and able to devote time to actually reviewing afterward? LOL WELL. I HAVE MISSED SO MUCH. SO, SO MUCH.

HI I LOVE THIS. A LOT. SO GOOD. ALSO WORTHY OF CAPSLOCK, BUT THIS ISN'T EVEN THE CRACKSHIT CAPSLOCK OF WHICH I AM SO TERRIBLY FOND. THIS IS THE "OMG WHAT JUST HAPPENED MY HEART JUST BROKE INTO TWENTY THOUSAND PIECES" KIND OF CAPSLOCK. WHICH IS REALLY THE BEST KIND, U KNO?
Gillian-supporter chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
like it. there are so much feelings in it- well done!
alice chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
This is just beautiful; you should clearly write more one shots.
lilylynn chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Beautiful. :)
KayleighM chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Wow, I wasn't expecting that last line! Amazing! And delivered perfectly! Loved it! :D
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Thanks for writing and sharing.
yayfornonsense chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Love it. The ending is PERFECTION, but overall it's just a great stand-alone piece. You managed to say so much in so little, it's amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Aleia Jade chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Ouch. This one hurts.

I'm glad he asked, and asked "tentatively." Makes me hopeful.

Also this: "Gillian's mirthless smiles always seemed to have a way of finding Cal's stomach and lodging there."

Yay good metaphor/analogy/whatever.
LightWoman chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
I love this. So short but poignant; showing so much in so little words takes a lot of skill. And it's so true, especially for them. The way I see it, she shouldn't HAVE to walk on eggshells around him, and the fact that she does now hurts even more (hope that makes sense!)
nikkidog chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Shit - you just summed up S3! Stop with reality - some us still cling to fantasy! :))
Fearsome Foursome chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
So much emotion packed into such a short scene. Very well done!
Hailey Quinn chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Super super super super good on shot! And it's even super-er because you convey SO much in so few words. I love how there is years of pent up emotions and tension behind every word...and they both know it and they are still to afraid to act upon it.

Gill's last sentence is extraordinary. It means so much!

Pretty much, to wrap it all up into an eggshell (:D) IT'S AWESOME AND SO ARE YOU!

Hailey
Rosajean chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
This is a great one-shot! The way you describe walking on eggshells is so perfectly suited to their relationship right now - so very descriptive of the multi-layered interaction going on between them.
gidget89 chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
You know what's awesome? YOU. Also this one-shot. I am still so in awe that it was only 300 words. *is impressed* WHY CAN'T I WRITE DRABBLES LIKE THIS? Boo. But yay! for you hahaha.