Reviews for Her Family
BooksAreMedicine chapter 1 . 10/19/2015
Great story...loved all the Simon/Kaylee bits. Cool idea with Inara saving her
BigT1587 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
I can see that you put a lot of effort into the story;but all the parts just didn't come together for me. Firstly,I didn't really feel or hear the characters voices. The quirkiness of the crews individual speech just wasn't there. Next,you never explained how the armed men took Serenity so easily. How they captured Kaylee was easy. How they got past River should have been something different. I know that Kaylee is a great mechanic,but I think that you wrote her as being too perfect. Too Star Trekky. Her flaws didn't really get a chance to shine through. And those flaws are what makes her Kaylee. The ending was different ;but not something action fans,or Serenity fans for that matter, would have been waiting to read. This was a rather lengthy one read that much a and end with such a ...dull climax was a little disappointing. The whole story was kind of by the numbers, without an edge to drive it along. I take that back. There were hints of an edge. They were just not pursued. I know that this is rated "T",but I feel more risk could have been taken. Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to flame you. I'm just trying to honest. I just didn't feel that the story had enough in it to stay true to Serenity or it's readers.
LaLa chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Very good! I LOVE Simon/Kaylee! Write some more please? :D
Dherea chapter 2 . 1/15/2011
Im impressed Captn. PLEASE use some form of punctuation! "I'm impressed, Capt'n." reads SO much easier. Do you have a Beta? The storyline is coming along nicely!
Dherea chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I am liking the story, however, very hard to read without quotes around actual speech. Can't tell the difference between what is being said, thought or done. Also, need to watch for names to capitalize.