Reviews for Lady Persephone's Lover
GaijinVamp chapter 9 . 2/9/2011
IT's taken me a while but I can finally write my last review for this story. It was so good, and so diferent that the things that I'm used to reading in FF. The characters showed growth and real tenderness at the end. Persie's time with the Nazis showed her how bad prejudice can be, so she made Harry hire the next man, even though he was Black. It was definitely a Happy Ever After, but it was more. It gave us a slice of live in England of the time, and showed that acts have caosequences past their origin. Very good trip into the mid-20th century.
hmswolfstar chapter 9 . 1/26/2011
Aww, I love happy endings! Thank you for such a gorgeous fic :3 x
sophichka chapter 9 . 1/26/2011
I LOVE THIS. Happy endings are the best :D and I never thought that Harry and Persie had their story told properly :)
livesimple chapter 9 . 1/26/2011
Loved the ending.. It was perfect! I suspected that Henry was Harrys son...The whole Kama sutra bit was too funny!

It was great that they both grew up enough to be able to love and appreciate one another!

I'm glad you finished this story.. I know it didn't have the usual amount of following your other stories do but i'm glad you introduced me to this verse!
jaxg chapter 9 . 1/26/2011
You really do have such a way with words. Having no previous knowledge of the series, I really found myself looking forward the updates for this story.

I'm glad that there was a happy ending for Harry and Persephone. A really nice story. I'd read more of them if you posted!
Seamstress chapter 8 . 1/25/2011
Loved them! Had to catch up on chapters 6-8. Thanks for the shout out!

I'm still thinking that Heinrich is Harry's son. Only Persie knows the truth, and I'm hoping she'll share it. It's a shame she was passed off like a trinket by von Ribbentrop, but she knew what she was getting into.

I like that she's eased her way back into Harry's life. I like that she's matured, and that she's able to take care not only herself, but Heinrich and Harry. She's not the spoiled child she was at the beginning of the story.

I can't wait to read what happens to them. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!
livesimple chapter 8 . 1/25/2011
Persie has grown up a lot and seems to be good for Harry.. Now if Harry can just dump the french girl.. They can move on.. They seem to make a good team. He has the drive and skills and she has the business sense...

Romantic reunion between Harry and Persie next chapter?
livesimple chapter 7 . 1/24/2011
Oh no.. Please don't kill off Henry! Is Heinrich Harrys Son?
jaxg chapter 7 . 1/24/2011
Poor Harry! I wonder what the two Russian soldiers were arguing about...
jaxg chapter 6 . 1/24/2011
What an interesting fate for Persephone. Another great read.
jaxg chapter 5 . 1/24/2011
Your first two sentences of this chapter are extremely well written, and stayed with me throughout the chapter. Having no familiarity with the series, reading through the chapter I wonder what might happen next. The thought of Harry going off to war is sad.
GaijinVamp chapter 6 . 1/23/2011
Where was Persie supposed to go in England? To her former home? Prison?

Harry is a nickname for Henry; Heinrich in German. Is she lying about his age? She answered the question quickly, as though she had it ready.

It sounds like she had a marriage of convenience.

Good chapter.
GaijinVamp chapter 5 . 1/22/2011
It's with relief that I read this chapter. Harry has seen the error of Oswald's racist policies, and not only to save his job, has left the party. Poor delusional Persie has taken off with von Ribbentrop. There'll be no HEA for these two. More than class now separates them.

Since my family is from the East End, this is a vey affecting story.
GaijinVamp chapter 4 . 1/22/2011
It's a miracle that Persie didn't get pregnant.

We forget these days how ingrained the class system was in previous centuries in England. I don't even know how much of a barrier it is today. But besides between the monied and the poor, and the different classes, lives could be ruined.

Even Lizzie Bennett exclaims to Darcy's, "He is a gentleman; I am a gentleman's daughter; so far we are equal.", but the money and connections make a difference.

Good thoughtful chapter.
Seamstress chapter 5 . 1/22/2011
How sad that they drifted apart. I had higher hopes for them than that.

How complete Persie's fall into National Socialism is when she becomes von Ribbentrop's mistress. A more sycophantic Nazi they couldn't have found. And truly, he was in London during the time of the story as part of Hitler's foreign office.

So, Persephone's descent into Hades is documented - but it wasn't Harry, as I first thought. Will Harry be the one to rescue her? I am eager to see where you take the next chapters. SO looking forward to your next installment!