Reviews for Mischief Makers: A Cybot's Tale
Feukat chapter 2 . 2/20/2013
Ah no, this hasn't been updated since 2011.
Well, it's excellent enough to warrant a review anyway.

This is a remarkable beginning to the story. You've given personalities to characters who needed them (I love Marzen!), added some extra history, explained the inexplicable such as the faces on the blocks, and yet remained mostly true to the storyline.
I was most upset to find that there are only two chapters so far. It seems dead, but I'll follow it anyway. Hoping.

In the way of constructive feedback, descriptions of things seem a little awkward and unwieldy. I suppose that's what comes from writing about a visual work, though.

If you can revive this story, I'll be reading it!
Panthalassa Blue chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Absolute Genius.

I love Mischief Makers.

Enough Said.

Keep up the spectacular work.
Vegeta the 3rd chapter 2 . 7/4/2011
You sure know how to make creative liberties where they're due. The Professor kidnapped by a gloating villain, The Empire of Terror using rebellious Clanser as their foot soldiers, Terran and Celes joining for the ride... Feels like the start of a typical anime all over again, and it feels good.

The stuff shown here is quite reminiscent so far to the first stage of the game, just knowing the controls the the life-like of the world. It might get hard to say that everything on Clanser has the same look-alike face (similar to Mario Bros with everything from clouds to mushrooms have the same sets of eyes). I wonder if they'll say how similar they look towards a Haniwa (look it up).

It makes sense really that you decide to throw Terran and Celes. They occasionally end up in some of the stages (including most of the world-1 ones) without much explanation of what happened. And if this will follow the game faithfully (as faithful as it can get while adapting to the very random events that happen like riding an ostrich while fighting a giant robot or fighting the random minibosses from a bee to a dog to a toad, among others), that means Calina will make an appearance. I hope it will be more than just a gloat and another 'find the warp gate' kind of chapter, but that's just me.

Can't wait for the next update.

-Vegeta the 3rd
Vegeta the 3rd chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Getting back into nostalgia of the game that is Mischief Makers, I'm glad to see a rather recent adaptation take place, even though it's rather... unpopular at the moment. Then again, the whole game was not well received as a whole.

Hopefully you can explore some of the random and unexplored side stories, like the Beastector's role in the story and how they came to it. Can't wait to read more, if there will be.

-Vegeta the 3rd